Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Feb 2017, 23:07 (Ref:3711307)   #101
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Locals up in arms over street race

Race debate gets nasty
Old 9 Feb 2017, 23:14 (Ref:3711309)   #102
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Cant wait, planning my trip
Old 9 Feb 2017, 23:39 (Ref:3711311)   #103
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully nothing pops up and you get to this one.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 23:49 (Ref:3711312)   #104
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Hopefully nothing pops up and you get to this one.
Timing is much better in late November than early December for homebush, Or early feb for 12 hour (which i assume is what you were referring too)
Old 10 Feb 2017, 04:45 (Ref:3711335)   #105
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Should boost the crowd numbers nicely. Protesters are counted as spectators aren't they? Advice please D.R.T.
Old 10 Feb 2017, 05:06 (Ref:3711338)   #106
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Should boost the crowd numbers nicely. Protesters are counted as spectators aren't they? Advice please D.R.T.
Old 10 Feb 2017, 08:44 (Ref:3711364)   #107
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Given the figures that have been produced in the past, they probably will be counted in the crowd figures
Old 10 Feb 2017, 09:28 (Ref:3711369)   #108
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That second article is an exercise in utter ******y

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Feb 2017, 02:49 (Ref:3711476)   #109
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
decent articles there describing the large concerns that locals hold in Newcastle.

Not great PR for the event or Destination NSW who are funding the event, especially following the catastrophic failure of the Homebush exercise.

Reassuring to hear Warburton proclaim that no one should worry, he guarantees the event will be going ahead. Now if only he hadn't said that 2 years on the trot with Malaysia
Old 16 Feb 2017, 22:29 (Ref:3712682)   #110
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
decent articles there describing the large concerns that locals hold in Newcastle.

Not great PR for the event or Destination NSW who are funding the event, especially following the catastrophic failure of the Homebush exercise.

Reassuring to hear Warburton proclaim that no one should worry, he guarantees the event will be going ahead. Now if only he hadn't said that 2 years on the trot with Malaysia
How many locals? The usual NIMBY's or a real slice of the population impacted?

Those "Save Albert Park" people still show up with their placards at the Grand Prix every year too...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 Feb 2017, 23:00 (Ref:3712688)   #111
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Those "Save Albert Park" people still show up with their placards at the Grand Prix every year too...
The number of actual residents affected isn't very high. Majority of protesters would be a combination of the local university's rent a crowd, Save Our Rail, Save our Figs, Save Our Ports and remnants of the Save King Edward Park From Noisy Cars crowd.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 00:23 (Ref:3712713)   #112
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
140 "Residents" complained out of a City population of ~155k...
Old 17 Feb 2017, 05:17 (Ref:3712752)   #113
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Considering that a local frog population brought down the ALMS Sydney event - I think 140 local residents and there voices may have some influence.

Everyones entitled to their opinion - especially rate paying residences of Newcastle. Will watch with interest and help out where possible
Old 17 Feb 2017, 05:24 (Ref:3712753)   #114
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
People can have their opinions but ridiculous beat-ups like that second article do nobody any favours - basically propaganda.

At least lets have a mature discussion with facts, not some moron screaming "get off my lawn" and flat out making **** up and muckraking.

But that is clickbait journalism for you.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 05:31 (Ref:3712754)   #115
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
People can have their opinions but ridiculous beat-ups like that second article do nobody any favours - basically propaganda.

At least lets have a mature discussion with facts, not some moron screaming "get off my lawn" and flat out making **** up and muckraking.

But that is clickbait journalism for you.
And we have never seen that in motorsport have we
Old 17 Feb 2017, 05:58 (Ref:3712757)   #116
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The event will go ahead i'm sure.

but it's everybody's right to have a peaceful protest, so we shouldn't be throwing stones at the those people who don't want the event there
Old 18 Feb 2017, 01:46 (Ref:3712962)   #117
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the event is a success in its second year then most of the criticism will go away.If the crowds are on the slide by second or third year then backing for the event will go away.
Old 21 Feb 2017, 22:32 (Ref:3713817)   #118
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More Upset & Unrest

Just give this bloke a paddock club ticket for the weekend...
Old 21 Feb 2017, 22:36 (Ref:3713819)   #119
Mixer
Veteran

Given the comments about how bureaucratic the oversight at Homebush got, lets say it is a guarantee that if the Government sticks its nose into running events like this, it will definitely be a factor in budget overruns.
Old 21 Feb 2017, 22:46 (Ref:3713821)   #120
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Given the comments about how bureaucratic the oversight at Homebush got, lets say it is a guarantee that if the Government sticks its nose into running events like this, it will definitely be a factor in budget overruns.
More than likely right

The thing that is interesting is that the person from the Labor side making all the noise is allegedly, apparently possibly, perhaps may be under some sort of internal investigation himself.. and from some accounts, may not even be in his current position by the time the race shows up...

Its no reason not to have the debate, but the motivation for some angles of the discussion may become murky...
Old 21 Feb 2017, 23:57 (Ref:3713839)   #121
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
More Upset & Unrest

Just give this bloke a paddock club ticket for the weekend...
Corporate hospitality still the only answer for you GTR?

The MP makes some valid points and considering the failure of the Homebush event on financial and governance grounds - I'm not sure how anyone can argue against tighten controls during the events development and implementation
Old 22 Feb 2017, 00:00 (Ref:3713841)   #122
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Corporate hospitality still the only answer for you GTR?

The MP makes some valid points and considering the failure of the Homebush event on financial and governance grounds - I'm not sure how anyone can argue against tighten controls during the events development and implementation
Lets establish a government department, a minister responsible, a full staff, say 550 people. They will need housing, so lets take over a building in the city for a lazy couple of dozen million dollars a year.

You should be able to get it done for a lazy $1.2bn to $1.3bn per annum.

And produce not one single thing that adds value.......
Old 22 Feb 2017, 00:14 (Ref:3713846)   #123
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:

And produce not one single thing that adds value.......
In your opinion.

Looking at ICAC investigation and links to the Homebush event and the significant money lost on the event - you can understand people suggesting for the need of tighter governance
Old 22 Feb 2017, 00:22 (Ref:3713849)   #124
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
In your opinion.

Looking at ICAC investigation and links to the Homebush event and the significant money lost on the event - you can understand people suggesting for the need of tighter governance
Build a government department solely charged with the responsibility of operating and managing government liaison and capital works and legislative considerations for the operation of the Newcastle and other events

I might have undercooked the employee requirement. Maybe double it to 1,100 people. An office in Macquarie St and another in Newcastle proper. Lots of liaising to do after all...
Old 22 Feb 2017, 04:06 (Ref:3713883)   #125
D.R.T.
Veteran

The seeds of the Homebush event are well sown GTR - we are now living with the consequences of it.