Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 Jun 2007, 08:19 (Ref:1931002)   #51
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestrep
what is the point of a good series sponsor if you cant complete an event because you cant do a lap of (an admitedly) very wet track !!!!.
You couldn't have done a proper lap on any sort of tyre - the main problem was the sheer volume of standing water. The puddle at Chessons would have demolished the front bumper of just about anything that hit it at speed. Add to that the appalling visibility for anyone other than the leader and you had a situation that was just plain dangerous. That was not tyre related - I've seen circuit meetings cancelled at Lydden for the same reason - everyone was on wets (of their own choice of tyre brand) but it was still deemed too dangerous.

The Khumos don't have the grip of the Avons (and not allowing people to cut their own tread patterns is odd) but they weren't to blame for the stoppage - sometimes the weather wins, it just happens.
Old 7 Jun 2007, 19:21 (Ref:1931510)   #52
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Right - this has got waaay off topic now so I've split out the BRDA/BTRDA classes discussion from the Lydden stuff. It's worth talking about so it deserves its own thread:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97297

I've tried to split up the posts as best I can - there may be the odd post that looks waaaay out of place and for that I apologise but it was quite awkward to split out. There are some posts that didn't fit in either thread comfortably and these have gone (including some of my own!)

Lydden stuff only in this thread please

Last edited by BertMk2; 7 Jun 2007 at 20:03.
Old 7 Jun 2007, 22:08 (Ref:1931755)   #53
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Right - this has got waaay off topic now so I've split out the BRDA/BTRDA classes discussion from the Lydden stuff. It's worth talking about so it deserves its own thread:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97297

I've tried to split up the posts as best I can - there may be the odd post that looks waaaay out of place and for that I apologise but it was quite awkward to split out. There are some posts that didn't fit in either thread comfortably and these have gone (including some of my own!)

Lydden stuff only in this thread please
Good Work looks impressive

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 21 Jun 2007, 14:08 (Ref:1943405)   #54
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have heard that results have been dropped from this round. Is this true ?
Old 21 Jun 2007, 19:00 (Ref:1943589)   #55
shhh
Veteran

Ireland
shhh has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundy Mooney
Have heard that results have been dropped from this round. Is this true ?
SURE IS!
Old 22 Jun 2007, 08:35 (Ref:1943999)   #56
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why ?
Old 22 Jun 2007, 19:25 (Ref:1944517)   #57
TWIGLET
Racer

TWIGLET should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The MSA results have been dropped. They couldn't be calculated as none of the finals had taken place.
The BRDA points were awarded as 3 heats were completed and the points given on qualifying positions.