Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Feb 2012, 01:43 (Ref:3027398)   #526
Somatosis
Rookie

Australia
Somatosis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
Isn't that just an AMR-One with a new paint job? Let's hope Henri is a little more ambitious!
Sure looks like an AMR-One. I just assumed someone was playing around with colour schemes while the bodywork remains under development. I'm personally hoping for something more like the one lms pointed out - http://sportscargeek.files.wordpress...agys_62138.jpg

Quote:
I don't think Henri will be running the world's fastest refrigerator even if the tub is the same.
Surely a real refrigerator with dolly wheels wearing a wardrobe door could potentially lay claim to being the world's fastest... if not then perhaps the one found to be still running 5 minutes after you last looked.
Old 18 Feb 2012, 01:59 (Ref:3027402)   #527
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somatosis View Post
Surely a real refrigerator with dolly wheels wearing a wardrobe door could potentially lay claim to being the world's fastest... if not then perhaps the one found to be still running 5 minutes after you last looked.
Yes, that is probably true. Unfortunately for AMR, if you asked them if their refrigerator is running, the answer is usually "no!" Dave Richards must think that they have a moldy tuna sandwich in that non-functional refrigerator because he claims Audi and Peugeot are running scared from it. Hmm. Maybe Peugeot's withdrawal makes sense now.
Old 18 Feb 2012, 03:18 (Ref:3027416)   #528
Somatosis
Rookie

Australia
Somatosis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, that is probably true. Unfortunately for AMR, if you asked them if their refrigerator is running, the answer is usually "no!"
Your definition of 'usually' is very kind!

Quote:
Dave Richards must think that they have a moldy tuna sandwich in that non-functional refrigerator because he claims Audi and Peugeot are running scared from it. Hmm. Maybe Peugeot's withdrawal makes sense now.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 12:40 (Ref:3028355)   #529
XJR14/WSC95
Racer

XJR14/WSC95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These are the basic colours of the team that I'd like to see return.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/pic/1...Peugeot_1.html
Old 20 Feb 2012, 15:23 (Ref:3028404)   #530
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJR14/WSC95 View Post
These are the basic colours of the team that I'd like to see return.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/pic/1...Peugeot_1.html
What is André de Cortanze doing nowadays? Pescarolo/Dome designed by the same guy who did the GT-One and Pescarolo C60 against Toyota would be a rather interesting idea...

Instead update after checking wikipedia: He is already the technical director at Pescarolo's....
Old 20 Feb 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3028469)   #531
96290_
Rookie

96290_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It says Autosvision Pescarolo will go to Sebring but Autovision are not with them, Pesca say they have new sponsors that will be announced soon.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 19:58 (Ref:3028536)   #532
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96290_ View Post
It says Autosvision Pescarolo will go to Sebring but Autovision are not with them, Pesca say they have new sponsors that will be announced soon.
Can't imagine it's too difficult to find sponsors if you are Mr. Pescarolo, that's truly great news!
Old 20 Feb 2012, 22:22 (Ref:3028613)   #533
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlBD View Post
Can't imagine it's too difficult to find sponsors if you are Mr. Pescarolo, that's truly great news!
after 2009 unfortunately mr. pescarolo is not the most trusted person if we talk about economy. However don't worry, if he didn't find a sponsor already in late 2011, he wouldn't keep on the project of 03, so he's backed somehow
Old 20 Feb 2012, 22:24 (Ref:3028615)   #534
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
after 2009 unfortunately mr. pescarolo is not the most trusted person if we talk about economy. However don't worry, if he didn't find a sponsor already in late 2011, he wouldn't keep on the project of 03, so he's backed somehow
Wasn't there a rumor that Pescarolo was receiving money/sponsorship from the local government and the ACO? Perhaps that is in addition to other commercial programs, but I'm not sure.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3028618)   #535
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in my opinion when pescarolo talked about help from aco, he was talking about the obtained waiver to run with the grandfathered 01 evo at sebring. He is unprobable that aco decides to help financially a team.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 23:25 (Ref:3028634)   #536
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Not the ACO , but the local council . Sarthe is the local government I think . He has that on his car , as did Courage .

I hear he might have a hybrid Judd ?
Old 21 Feb 2012, 02:17 (Ref:3028665)   #537
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I hear he might have a hybrid Judd ?
...at some point. There was talk that the new car will be able to be fitted with a hybrid system, but I don't think we'll see that before the last few races, if at all in 2012.
Old 21 Feb 2012, 10:26 (Ref:3028789)   #538
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder if Playstation are still wanting to get back onto an LMP1 for this year's event?

Obviously they have the Signatech coverage and maybe something with Ordenez/Greaves but I'm sure Henri has been on the phone to them.

My bet is they would be holding out for another manufacturer so if Nissan were to step up that would be a dream scenario for them.
Old 21 Feb 2012, 11:01 (Ref:3028805)   #539
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I wonder if Playstation are still wanting to get back onto an LMP1 for this year's event?

Obviously they have the Signatech coverage and maybe something with Ordenez/Greaves but I'm sure Henri has been on the phone to them.

My bet is they would be holding out for another manufacturer so if Nissan were to step up that would be a dream scenario for them.
A playstation livered Dome/Pescarolo is very likely in my mind. Playstation and Pescarolo have teamed up before, so now would be a good time for them to do it again, until something new comes by.
Old 21 Feb 2012, 12:26 (Ref:3028849)   #540
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Only problem is that Sony France and Polyphony Digital seem to be willing to back any French driver or team with a shot at success; they've sponsored Oreca, Pescarolo and Peugeot at various times, and they also sponsor several drivers with the PlayStation/Gran Turismo sponsorship. Sebastien Loeb is heavily backed with Playstation/GT5 sponsorship, and they also sponsored Benoît Tréluyer at LM last year when he drove (and won) with Audi.

And considering that Oreca is teamed with Toyota Motorsport GmbH/Toyota Racing on the TS030 Hybrid, I wouldn't be surprised if Oreca/TMG get the Playstation/GT5 sponsorship because of TMG's Japanese/German origins and the team's ties to Oreca, nor would I be surprised if they even have some sponsorship role with Audi, as they have a couple of French drivers on the team (Treluyer and Dumas), and that the R18's in recent testing photos (namely the photo from the Abu Dhabi test) have altered sponsorship placement though they retained the same sponsors as last year (Tag Heuer, Castrol, Bosch, etc), which means a big paint scheme change, or the addition of a TBA sponsor.

In LMP1, there are several options for Sony France, and Sony as a whole, but until we see final paint schemes, we probably won't know, but it seems that Pescarolo, and even Toyota and Audi may have some sponsor cards up their sleeves.

Last edited by chernaudi; 21 Feb 2012 at 12:32.
Old 21 Feb 2012, 14:34 (Ref:3028927)   #541
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
http://www.lemans.org/fr/actualites/...rolo_6258.html

Video from the Dome in the Pescarolo Workshop.
Old 21 Feb 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3028941)   #542
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the looks of the video, the Dome sent has 2008 stickers- old car. Hopefully Dome has updated the car more than just sticking a BHF and cutting BHHs on the S102.5.
Old 21 Feb 2012, 19:27 (Ref:3029071)   #543
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
From the looks of the video, the Dome sent has 2008 stickers- old car. Hopefully Dome has updated the car more than just sticking a BHF and cutting BHHs on the S102.5.
Parts are in Japan being tested in the windtunnel and then built. Their first race is in what, 3 months? They'll probably shake the car down with non-final bodywork, just Toyota and many others.
Old 23 Feb 2012, 22:41 (Ref:3030113)   #544
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Speculation:

Looks great to me, even though I hate the look of high-nosed cars.
Old 23 Feb 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3030114)   #545
AGD
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Speculation:
Like I said earlier, I think that is just an AMR-One with someone throwing self-made designs on them.
Old 23 Feb 2012, 22:51 (Ref:3030120)   #546
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Of course it is. I have a suspicion, that 'someone' is the people behind http://www.endurance-crea.com/ who (I think) did Luc Alphand's 2011 livery.
Old 23 Feb 2012, 23:03 (Ref:3030125)   #547
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I cant see that car looking like that after some serious aero work .
Old 23 Feb 2012, 23:14 (Ref:3030131)   #548
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Of course it is. I have a suspicion, that 'someone' is the people behind http://www.endurance-crea.com/ who (I think) did Luc Alphand's 2011 livery.
Welter Racing's, too! Both were quite excellent that year
Old 24 Feb 2012, 06:26 (Ref:3030206)   #549
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They're using the chassis, not the bodywork. That body looks dated, and probably is. We'll see soon.
Old 24 Feb 2012, 06:51 (Ref:3030216)   #550
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Funny how this Matra (Hill-Pescarolo), looks more like an Aston Martin than the AMR-One

It's a great color scheme, I hope Henri returns to it.