Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 4 Aug 2012, 11:43 (Ref:3115931)   #51
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Just been parked outside a house where a wedding party were about to leave in a stretched Chrysler 300C. The front reg plate read "Leona & Gavin". There was no sign of the car's official registration plate in the window or dashboard.

It was on a public highway. Why oh why do they think it's OK to do it?

Signed, Old Curmudgeon.
Old 4 Aug 2012, 11:47 (Ref:3115933)   #52
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Leona and Gavin.

The 2010s equivalent to Wayne and Tracey.
Old 4 Aug 2012, 11:51 (Ref:3115937)   #53
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Leona and Gavin.

The 2010s equivalent to Wayne and Tracey.
(if we're being snobs) - Actually it was about the sinkest of sink estates in the town, so you're very close. Still, if they pay the bills. (I am a partner in the bridalwear shop that sold the dress). Cash is cash.
Old 4 Aug 2012, 11:58 (Ref:3115939)   #54
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It would be churlish to disrespect da bling if one is set to profit from it.
Old 4 Aug 2012, 12:10 (Ref:3115944)   #55
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
Quote:
It would be churlish to disrespect da bling if one is set to profit from it.
Yeah, sick innit?

(The car was from ExoticLimos or some such - the chaffeur may well have been a bodybuilder/club bouncer with a pit-bull called Tyson. Class.)
Old 4 Aug 2012, 12:13 (Ref:3115945)   #56
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
I'm assuming it was white rather than pink.

(Leona and her posse no doubt had the pink one for her hen party.)
Old 4 Aug 2012, 13:03 (Ref:3115961)   #57
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
Quote:
I'm assuming it was white rather than pink.

(Leona and her posse no doubt had the pink one for her hen party.)
whiter than a white thing which had been steeped in bleach for 2 years and then left on a rock in the Galapagos Islands for use as a repository for guano.
Old 5 Aug 2012, 09:06 (Ref:3116250)   #58
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
(if we're being snobs) - Actually it was about the sinkest of sink estates in the town, so you're very close. Still, if they pay the bills. (I am a partner in the bridalwear shop that sold the dress). Cash is cash.
I hope they don't read 10/10ths
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Aug 2012, 09:55 (Ref:3116259)   #59
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Merde!
Old 6 Aug 2012, 11:28 (Ref:3116606)   #60
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Why, it's not as if she's likely to need another wedding dress soon, hopefully
Old 6 Aug 2012, 11:39 (Ref:3116613)   #61
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Why, it's not as if she's likely to need another wedding dress soon, hopefully
You'ld be surprised how often they change their mind before the dress arrives from the makers. Women, don't you just love 'em?
Old 9 Dec 2012, 07:55 (Ref:3176739)   #62
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I remember Steve Parrish had the reg no PEN 1S, I don't know if he still has it ?
Only just found this thread so sorry to drag it up again, Steve also had a plate for his wife Kim's car. UPK 1M,obviously the K had been moved.

Magnatron,thought you have liked the plate I saw yesterday? AUD 1.
Old 9 Dec 2012, 10:43 (Ref:3176753)   #63
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Magnatron,thought you have liked the plate I saw yesterday? AUD 1.
I want MYA 580 for mine... MY ASBO
Old 1 Jan 2013, 07:00 (Ref:3183477)   #64
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They figured out what the bag of lollipops was for then?
Old 1 Jan 2013, 14:23 (Ref:3183555)   #65
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Back in the early to mid 70s I had a customer in my village that was big (at the time) in the pop world with loads of cars and both PM1 and PM2 registration numbers that were swapped around when new cars were brought.
However substance abuse seemed to rear its ugly head and I think the numbers were sold on.
I wonder what sort of money they would fetch now if they were for sale ?
Can anyone on the south coast tell me if a certain superstar has PM1 now ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Jan 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3183557)   #66
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
Quote:
Back in the early to mid 70s I had a customer in my village that was big (at the time) in the pop world with loads of cars and both PM1 and PM2 registration numbers that were swapped around when new cars were brought.
However substance abuse seemed to rear its ugly head and I think the numbers were sold on.
I wonder what sort of money they would fetch now if they were for sale ?
Can anyone on the south coast tell me if a certain superstar has PM1 now ?
Now you're asking for it - all and sundry will be trying to work out the owner's name. Doubt if it' s Paul McCartney.
Old 1 Jan 2013, 14:54 (Ref:3183559)   #67
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
Now you're asking for it - all and sundry will be trying to work out the owner's name. Doubt if it' s Paul McCartney.
No it wasn't him at the time, the guy may still have them but I think they were sold on .
To avoid any litigation I wont reveal who it was but a clever use of the internet and a little local knowledge will come up with the owner at that time.