Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Apr 2000, 14:19 (Ref:280)   #1
Ace
Rookie

Ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a shame that the never breaking Ferrari has failed 2 times out of 4 and the unluckiest driver who got it has to be Rubinho. Does Ferrari need to do that much to make sure there is always an #1 and #2 driver?
Old 23 Apr 2000, 14:48 (Ref:281)   #2
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tell us what they did this time to prevent Rubens from winning Ace, because I have no idea with what sort of conspiracy they came up with today.
Old 23 Apr 2000, 15:04 (Ref:282)   #3
Ace
Rookie

You didn't know that Rubinho's Ferrari broke down?
Why is it that the one of the Ferraris is realiable as it only can be and the other one isn't? the answer: they are not the same Rubinho gets the short stick, thats what Ferrari is doing to prevent him from winning.
Old 23 Apr 2000, 15:11 (Ref:283)   #4
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Whatever happened we can all have our assumptions but thumbs up to Rubens for completely dominating Michael and outclassing him throughout the race. Ferrari must be wondering about the 40 million dollars they spend on Michael?
Old 23 Apr 2000, 15:43 (Ref:284)   #5
Ace
Rookie

Agree with you Freud. Luca M said today "there will be life after MS" and I would not be surprised that in the next race he will be in the Ferrari garage making sure Rubinho gets fair treatment. Haven't we seen that last year?
Old 23 Apr 2000, 16:51 (Ref:285)   #6
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst I dont really subscribe to conspiracy theories, I do wonder whether some teams are able (or willing) to produce two top quality cars.

As has been said, If a Ferrari breaks, It is Rubens car. If a Jaguar Breaks, It is Herberts. Last year, it was always DC's McLaren that broke.

I'm not suggesting conspiracy, more a case of rescources.
Old 23 Apr 2000, 17:02 (Ref:286)   #7
Rated R
Rookie

Rated R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Three times this season MS has outqualified and outperformed Barichelo. Once the opposite happens and you open your big mouths. Think how you'd feel in MS's place. I know what he said (that he does not treat Silverstone differently) but I don't buy it--look how he backed off from Ralf. MS has never liked Silverstone--he's won only once and, moreover, it was not a very clear win. Next round, I predict business as usual--MS outperforming RB.
As far as Barichelo is concerned, he again cracked (showing his lack of determination)and let DC overtake him for the lead. But that hardly surprises me. After all, he was second to Eddie Irvine at Jordan.
Peace

[This message has been edited by Rated R (edited 23 April 2000).]
Old 23 Apr 2000, 17:13 (Ref:287)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Er.

A little harsh but you tend to reflect my views. RB is good but not very good. Schumacher, for once, proved how human he is and in the end got home with 4 points. RB made a mistake whilst leading (sorry) holding up, the rest of the front runners and let DC pass. It was not, however, his fault that the car broke. He would have finished third if the car hadn't failed because MH would have passed him too.
Old 23 Apr 2000, 18:47 (Ref:288)   #9
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Rated R, read this statement from Rubens. Once again his ferrari broke up.

"Around five or six laps before I retired I started to feel there was something wrong with the car. Then I began to have problems with the clutch and the throttle. That is why Coulthard managed to pass me. I spun because of the erratic behaviour of the engine, which almost died on the entry into the corner, before the power suddenly came in again. I decided to pit, but there was nothing to be done. It was a problem with the high pressure hydraulic circuit, similar to the one in Brazil, but for a different reason."

Old 23 Apr 2000, 18:55 (Ref:289)   #10
Ace
Rookie

Second to EI at Jordan??? In your dreams, get your facts right.

In Australia and Brasil RB's lap times where much faster than MS's.
Old 23 Apr 2000, 19:20 (Ref:290)   #11
ccara
Rookie

ccara should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny then Ace that he didnt win either race, but oops I forgot conspiracy theory, wonder was there someone on grassy knoll out to get Rubhino

Give credit where its due, Rubens was fab in qualifiers and indeed outclassed his teammate but in race he always looked edgy and I think passing by DC was not due to problem in car just good move( and it pains me to compliment DC
For TGF damage limitation and 4 points, and I dont care at whose expense they were got. Rubens is good just not that good...whole season left and as long as he doesnt start pouting will get his deserved victory.
As for Ferrari wondering bout their $40 million spent on Schuey, 34 points from 40, 3 victories oh I'd say they are crying alright

Old 23 Apr 2000, 20:02 (Ref:291)   #12
Rated R
Rookie

Rated R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Ace, I have to agree on that one. Barichello was not second to Irvine in Jordan. He finished in 6th place with 19 points in 94 (Irvine was 14th with 6) and was 11th in 95 with 11 points (Irvine 12th with 10). But for Australia and Brazil I have to disagree:
Australia: QUAL: MS-1:31:075
RB-1:31:102
Race fastest lap: RB-1:31:481

Brazil: QUAL: MS-1:14:508
RB-1:14:636
Race fastest lap: MS-1:14:755
I'm not even going to talk about Imola. No matter how you slice it, MS was faster than RB in Australia and Brazil combined.
Peace
Old 24 Apr 2000, 00:28 (Ref:292)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Freud Sr. once said, "Sometimes a cigar is only a cigar."

That is, sometimes the car breaks because sometimes cars break. Especially F1 cars. This in no way takes away from Rubens' storming drive up til that point. And I would not be surprised if he wins a race real soon. Before he goes to McLaren.

I did notice however, that Cranky Mika started in 3rd place and never got any higher than that except by attrition. Personally I think he is a quitter. But that is only what I think.
Old 24 Apr 2000, 01:18 (Ref:293)   #14
Unknown Soldier
Racer

Unknown Soldier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How will Ferrari win the Contructors title when it has one of it's cars not scoring points.

Old 24 Apr 2000, 01:51 (Ref:294)   #15
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Liz, Mika is still my fave, but I agree with you about his determination. I think he showed a lot of will in '98, but that season may have been the anomoly. I suspect his drive and passion are gone. When things are going his way, he's fast and precise, but when he isn't in the class of the field, he is pretty lackluster.
Old 24 Apr 2000, 05:44 (Ref:295)   #16
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"thumbs up to Rubens for completely dominating Michael and outclassing him "...er me thinks that should be "thumbs up to Jacques for completely Blocking and Slowing down Michael "

""there will be life after MS"
He meant Mick Schumacher in 2020...Ace !
Old 24 Apr 2000, 06:34 (Ref:296)   #17
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hahahaha, blimey, another conspiracy theory... I think that there is going to be a conspiracy theory if there is a race without a conspiracy theory, if you get my drift.

Ace, you are silly

There it is said.

Wouldn't Schumacher (and dont forget Ferrari) be in a better place if if Rubens won the race, with the silver bullets in 2nd and 3rd??
Old 24 Apr 2000, 08:35 (Ref:297)   #18
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari used a device that by remote control leaked all the pressure out of the hydrolic system in Rubens car. Someone has to drive the other Ferrari car, What they excpect to be able to win????

Poor rubens
Old 24 Apr 2000, 08:46 (Ref:298)   #19
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wit is thiz ?
Old 24 Apr 2000, 13:05 (Ref:299)   #20
Ace
Rookie

Did I said once that Ferrari or MS or both conspired to give Rubinho a car that would retire? I’m pointing out the lack of competence from Ferrari to provide both drivers with a winning car. Resources someone said, What, isn’t Ferrari the richest team in F1? Couldn’t they afford enough resources?

You people go about thinking that you are lawyers of MS/Ferrari and don’t relax for a minute and think that 2 break downs in 4 races is a terrible record for the amazingly reliable Ferrari.

Old 24 Apr 2000, 17:23 (Ref:300)   #21
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ace, if you are saying that Ferrari continues to focus their efforts behind TGF and that it is inevitable that one car, under the pressure of preparing the team for the race will prepared more carefully, AND that it is inevitable that that car would go to Schuey, then I agree with you.

If you think its an intentional conspiracy to subvert RB"s campaign for 2000, then I would say you are wrong.- But I don't think that that is what you are saying, having re-read your comments.
I honestly believe that RB has set himself up for a very frustrating season and that he will not get the full full effect of ferrari's efforts.
It is not to screw him, per se, its just that Schumacher is is the "squeaky wheel" that is getting greased.

Old 24 Apr 2000, 23:30 (Ref:309)   #22
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah, so his traction control failed...well thats ok
Old 25 Apr 2000, 00:54 (Ref:301)   #23
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Send him over here and I will show him grease so he'll never get over it.

It's Just Bad Luck. Nothing more. Bad enough, but nothing more.

P.S. to Eero, that is just what I meant. No direspect to the Cranky One, but some people are just not fighters.
Old 25 Apr 2000, 01:04 (Ref:302)   #24
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
You know, Liz, he WAS a fighter, having recovered from Adelaide and his entire season in 98 showed lots of what the Finns call "Sitsu", loosely translated into English as Guts, grit or determination. But now that he has tasted success, and has proved himself, and has a very devoted wife, I suspect that the lure of life outside of Racing is growing. Its my bet that he'll pack it in after this year. DC is still hungry and McLaren wilol be focusing their effort behind him before the season is over.
Old 25 Apr 2000, 01:19 (Ref:303)   #25
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what has rubens done to deserve all this praise, except to be totally outclassed by schumacher. the pole posittion at silverstone was just good timing period. add one minute to the end and he would have been relegated to third or fourth on the grid. As for the race if it were either schumacher or the mclarens up front do you really think frentzen would have been in the fight. No disrespect to HHF but the jordan's are not in the same league as the mclaren's or the ferrari's. Personally i think Barrichello is a good egg, but he is not performing! Maybe he should follow schumacher a lot more closely to learn how to setup the car.