Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Oct 2002, 08:52 (Ref:400978)   #26
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seton 5 - As I explained before - they have to get approval from *every* team running to use the old car.

Obviously there are some (or just 1???) that don't want them to run.
Old 11 Oct 2002, 09:05 (Ref:400984)   #27
RaceTime
Veteran

See seperate thread with full story in....
Old 11 Oct 2002, 09:05 (Ref:400985)   #28
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You've got to wonder how many more teams will give Gardner a chance. I feel sorry for Besnard as he had a real good shot at winning the race only to have some over rated ex Bike Racer ruin it for him before the start.
Old 11 Oct 2002, 09:35 (Ref:401002)   #29
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A little bit rough on Gardner guys, on his talent i hasten to add not his personality. 2000 pole setter and clear run away leader in the early stages of the race. Is he brilliant, certainly not. But he is not a complete fool either. Apparently it was a "accident".
Old 11 Oct 2002, 11:33 (Ref:401024)   #30
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Huge shame, certainly Gardner doesnt have to accept the blame, just pure luck the car broke at that part of the track...looked like a big one, how smashed up was that car!?
Old 11 Oct 2002, 11:35 (Ref:401026)   #31
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you mean pure BAD luck - DNQ
Old 11 Oct 2002, 11:40 (Ref:401032)   #32
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think your right Timmy, bad luck.
Old 11 Oct 2002, 11:45 (Ref:401039)   #33
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Met the guy in his coke commodore days and a few times since , cant say I like his personality but he doens t like mine either. He has some talent and its a shame to see this happen to anyone regardless of who they are or what you think of him, just grateful his still able to live and celebrate his next Birthday
Old 11 Oct 2002, 17:38 (Ref:401281)   #34
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jetsetter
only to have some over rated ex Bike Racer ruin it for him before the start.
If he can race competitivly in JGTC, surely he must have some sort of talent, or is that just luck?

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 11 Oct 2002, 20:42 (Ref:401417)   #35
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spoke to noe of the Havoline crew yesterday and got the story on what happenend. They have a switch in the car which is mounted under the drivers seat the protrudes forward by about an inch for when they are doing a pad change. This switch blockes the front brakes so it is easier to get the pads out. When Wayne has gotten into the car he has somehow managed to to hit this switch and turn the front brakes off. Theswitch has been in the same spot last year and this year and no one else has managed to do this.. So wayne has left the pits and gone up mountian straight and had a go at the brakes and all he got was rears. The computer readout shows him have 3 goes at the brakes and the line for the fronts didnt move.

The roll cage in the car is broken in at least 5 places. The floor looks like a crumpled peice of paper, the seat was broken. The dash was broken in 2 places. They had to cut the left rear wheel off the car as the wishbone was punched thru the tyre and rim. None of the doors are useable.Even the air jacks on the car were stuffed.
The team now have 8 days to build an unpainted shell that they have in the workshop. Some of the team have already left to go and start work

Aslo from another team member...... we were all hoping the wayne wouldnt be able to make it, so simon (wills) could stay in the team, gardner is just a pain in the arse to work with and tells you nothing, where simon was a great guy to work with....

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 11 Oct 2002, 21:00 (Ref:401429)   #36
Gunslinger
Racer

Gunslinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Aslo from another team member...... we were all hoping the wayne wouldnt be able to make it, so simon (wills) could stay in the team, gardner is just a pain in the arse to work with and tells you nothing, where simon was a great guy to work with..
Yeah even in his bike days he was a ar#ehole. Give it up Wayne. Gotta feel for Besnard and the Stone bros. All the years i've been watching the Aussie series, and in particular the in car shots, what is the first thing you see a driver do on a out lap? You got it. TEST THE GOD-DAMN BRAKES MAN!!!!
Old 11 Oct 2002, 21:01 (Ref:401430)   #37
Gunslinger
Racer

What do trucks and race-cars have in common?
Old 11 Oct 2002, 23:56 (Ref:401573)   #38
Flaggie
Racer

Flaggie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also makes you wonder whether they could maybe move the switch somewhere where that wouldn't happen.

And as for testing the brakes, he's just got in a car, presumably Besnard has said all was fine, so why would you even think to test the brakes?

Not a huge Gardner fan. He is a boorish pig at the best of times, but this one is just a flat out accident. Cant really blame him for this one.
Old 12 Oct 2002, 00:14 (Ref:401588)   #39
Gunslinger
Racer

Hi Flaggie, i don't know but every incar shot i've seen (looking at the pedals) have shown the driver checking the brake pedal on exit from pitlane. And also halfway down a straight. Makes sense to me and we would've had a top Ford still in the race. Gotta admit it, Gardner must be pretty embaressed?
Old 12 Oct 2002, 03:59 (Ref:401681)   #40
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I must say that Wills seemed very happy and approachable in the 500.

I thought that they had an option on the Mundy car, to get that back in case there was any dramas...
Old 12 Oct 2002, 04:03 (Ref:401685)   #41
Flaggie
Racer

Flaggie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Possibly, Who knows. Even if he did test em at low speed in pit lane, he might have missed the fact they were working all that well cause at low speed the backs would have provided enough force to stop the car....

Crashy, they probably do, but to do it they would need permission from every other competitor to do it. One says no and ya cant do it.

The word on the Bingle: As us Flaggies tend to say: "It aint gonna buff out....."
Old 12 Oct 2002, 04:08 (Ref:401690)   #42
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nono, I mean to get the Mundy car back for the Gold Coast.
Old 12 Oct 2002, 05:46 (Ref:401763)   #43
RaceTime
Veteran

One team said no - no guessing which one it was.....