Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Mar 2014, 09:19 (Ref:3385979)   #51
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortall View Post
Don't know what happened during Q1 - but in R1 it was more than made up for.
Fuel line issue.

http://m.speedcafe.com/2014/03/29/mu...st-agt-opener/

What annoys me is the article saying a "strong pit stop strategy" helped him win the race. What BS. He started last so had roughly a 40 second less pitstop to the Lambo which had 93 seconds. Tables are turned tomorrow, the Lambo has the shortest stop allowed and muscat 84 seconds. Everything going ok, the Lambo will romp it in. Last year I didn't finish race 1 at EC yet had the same pit stop time for race 2 which was BS as I hadn't finished the race so didn't score any points which was penalty enough. They've come to their senses and changed that rule for this year. Still easy to sandbag quali which we did last year to win race 1. Quali points need to be much higher so everyone has a real go at it.
Old 29 Mar 2014, 10:54 (Ref:3386013)   #52
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Don't know what happened during Q1 - but in R1 it was more than made up for.
Any relation to Chris Muscat, ex Pulsar racer in the early 90's?
Old 30 Mar 2014, 01:17 (Ref:3386306)   #53
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2.5 second win to #36 in race 2.
Old 30 Mar 2014, 01:56 (Ref:3386312)   #54
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
2.5 second win to #36 in race 2.
#36?

According to post 47, there is no #36 .... ... #6 maybe?
Old 30 Mar 2014, 03:10 (Ref:3386322)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Insured?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Mar 2014, 03:11 (Ref:3386323)   #56
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
#36?

According to post 47, there is no #36 .... ... #6 maybe?
The Muscat driven Erebus Merc #36 didn't make qually 1 and that's why it didn't appear on the list.
Old 30 Mar 2014, 06:16 (Ref:3386344)   #57
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Insured?
Hope so. Innocent victim in Bowe and Quinn braking duel into turn 1 and exit.

Decent hit for Quinn as well.

Great race though, without the incident would have been interesting to see how close Bowe could have got for the W.

Cant speak highly enough of the Shannons Nationals live online broadcast. Scrolling positional info, commentary and full circuit coverage is exceptional.
Old 30 Mar 2014, 08:51 (Ref:3386394)   #58
NinnyMan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
NinnyMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Insured?
I agree. Damaging your race car is "THE PITS".
Old 30 Mar 2014, 08:53 (Ref:3386396)   #59
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Hope so. Innocent victim in Bowe and Quinn braking duel into turn 1 and exit.

Decent hit for Quinn as well.

Great race though, without the incident would have been interesting to see how close Bowe could have got for the W.

Cant speak highly enough of the Shannons Nationals live online broadcast. Scrolling positional info, commentary and full circuit coverage is exceptional.
Agreed plus live timing. They've upped their game from last year's streaming which was a bit hit and miss.
Old 30 Mar 2014, 09:19 (Ref:3386413)   #60
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is #36
Old 30 Mar 2014, 10:03 (Ref:3386441)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinnyMan View Post
I agree. Damaging your race car is "THE PITS".
It wasnt even his... borrowed/leased from the Quinn fleet...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Mar 2014, 10:30 (Ref:3386462)   #62
deano2
Racer

deano2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
Fuel line issue.

http://m.speedcafe.com/2014/03/29/mu...st-agt-opener/

What annoys me is the article saying a "strong pit stop strategy" helped him win the race. What BS. He started last so had roughly a 40 second less pitstop to the Lambo which had 93 seconds. Tables are turned tomorrow, the Lambo has the shortest stop allowed and muscat 84 seconds. Everything going ok, the Lambo will romp it in. Last year I didn't finish race 1 at EC yet had the same pit stop time for race 2 which was BS as I hadn't finished the race so didn't score any points which was penalty enough. They've come to their senses and changed that rule for this year. Still easy to sandbag quali which we did last year to win race 1. Quali points need to be much higher so everyone has a real go at it.
The whole timed pitt stop is bullshit ... It's picking winners which is crap... That's not racing and yeah what a stupid article
Old 30 Mar 2014, 10:32 (Ref:3386465)   #63
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
It wasnt even his... borrowed/leased from the Quinn fleet...

Bummer. That's one sorry looking 458
Old 30 Mar 2014, 11:26 (Ref:3386521)   #64
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do our Victorian friends continually load damaged vehicles in that manner.
I have heard drivers complaining that often more damage is suffered due to the 'lazy' pick up as they call it. It would take only a little longer to fully draw the vehicle onto the tray and secure it even better than currently shown - and with less chance of the vehicle bouncing up and down causing even more damage or stress to chassis, components etc.
Old 30 Mar 2014, 20:38 (Ref:3386792)   #65
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What choice did the recovery crew have with the Ferrari?...the front end is folded downwards from impact. Dragging it further on would have certainly damaged it more. Easy to be critical when your not on scene and judging from a photo.

Don't agree with the 'innocent victim' assessment with this car either. Did a very poor job of getting out of the way when Quinn and Bowe caught him at Dandenong Rd with blue flags waving and 3 laps down. Became a mobile Chicane thru the last sequence of corners and caused all the angst and argy bargy then used his straight line handling package to remain anywhere near them down at turn 1.

Should have stayed way out of it... Very bad luck for Tony Quinn, didn't deserve any of it
Old 30 Mar 2014, 21:21 (Ref:3386813)   #66
GTRacer
Rookie

GTRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree sheep stations, why a car 3 laps down all of a sudden feels they need to race the leaders, whilst lapping 6 seconds a lap slower..out of ones depth I'm guessing
Old 30 Mar 2014, 22:13 (Ref:3386833)   #67
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^^ isn't that GT racing the world over? Gentlemen mixing up with the Pro's

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Any relation to Chris Muscat, ex Pulsar racer in the early 90's?
Chris owns Centreline and still races Sport Sedans
Maybe a nephew or something Chris' son is Chris, and a bit younger maybe 20
Old 30 Mar 2014, 22:20 (Ref:3386839)   #68
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso Swift View Post
^^ isn't that GT racing the world over? Gentlemen mixing up with the Pro's
Doesn't exempt them from using their mirrors and common sense though.
Old 31 Mar 2014, 02:01 (Ref:3386898)   #69
old fart
Racer

Australia
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations View Post
What choice did the recovery crew have with the Ferrari?...the front end is folded downwards from impact. Dragging it further on would have certainly damaged it more. Easy to be critical when your not on scene and judging from a photo.

Don't agree with the 'innocent victim' assessment with this car either. Did a very poor job of getting out of the way when Quinn and Bowe caught him at Dandenong Rd with blue flags waving and 3 laps down. Became a mobile Chicane thru the last sequence of corners and caused all the angst and argy bargy then used his straight line handling package to remain anywhere near them down at turn 1.

Should have stayed way out of it... Very bad luck for Tony Quinn, didn't deserve any of it
I do agree that the front of the car is badly damaged however there have been examples over the years where cars with 3 or 4 wheels still attached and working have been picked up in that manner. Look at some of photgraphs of a number of the sexually affected cars from the 12 hour and they have been fully 'trayed' and secured.
Old 31 Mar 2014, 09:12 (Ref:3386970)   #70
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Highlights of Sunday's race below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exIV7So6d4k#t=10
Old 31 Mar 2014, 21:21 (Ref:3387206)   #71
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart View Post
I do agree that the front of the car is badly damaged however there have been examples over the years where cars with 3 or 4 wheels still attached and working have been picked up in that manner. Look at some of photgraphs of a number of the sexually affected cars from the 12 hour and they have been fully 'trayed' and secured.
I would think a slightly higher level of security of load is expected at a track with 174 metres difference in height from top to bottom...compared to a relatively flat Sandown.

I'm not prepared to buy in to an argument as to who has the best recovery crews. They're all legends in my view.
Old 1 Apr 2014, 00:14 (Ref:3387244)   #72
old fart
Racer

Australia
Agreed Terry-must be the Workplace Safety laws in NSW that will have your guts for garters for doing that.

All volunteer officials are legends-it's a pity a few more competitors didn't realise that without them there would be no racing.
Old 1 Apr 2014, 00:27 (Ref:3387248)   #73
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
The Muscat driven Erebus Merc #36 didn't make qually 1 and that's why it didn't appear on the list.
Ta
Old 1 Apr 2014, 05:08 (Ref:3387277)   #74
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went out on the Saturday, thought the GT racing was fantastic between the Lambo, Ferrari, Aston and McLaren, and then Muscat went and won it!haha. Obviously the timed pitstop was in his favour and he did what he needed to win it. You'd think there'd be a provision to realise that with a car like that it obviously didn't qualify last on bad pace, so probably didn't need the big pit stop boost.

Anyways, here's a gallery from the few hours I spent at the track: http://grangerdesign.com/?p=81
Old 4 Apr 2014, 00:00 (Ref:3388492)   #75
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
??
Muscat was fastest (clearly) all weekend, so the result was nothing other than what should have happened