Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

View Poll Results: Which Junior Formula has the best racing and highest quality of drivers?
F3000 1 3.03%
Euro F3000 0 0%
Superfund World Series 6 18.18%
FR V6 0 0%
Formula Nippon 0 0%
British F3 17 51.52%
Euro F3 7 21.21%
CART Toyota Atlantics 2 6.06%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12 Apr 2003, 18:37 (Ref:567408)   #1
niwdog
Rookie

niwdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best Junior Open Wheel Series?

Which junior formula provides the best action? Which one is the best for developing drivers. It used to be F3000 but that has changed in the last five years with some drivers go from CART to F1, or even some that goes directly from F3 to F1. The expansion of the Italian F3000 to become the Euro 3000 and the addition of the Superfund World Series and the new FR V6 has also taken some of the attention away from the F3000. So...What do you think is the best junior series?
Old 12 Apr 2003, 19:50 (Ref:567479)   #2
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British F3 rules the junior series.
Old 12 Apr 2003, 23:04 (Ref:567704)   #3
KarenF
Rookie

KarenF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British F3 is definitely a great series, however, the Superfund World Series takes the prize now both for the excellent competition, but also for the pit stops! It's so good for the junior series to allow for this experience.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 01:29 (Ref:567776)   #4
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brit F3. The Superfund series is almost becoming an F1 lite more than a junior formula.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 02:27 (Ref:567801)   #5
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
erm...all of 'em. Depends on your goals, your finances, sponsors, geographic location... But, yeah British F3 is probably the most competitive of those listed above from what I've heard... (Of the above series listed, I've only been to Atlantic races)
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 13 Apr 2003, 02:50 (Ref:567805)   #6
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Renault, by far as a series type.

In 2002 the Formula Renault Eurocup was *awesome*

50 cars at Spa...sigh
Old 13 Apr 2003, 05:46 (Ref:567850)   #7
*formula3*
Veteran

Germany
*formula3* should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
euro f3, followed closely by the superfund world series, but i have to agree with russfeld, spa with the old FR cup was great
Old 13 Apr 2003, 06:25 (Ref:567856)   #8
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to go with Formula Asia. Afterall, that is where CART megastar Alex "Mr. Nice Guy" Yoong got his start.

SWS probably has the best field right now by a narrow margin/Mazz-slow-cane/Zslow Baumgartner.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 10:19 (Ref:567989)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
tricky.

brit formula renault had a great crop of drivers last year, this year it's a bit thin on the ground and there will be some serious butt spanking going on by the top 2 or 3.

british formula 3 also doesn't have that good a quality of driver. out of this year's only jamie green, the dark side (sorry, the piquet massive) and maybe adam carroll (for what he's done with that dreadful lola thing in the circumstances) stand out. the racing is poor most of the time on the surface.

sws seems to have the 'best' drivers in, but then again that's where all the money is. i reckon they're the best qualified rather than the most talented.

can't believe formula ford isn't on there! full of kiddies it may be but it's great racing.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 18:41 (Ref:568370)   #10
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Ford, forgot about that! The Canadian version is great entertainment, I imagine the Brit version must be even better for cut-throat racing.

It looks like the economy and other factors have left a lot of series with thin fields this year...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 13 Apr 2003, 18:43 (Ref:568375)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
most of the talent has completely vanished. maybe it's because i've got more knowledge about the drivers that are around the the lower stuff in this country but there's very few to actually get excited about. just seems to be the economy here causing the problems.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 22:35 (Ref:568554)   #12
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Id say at the moment its F3000, with the likes of Pantano, Bell, Kerr, Minassian, Paffet, Toccaceleo, Weridheim I dont think u can beat that. Im just looking forward to seeing if Kerr can beat Pantano, Minassian and Bell, my money is on no he cant.

Lets not forget, the latest F1 driver to come to F1 has been moved from F3000, Antonio Pizzonia..
Old 14 Apr 2003, 13:27 (Ref:569044)   #13
Morcilman
Racer

Spain
Spain
Morcilman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no doubt, its british F3, there are better cars, there are better series, but overall, if I could choose one championship to win would be F3 British, and second WS.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 17:24 (Ref:569227)   #14
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Historically the British F3 is the best, but I'm thinking this is also cause of the Britishcentrism of the sense of motorsport. In these days there are other another very good promotional formulas, principally the Superfund World Series. We need to have a look to the Renault V6 to see if it will be as successful as Euro F.Renault 2000 was.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 19:56 (Ref:569376)   #15
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Id say at the moment its F3000, with the likes of Pantano, Bell, Kerr, Minassian, Paffet, Toccaceleo, Weridheim I dont think u can beat that.
You forgot your boy Gaston "The Next Carlos Reutermann" Mazz-slow-cane.

Last edited by corkholio; 14 Apr 2003 at 19:57.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 21:45 (Ref:569506)   #16
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mekola
Historically the British F3 is the best, but I'm thinking this is also cause of the Britishcentrism of the sense of motorsport.
I think a lot of that's due to the momentum of the series, and British motorsport in general in the junior formulae. The best drivers come from around the world because they see the UK as having the best, most competitive championships, which helps to make the British championships the best, most competitive championships in the world, which attracts the best drivers from around the world.....
Old 15 Apr 2003, 13:29 (Ref:570110)   #17
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Last edited by climb; 15 Apr 2003 at 13:32.
Old 15 Apr 2003, 13:30 (Ref:570111)   #18
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Morcilman
no doubt, its british F3, there are better cars, there are better series, but overall, if I could choose one championship to win would be F3 British, and second WS.
I agree with your preferences, but I don't think there are better cars or series, and that is one of the reason of these series' success.
F Renault is on a lower level, and the new issue has been particularly troublesome; F3000 is maybe the worst car ever (for an international series): after 18 years everybody still misses F2