Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Sep 2014, 17:31 (Ref:3458402)   #26
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the math , presuming TOCA don't penalize Turks to rig the series WWE style

Turks leads by 50 points

if he loses at most 6 points over Plato in Race 1 of Brands he is CHAMPION

cos for race 2 and 3 you can score maximum of 44 points
Old 28 Sep 2014, 19:59 (Ref:3458432)   #27
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Judging by Twitter tonight, one thing for sure is that next year Sam Tordoff WON'T be in a Triple Eight car.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3458435)   #28
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Judging by Twitter tonight, one thing for sure is that next year Sam Tordoff WON'T be in a Triple Eight car.
perhaps Plato is getting all the good fresh parts and Tordoff is left with all the worn out leftovers... that's why this season all parts failure are related to him

seems Sam is really feed up with this

Quote:
Sam Tordoff @samtordoff · 3h
Car Failures 3 out of the last 4 weekends whilst 3rd, 2nd and 2nd again today. Disappointed is an understatement.
Reply0 replies Retweet9 retweets9 Favorite12 favorites12
More
Sam Tordoff @samtordoff · 3h
Same ****, different day!

Quote:
John Tordoff @tordoff_john · 59m
Does @samtordoff have the most unreliable car in @DunlopBTCC ? Beyond a joke @888Official !!
Old 28 Sep 2014, 20:46 (Ref:3458438)   #29
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tingram could well step in, but I have to feel for Tordoff. I don't rate him that highly but recently he's been on it and deserves better luck than this!

But even he can only imagine how Adam Morgan feels, although in Morgan's case it is his family team that built that car and run it!
Old 28 Sep 2014, 20:58 (Ref:3458439)   #30
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Love Child is here! (I assume I was whom that was aimed at).

The spewing of utter nonsense regarding TOCA and Alan Gow seems to be for some a recreational hobby.

First things first, it is a suspended penalty. It has no effect unless Honda or Dynamics “Bring the series into disrepute” again. Secondly, The Lord God of Evil Monsieur Plato has absolutely nothing to do with this case. If Gow felt aggrieved he would quite happily do the same to Plato. And correct me if I am wrong, I believe he did after Oulton Park 2011 and Plato was whinging to ITV about turbo equalisation?

Thirdly, the TOCA statement is very acknowledging of Honda’s relevance and place in the series, alongside Neal. I am not quite sure why people think Gow and TOCA would want to stitch Honda up? They would gain nothing, risk losing a manufacturer. After all, this is the organisation that wants as close a title fights at possible. Let’s penalise a contender. Oh of course, they only want Plato to win it. That’s why they have pegged back Rear Wheel Drive cars with the weight and turbo restrictions he has demanded. Hold on….

What I think it is, is a message. TOCA are tolerant but have a limit. And this may be a bargaining tool over the winter with the teams. Want to whinge about Rear Wheel Drive or Turbo Boost constantly? Think again… Plato has been quiet on the issue and yes I know he has been winning but still he couldn’t usually resist.

At the circuit, Honda looked to have more than sufficient boost to myself. They could pull alongside and pass cars that in theory are far faster. I don’t believe it was a conspiracy in qualifying, I just believe Honda re falling behind in pace. Jordan, with in theory the same boost last year when he could battle Plato, was nowhere too. They have been outpaced.

Right the small matter of the racing.

Simply sensational. The third race was possibly the most special Touring Car race I have ever had the pleasure of watching. Turkington, Plato, Giovanardi, Menu, Jordan and Shedden. Six former champions. Great hard racing.

The first two were action packed throughout the field. Collard shunt marred the end of the second but glad to hear he is ok. Again validates safety developments in modern Motor Sport.

Support cast again delivered and MSA Formula is shaping up greatly for 2015.

So to Brands Hatch. Colin will make a deserved and popular champion and I personally would have loved him to wrap it up in Northamptonshire. Yet despite believing it will be done after race one in Kent, I still have the feeling that Plato may take it all the way. Turkington was taken out in race one at Brands Hatch last year. Rain could change everything.

It feels like it should be one man’s title. But until then, it is two men’s war….
Old 28 Sep 2014, 21:21 (Ref:3458441)   #31
porsche962fan
Veteran

what about Plato shoving Turks into a GIO ?

doesn't that warren't at least a reprimant and so a 3rd strike for Plato ?

this move did costs GIO lots of places and any other driver would have gotten a penalty by now

BTW thanks to Honda being restricted we have no real title battle at season finale while last year there were 4 drivers in the hunt

Last edited by porsche962fan; 28 Sep 2014 at 21:28.
Old 28 Sep 2014, 22:01 (Ref:3458448)   #32
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post

this move did costs GIO lots of places and any other driver would have gotten a penalty by now

BTW thanks to Honda being restricted we have no real title battle at season finale while last year there were 4 drivers in the hunt
If you want to play the penalty game, I would say Turkington overtaking under safety car and then jumping on the brakes with Smith so close would warrant further inspection.

Out of context both incidents may be questioned. In context, neither is worthy of analysis...
Old 29 Sep 2014, 00:10 (Ref:3458478)   #33
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought today's racing was excellent, and I am no big fan of that variant of Silverstone. Impressive stuff from Mr Turkington to put the BMW so far up the qualifying order at a circuit expected to favour other cars, impressive stuff from Mr Plato passing him cleanly in the first two races.

Collard incident was shocking, doubly so considering the relative lack of carnage until then, and the way the TV feed cut to the car mid-roll. Was there a full replay? Hard to visualise how that wreckage resulted, from Jack Clarke's description of what happened. Good to know Collard is all right, but I wonder what the chances are of him getting back on track for Brands.

And yeah, Mr Lee summed up race three pretty well. What a race. So much going on over those few laps when it all started to get busy - great display of driving talent from everyone involved.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 00:49 (Ref:3458482)   #34
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found a video of the Collard crash, for anyone who didn't see it all on TV like me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vos2KZjAG4g

Shedden hits Clarke, Clarke loses it and Collard is hit as he passes through.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 11:24 (Ref:3458547)   #35
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I watched all three races last night and again we saw what a World Class driver Colin Turkington is, in fact Plato said as much in his post race interview after one of the first 2 races.

As for the Collard accident, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and that once one of the most violent accident we have seen in the BTCC for a long long time and he has been very lucky. From what we saw the car stood up very very well.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 14:46 (Ref:3458597)   #36
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The car stood up brilliantly. Plato's rollover at Snett last season was pretty nasty, but the car was hardly dented. Despite all of the stick TOCA have received this weekend, the NGTC concept has to be praised! Luckily the racing is good enough to satisfy people like me who are not so satisfied over the way the series is run. More of the same for Brands please!
Old 29 Sep 2014, 15:46 (Ref:3458617)   #37
porsche962fan
Veteran

Plato's great "driving" just pushing Turks around for a few meters

Turks even has some of tire SMOKE trying to break

foto hochladen

at this point Turks is almost off road trying to avoid Gio

bilder kostenlos

kostenlose bilder

and after this disgraceful stock car manoveur well well suddenly Plato has free road

bilder upload

Last edited by porsche962fan; 29 Sep 2014 at 15:55.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 17:43 (Ref:3458649)   #38
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worthy of screen shots? That move livened the race up and didn't do a huge amount. Yes Gio lost places but he was holding all of the cars up. Don't see why Plato should be penalised, that was just a good old touring car move, although I must admit I think he had other intentions when he hit Turks!
Old 29 Sep 2014, 19:04 (Ref:3458666)   #39
porsche962fan
Veteran

according to current BTCC rules push to pass like this is strictly forbidden , he did get penalized for doing it on Turks back at Oulton YET somehow not here...
Old 29 Sep 2014, 19:22 (Ref:3458670)   #40
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I think Plato knew exactly what he was doing in that situation. He just wanted Turkington to get involved in a scrap and if possible, not finish the race.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 19:24 (Ref:3458671)   #41
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Went to my first BTCC meeting in 4 years and the only thing I was annoyed about was the amount of time before the marshals did anything about the traffic jam in the car park on the way out, which meant I had to cancel my plans for the evening.

But it was good to be back and seeing famous faces. Managed to get the autographs of Aron Smith (what a gentleman), Dave Newsham, Aiden Moffat (wished him a happy birthday), Tom Ingram, Warren Scott(didn't realise it was his birthday), Martin Depper and Adam Morgan(wished better luck for him after the first race). Also managed to get a handshake from Colin (first time I'd talked to him in six years), got a smile from his wife and wished Rob Collard luck. Adding to that I also saw Matt Neal, Mat Jackson, Gio, Aron Smith's girlfriend, Ollie Jackson, Colin's son, Dick Bennetts and Vic Lee.

Another brilliant display by Colin who was sensible to just follow Plato in the first two races and get the points. And a feisty drive in race three too

Plato certainly seemed popular among the crowd, but I think Colin was just about more. For me Plato needs an act of god to win the title, Colin has resisted everything Plato has thrown at him.

Great to see the VWs up there including 4 in the top ten race 3. Menu is finally showing what he can do when everything falls into place for him, which hadn't happened prior to Rockingham. And Aron Smith is a future champion no doubt. Mat Jackson is finally matured into a top class BTCC driver and Gio is finally getting there, as he showed by his moves through the field in race 2 and his defence in race 3, where he did not deserve to be a victim of Plato's anticts.

Good to see Collard was alright. Never nice when you are there and you wait to hear messages from the PA which sometimes can't be heard above cars or crowd. I was there in 06 when Mike Jordan had his accident. But it was good to see great driving standards in all of the races there. I'll be back at another one next year.
Old 29 Sep 2014, 20:31 (Ref:3458699)   #42
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They weren't Marshals dealing with the car parks...

Old 29 Sep 2014, 20:36 (Ref:3458701)   #43
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
at least R.Holland had say sorry for the way he acted yesterday after seeing the video and he wants James Cole car fixed for the last rounds
Old 30 Sep 2014, 08:57 (Ref:3458806)   #44
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Rob Holland seems to get innocently caught up in lots of other peoples accidents, which must have cost his team a lot of money in repair bills, not to mention the DNF's. This may partly explain his frustration. I suppose it is a result of regularly starting towards the back.

He should have counted to 10 slowly!

I have been a bit out of the news loop - did I hear the commentators sat that Holland is not competing in the last round?
Old 30 Sep 2014, 10:07 (Ref:3458827)   #45
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Went to my first BTCC meeting in 4 years and the only thing I was annoyed about was the amount of time before the marshals did anything about the traffic jam in the car park on the way out, which meant I had to cancel my plans for the evening.
Ive been stuck in worse. Last year at Snetterton after racing had finished we were stuck in that field (which runs past the main entrance road) for well over an hour. I seem to recall being stuck at Donington in about 2007 for about an hour too after racing had finished.

What I tend to do now is instead of rolling around on the floor fighting with the car park marshalls over where I want to park, I just "put up" with wherever they initially stick me, then in the lunch break (or a support race I don't care for) I go back to the car park and move my car closer to the main exit. This is quite easy to do in a field, but I imagine at Silverstone it could be harder as they have parking spaces in some of the car parks (the tarmac ones).

Leaving and getting into Silverstone car parks recently has been something of a nightmare. I think its because they don't open those individual gates which lead you on and off the road. Instead, they lead everyone down towards the entrance gate near Club, then make everyone drive back up towards near Luffield / Bridge corner area.
Old 30 Sep 2014, 10:15 (Ref:3458833)   #46
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yep, you heard right, R. Holland will be somewhere else on Saturday 11 oct therefore T. Gilham will take the car over.
Old 1 Oct 2014, 11:04 (Ref:3459144)   #47
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
One thing I noticed at Silverstone is how much later Colin is able to brake than Plato
Old 1 Oct 2014, 15:01 (Ref:3459193)   #48
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
One thing I noticed at Silverstone is how much later Colin is able to brake than Plato
the Hondas can brake much later too

the MG frankly sucks , it's fast because it's very fast on the straight line, I would say fastest car in the straight thanks to TOCA
Old 2 Oct 2014, 14:06 (Ref:3459535)   #49
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Hondas have the best chassis, turn-in and braking in the field, it's just the power that's killing them at the moment. Turkington has always been a demon late breaker, reminds me a bit of Steve Soper.
Old 2 Oct 2014, 16:56 (Ref:3459581)   #50
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Good racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post

My first thought was Dirty Jason does a push to pass.