Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Jul 2015, 04:17 (Ref:3556361)   #1
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8 Supercars Blinked First?

How many saw this coming if indeed it happens at all

http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/07/06/...-12-hour-deal/
Old 7 Jul 2015, 04:24 (Ref:3556364)   #2
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For the sake of Australian Motorsport - we have all got our fingers crossed this doesn't eventuate
Old 7 Jul 2015, 04:29 (Ref:3556368)   #3
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
For the sake of Australian Motorsport - we have all got our fingers crossed this doesn't eventuate
I dont! Hoping it will happen. take a poorly attended little race into the big time like it deserves

however Casper, much discussion in the 12 hour thread, which in 3 posts so far here 2 are just a rehash of the discussion over there.
And funnily enough those that are always talking down the v8 series are talking this down when it quite possibly will be a good thing thus the thought is being discusssed
Old 7 Jul 2015, 09:04 (Ref:3556416)   #4
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Agree, supercars is a crap category, we need decent alternatives.
Old 7 Jul 2015, 13:29 (Ref:3556478)   #5
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
I dont! Hoping it will happen. take a poorly attended little race into the big time like it deserves

however Casper, much discussion in the 12 hour thread, which in 3 posts so far here 2 are just a rehash of the discussion over there.
And funnily enough those that are always talking down the v8 series are talking this down when it quite possibly will be a good thing thus the thought is being discusssed
It hasn't happened yet, people are getting ahead of themselves whether that be critical or hopeful that it might happen. The greatest driver for it to happen is most probably TV as Foxtel has learned to its cost that the take up is way below expectations and V8 SC can only value add for the next round of negotiations by bringing something else to the table. Of course it is going to be discussed in both places as it has been a discussion that affects both categories calendars and competitiors. I was told today of other bombshells that may explode in Oz motorsport as well so interesting times ahead, sorry but I am not free to expand on that but do not be surprised at anything that might happen.
Old 9 Jul 2015, 01:57 (Ref:3556893)   #6
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Then you should be hoping for Mr Ratel to call. Otherwise, you may be quite disappointed.
Old 9 Jul 2015, 02:05 (Ref:3556897)   #7
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfiOz View Post
Then you should be hoping for Mr Ratel to call. Otherwise, you may be quite disappointed.
Isnt that the intention here
Old 9 Jul 2015, 11:22 (Ref:3556964)   #8
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
they're ruining the best racing series in the world.
Old 9 Jul 2015, 12:52 (Ref:3556983)   #9
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
they're ruining the best racing series in the world.
According to themselves
Old 9 Jul 2015, 21:32 (Ref:3557126)   #10
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
According to the World.
Old 10 Jul 2015, 05:04 (Ref:3557206)   #11
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What was interesting is the lack of a denial from B12Hr camp...
Old 10 Jul 2015, 08:48 (Ref:3557234)   #12
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
What was interesting is the lack of a denial from B12Hr camp...
Yeehah were very quiet all through the 2014/15 clash BS, so on one hand a lack of denial could mean nothing.... my senses are telling me different though and there is much more truth in this than fiction

Mr Warburton being reported in the Financial Review out with a 7 head talking motorsport could be the smoking gun.
Old 10 Jul 2015, 08:50 (Ref:3557235)   #13
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Mr Warburton being reported in the Financial Review out with a 7 head talking motorsport could be the smoking gun.
That was after the initial leak.
Old 21 Jul 2015, 04:37 (Ref:3559930)   #14
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
even though its an immature thread title this probably belongs here

Bathurst 12 Hour deal just the start for V8s

Deal for 12 hour possibly done this week
Old 21 Jul 2015, 05:30 (Ref:3559934)   #15
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:

That would be a major disappointment if it turns out to be true.

I did enjoy this though!

Quote:
Warburton is pushing the line that the category wants to be a team player, rather than ride over categories roughshod as happened in the Tony Cochrane era. He argues stability is good for all players.
Old 21 Jul 2015, 05:33 (Ref:3559936)   #16
Casper
Veteran

Quote:

I think the thread title deserves a better come back than that. I will try to do better next time.
Old 21 Jul 2015, 05:37 (Ref:3559937)   #17
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I think the thread title deserves a better come back than that. I will try to do better next time.
Did you read the article? it explains why the title is wrong.
Old 21 Jul 2015, 10:58 (Ref:3559983)   #18
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Did you read the article? it explains why the title is wrong.
My interpretation was it was exactly that, SC blinked first. They were afraid if they did not gain control they would not own the premier motorsport event in Oz.
Old 21 Jul 2015, 14:29 (Ref:3560032)   #19
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
That would be a major disappointment if it turns out to be true.

I did enjoy this though!
Quote:
Warburton is pushing the line that the category wants to be a team player, rather than ride over categories roughshod as happened in the Tony Cochrane era. He argues stability is good for all players.
He is correct in that stability is a good thing for everyone. However, it's not outside the realms of possibility, but the probability is pretty low of V8SC wanting to provide stability and not push their category at the expense of all others. I will be pleasantly surprised if the actions match the words.
Old 25 Jul 2015, 07:54 (Ref:3560704)   #20
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
My interpretation was it was exactly that, SC blinked first. They were afraid if they did not gain control they would not own the premier motorsport event in Oz.
Except it doesn't make sense on a couple of levels.

Identifying an opportunity to expand your business and seizing it is not "blinking" and the 12hr is Australia's premier motorsport event only if you somehow discount the AGP, 1000, MotoGP, and possibly Clipsal.
Old 25 Jul 2015, 08:14 (Ref:3560708)   #21
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Identifying an opportunity to expand your business and seizing it is not "blinking" and the 12hr is Australia's premier motorsport event only if you somehow discount the AGP, 1000, MotoGP, and possibly Clipsal.
Absolutely agreed, I love the B12hr but it is still a fringe event.
Old 25 Jul 2015, 14:58 (Ref:3560763)   #22
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Absolutely agreed, I love the B12hr but it is still a fringe event.
It has more long range potential for growth and international recognition than the whole V8 SC series. The V8's will never be more than a domestic series with very little international recognition. It is really a diversification if it takes place as both have totally different objectives.
Old 25 Jul 2015, 15:00 (Ref:3560765)   #23
Mixer
Veteran

In your opinion, which I disagree with.
Old 25 Jul 2015, 15:02 (Ref:3560766)   #24
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
In your opinion, which I disagree with.
It is a free world, insular thinking never achieved growth.
Old 25 Jul 2015, 15:08 (Ref:3560769)   #25
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
It is a free world, insular thinking never achieved growth.
I don't disagree with the potential of the B12hr, but your statement about V8Supercars is blinkered and just doesn't stand up.