Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Dec 2004, 03:24 (Ref:1179703)   #26
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 6 is such a nice car to drive am looking forward to the hot new engine in the M6. Will be interesting to see it as a race car I think it may be very quick especially as I have heard that the V10 car easily be made to produce over 650 horse power now that is some serious speed
Old 15 Dec 2004, 13:09 (Ref:1179984)   #27
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktsax
yeah the road version of the M6 looks very nice, i'm sure the race version will look a lot better. i also read what theissen said about needing rule breaks well he said the M6 coupe was heavy. well i would just have to say they could get the M6 down to the minimum weight without rule breaks. the ferrari 575 in road trim is nearly 3900 pounds, the aston martin DB9 in road trim is also close to 4000 pounds and those companies got the cars to the minimum weight without rule breaks. they can use lcarbon fiber body panels of course they'd take out the rear seats, use a lighterweight tranny strip the interirio etc etc etc. i think BMW dicks around too much. if u want to go GT racing then u need to build a road car that is easier to modify to the rules.
Yes, if they can make the car competitive within the rules then fine. If they can't, tough.

I bet the M6 is an unbelievable road car (first one wasn't too bad!), though I still can't make up my mind about Bangle's styling. It tends to get better the meetier the car.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 15:03 (Ref:1180147)   #28
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
The photo's withhout the Flash movie:

[source: BMW]

I don't like the rear "wing".
Cripes, that trunk (boot) does look like a wing! That's exactly what I hate about the current 5- and 7-series.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 15 Dec 2004, 15:17 (Ref:1180171)   #29
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only area I dislike are the "strange" looking upswept eyebrows.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 15:26 (Ref:1180191)   #30
Jeffrey-Lee
Racer

Jeffrey-Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks perfect imo, works very well in real life as with most new Bimmers. The complex surfacing is more in its element there than in a studio.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 17:53 (Ref:1180342)   #31
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
More pics of the M6
Old 16 Dec 2004, 05:57 (Ref:1180746)   #32
slicktsax
Racer

slicktsax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well i'm sure BMW is more than capable of making the M6 a racer to the current rules, whether they actually want to spend the money to do so is a different story
Old 16 Dec 2004, 08:39 (Ref:1180811)   #33
mikmx
Racer

Netherlands
rotterdam
mikmx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the wheels a lot. Bangle styling sucks although this car looks a lot better than the regular 6 series. Hope to see and hear the race car in 2006
Old 16 Dec 2004, 10:51 (Ref:1180927)   #34
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
marcush. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good idea to race these awfully looking cars ..
I´m sure mrs Müller &Müller have their own redesign ideas....Mr bangle will sure learn something about complex surface treatment .This will be the first time
a racecar comes home looking better than before the race....
Old 20 Dec 2004, 13:32 (Ref:1183930)   #35
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who would have "that" M6GTR artist impression pic handy?
Old 20 Dec 2004, 14:07 (Ref:1183956)   #36
Jeffrey-Lee
Racer

Jeffrey-Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bashing BMW design is quite popular isn't it?
Old 20 Dec 2004, 17:45 (Ref:1184161)   #37
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not with me. I like the new stylings, perhaps the 7 was a bit overdone but I love the 5-series, 1-series, 6-series and new 3-series. They're not very keen on the pictures, but once you see them in real life you see that all those weird lines and curves come together nicely. My 0.02€
Old 20 Dec 2004, 17:50 (Ref:1184166)   #38
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Nope, can't agree - several of the current designs have very obvious bruising where they've taken a real beating from the ugly stick.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 19:57 (Ref:1184278)   #39
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I saw a current 645 the other day, and from the rear axle forward it'll make a fine looking race car.

They should graft the back of a C6 onto it.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 15 Sep 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1710903)   #40
ChironWSC
Rookie

United Kingdom
Worcester UK
ChironWSC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M6 GTR Still alive?

It’s been along time since this thread was started with the M6 GTR due to make an appearance in 2007 which is fast approaching is there any news on the project or has it died? I am wondering why they would bring out the M6 GTR when the Z4M has only just had its first race last week. Any one got any news views?
Old 15 Sep 2006, 14:06 (Ref:1711103)   #41
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As far as I lnow there was never an M6 GTR to start with.

But there will apparently be an M3 GTR in 2008.
Old 15 Sep 2006, 15:39 (Ref:1711165)   #42
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
well now that the 6 series is hologated all we need to do is wait for BMW to develop a racing M6. will be son cool to here it's screaming 5 liter V10 fly by against the 6 liter V12's of the maserati, aston martin, ferraris and lambos, and the 7 liter rumbling V8's of the vettes and saleens. on another interesting note i was reading the latest Road and TRack Mag and there i saw from piictures at a car show a new Viper Coupe for teh road. i find this interesting as do recall the last time Chrylser introduced a coupe version of teh previous viper. last time they introduced a coupe they made a race car out of it. could this lead the way for a new generation viper GT1 car, only time will tell and i do hope they make it
Actually,there are quite few racing closed coupe Vipers of the latest model around allready. Take a look in the new FIA-GT3 class for instance. A few ran during the Spa 24hrs as well. Nice looking cars,but a pale succesor to the original GTS-R(not surprising if you know it was drawn by the itallians).
I too am looking forward to the sweet noise which this new beemer with it's V10 will produce. There's a great vid at streetfire where you see and hear a Carrera GT with open exhausts wailing like a LM car....
Old 15 Sep 2006, 19:07 (Ref:1711314)   #43
slicktsax
Racer

slicktsax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well i know about the GT3 spec cars of the new vipers but those are competitions coupes which debuted at the end of 2003 in the speed world challenge gt series. i was talking about chrysler making a GT1 spec car. in my opinion that would help with marketing the viper or srt-10 in europe. nothing says better car then saying u beat the vettes and aston martins in a head to head to head battle. plus it would make some really good racing action.
Old 15 Sep 2006, 19:57 (Ref:1711349)   #44
ChironWSC
Rookie

United Kingdom
Worcester UK
ChironWSC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M6 Gtr

One of the posts mentioned that the 6 series was homologated. I looked on the FIA site and there is no sign of it as being so mainly 3 series cars that are homologated? Am i looking in the wrong place?
It doesnt look like we will be seeing an M6 GTR from BMW in 2007!!!!!
Old 24 Sep 2006, 22:49 (Ref:1717987)   #45
sportscarsRULE
Racer

United States
Bristol, TN
sportscarsRULE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
well i'm sure BMW is more than capable of making the M6 a racer to the current rules, whether they actually want to spend the money to do so is a different story
Really, I bet the F1 program looms largely in the check book.
Old 26 Sep 2006, 14:14 (Ref:1720375)   #46
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think the M6 just isn't the car to do it. When BMW deliver their next car for grown-up, rich boyracers, then I guess we might see a GT1 contender. Something like the rumoured Z10, or the Z8 successor. Would be a weird move, but in turn a coupe version of the Z6 would be very nice if it looked anythin like that: http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/...-in-the-works/

I actually wouldn't mind having the two Müllers take a stab at the LMS in an M10 coupe with some customer chassis being raced in the FIA GT. Their V10 should be good for something.

Last edited by Satorian; 26 Sep 2006 at 14:22.
Old 25 Jul 2007, 22:30 (Ref:1973480)   #47
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
With all the talk about the future of GT1, I think it's time revive this thread. I was stuck in traffic today and next to me was a black M6 and it got my head spinning with ideas It could be a great GT1 car I think.
Old 25 Jul 2007, 22:33 (Ref:1973485)   #48
juicy sushi
Racer

juicy sushi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i seem to remember dr. mario saying point blank they wanted guarantees of being able to competitively run it in north america before they'd even consider it. and that was 2 years ago...
Old 25 Jul 2007, 22:42 (Ref:1973488)   #49
porsche45
Racer

United States
porsche45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy sushi
i seem to remember dr. mario saying point blank they wanted guarantees of being able to competitively run it in north america before they'd even consider it. and that was 2 years ago...
So, without i-drive?!
Old 26 Jul 2007, 00:26 (Ref:1973527)   #50
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it'd be better to go M5, cause that'd be different. But slower, so maybe i should shut up and go back to M6. It would be nice.