Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Nov 2010, 01:32 (Ref:2791943)   #1
manwell
Racer

manwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What should Red Bull do with Ricciardo

The guys got great potential.
Quickest in the young driver test with a time that would have put him 3rd on the grid in the final race.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88335
Yes there is talk the track has rubbered in a bit more, but he also wasnt on qualifying fuel loads and hasnt driven the car since god knows when due to the testing bans. So not bad for a guy whos only driven the car once or twice this year. Imagine how he'd go with a little more running time.

Do Red Bull keep him as reserve driver for another year and slot him in when Webber comes off contract at the end of 2011?
Or do they try and offload him to Lotus for 2011 who are using the same Renault engines and Red Bulls gearbox and hydraulic systems next year then bring him back into Red Bull for 2012?
I think Torro Rosso has their driver line-up locked in already dont they?
Old 17 Nov 2010, 02:01 (Ref:2791950)   #2
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he at least needs a hard look at one of the STR seats or since RBR are farming out rear ends to Lotus next year then maybe look at benching Trulli and giving him some race miles for 12-24 months pending Webbers move.

Would be a big thing for RBR to have two RBR Jr developments drivers doing well in the big game
Old 17 Nov 2010, 03:14 (Ref:2791960)   #3
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Like I mentioned in the top 10 driver's thread... best bet for Red Bull would be to drop Buemi. Uninspiring driver that's never going to be more than 'solid' (if that). Time to bring in (hopefully) the next Vettel for Red Bull.

Let Daniel and Jaime duke it out to the death at STR in 2011 for Webber's possible seat at RBR in 2012.
Old 17 Nov 2010, 03:22 (Ref:2791961)   #4
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been a fan of buemi since he was the one topping the timesheets driving the RBR at the junior test days a few seasons back. I felt he had somewhat of an immediate affinity with an f1 car and would do well in f1, but he hasnt really come along this season as was hoped. I'm not sure i see that much potential in him anymore to be a better driver than, say, a liuzzi.

So even though he has a contract for next year, i would be replacing buemi with ricciardo, who seems ready for a berth.

With regards to lotus: if i was ricciardo's manager i would be hesitant to put him in a drive at lotus, as i dont see it as being much of a career move - fighting with other quality drivers 3 or 4 seconds off the pace. For example i dont think glock or heikki have raised their stock this season.
Old 17 Nov 2010, 04:19 (Ref:2791965)   #5
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketracer View Post
I've been a fan of buemi since he was the one topping the timesheets driving the RBR at the junior test days a few seasons back. I felt he had somewhat of an immediate affinity with an f1 car and would do well in f1, but he hasnt really come along this season as was hoped. I'm not sure i see that much potential in him anymore to be a better driver than, say, a liuzzi.

So even though he has a contract for next year, i would be replacing buemi with ricciardo, who seems ready for a berth.

With regards to lotus: if i was ricciardo's manager i would be hesitant to put him in a drive at lotus, as i dont see it as being much of a career move - fighting with other quality drivers 3 or 4 seconds off the pace. For example i dont think glock or heikki have raised their stock this season.
Some people don't agree with that as I have heard a number say Glock and Kovy both did really well considering the equuipment they had.
I think the equipment at STR needs to be better....one reason why I am not against customer cars.... and I think really that STR withouit major investment and a faster car technically could do much better.

RBR should be doing all it can to assist the two STR drivers, but the whole team seems flat.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 02:01 (Ref:2792402)   #6
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Like I mentioned in the top 10 driver's thread... best bet for Red Bull would be to drop Buemi. Uninspiring driver that's never going to be more than 'solid' (if that). Time to bring in (hopefully) the next Vettel for Red Bull.

Let Daniel and Jaime duke it out to the death at STR in 2011 for Webber's possible seat at RBR in 2012.
Sounds like a plan. But I would drop both and install Rick and that Russian who just won the WRS beating no less Rick and was impressive as well a couple of days ago.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 02:20 (Ref:2792406)   #7
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would put Daniel in RBR for 2011 and pay Webber to leave RBR.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 03:39 (Ref:2792424)   #8
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosAmbroseFan View Post
I would put Daniel in RBR for 2011 and pay Webber to leave RBR.
You cannot go past Webbers experience and Ricciardo would be a big risk for RBR. Besides Webber is not that slow. If he was he wouldn't have won 4GP's and been in the hunt for at least another 2.

I'd want to test ricciardo with a year in GP2 before handing him the job at RBR, and then only after a back to back with Jamie A at the end of the year.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 05:29 (Ref:2792435)   #9
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
STR along side Alg or Beumi..Both are fairly bland..see how he goes against them, then RBR when Mark leaves...that'd be nice
Old 18 Nov 2010, 07:10 (Ref:2792457)   #10
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The guys got great potential.
The most famous saying in motorsport.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 10:30 (Ref:2792531)   #11
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
Sounds like a plan. But I would drop both and install Rick and that Russian who just won the WRS beating no less Rick and was impressive as well a couple of days ago.
I wouldn't look at Aleshin too seriously; like Maldonado, he only won by having more experience than any other driver category.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 11:16 (Ref:2792546)   #12
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ricciardo looks like a genuinely exciting prospect if and when he breaks into F1.

After all, the Aussies need someone to love and the Brits need someone from Australia to hate!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 18 Nov 2010, 11:29 (Ref:2792552)   #13
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
He's going to have some internal Red Bull competition when Jean-Eric Vergne arrives on the scene.

This year's British F3 champion by a country mile and already a race winner in Renault 3.5, he's been testing for Toro Rosso this week.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 11:31 (Ref:2792555)   #14
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
After all, the Aussies need someone to love and the Brits need someone from Australia to hate!
I think Ricciardo would be popular with fans from all nations. He's very charismatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
He's going to have some internal Red Bull competition when Jean-Eric Vergne arrives on the scene.

This year's British F3 champion by a country mile and already a race winner in Renault 3.5, he's been testing for Toro Rosso this week.
It'd be good to have a quick Frenchman in F1. Even if he is another JV!
Old 18 Nov 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2792575)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not another JV, please... the forum can't handle it.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 12:15 (Ref:2792576)   #16
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
He's usually known as JEV, if that helps.