Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 14 Mar 2007, 13:32 (Ref:1866447)   #26
jonners
Racer

jonners should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w
I don't know who owns it, but theres a gobsmackingly gorgeous original Jag E Type coupe in Sliver going around the hills. Probably the only E-type that looks as good on close inspection as it does from a distance.
That's Nick Thompson - drives it like he stole it which is marvellous.

Don't know him - we're in different classes but a beautiful car. Rumour is that he's bought a Chevron.

For me the best looking hillclimb/sprint cars are the ones that show the patina of competition and frequent care and attention. Which explains why our car is so shabby...

...seriously though, looking at, say, Jonathan Williamson's 911 war horse that has won numerous events and is always the car to beat floats my boat more than most immaculate cars.

If it's too immaculate all the character seems to have been polished out...

As for weapons that are things of beauty in themselves, love the Wights' Predator, Groves' shade of yellow and Mike Dean's colour scheme.

All time no 1?? Auto Union with twin wheels at the rear. But don't suppose many were competing last year...
Old 14 Mar 2007, 14:40 (Ref:1866469)   #27
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonners
All time no 1?? Auto Union with twin wheels at the rear. But don't suppose many were competing last year...

There was one at Goodwood......

We fished it out of the straw bales along with a very embaressed Alan McNish
Old 14 Mar 2007, 16:39 (Ref:1866546)   #28
bentimingstrut
Rookie

Slovakia
bentimingstrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about the little white Mallock /Suzuki. Stunning little car and very light.
Old 14 Mar 2007, 19:13 (Ref:1866646)   #29
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I had the Auto Union and the BRM at Bottom Ess at the Shelsley Cetenary. I usually prefer the modern stuff to historic. But I have to admit they had a surprising magnatism. They just had that undefinable "something".
Old 14 Mar 2007, 19:28 (Ref:1866662)   #30
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Click the link for a lovely picture. Sounds good, too.
Old 14 Mar 2007, 21:15 (Ref:1866750)   #31
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Click the link for a lovely picture. Sounds good, too.

Old Bendy.....

Lovely car.....
Old 15 Mar 2007, 10:08 (Ref:1867125)   #32
jonners
Racer

jonners should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that Russ Ward's car??
Old 15 Mar 2007, 10:20 (Ref:1867135)   #33
blackx
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonners
Is that Russ Ward's car??

It was
Old 15 Mar 2007, 13:42 (Ref:1867269)   #34
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackx
Old Bendy.....
Now to be known as Old Completely-rebuilt-and-riveted. I imagine not much bendy any more.
Old 15 Mar 2007, 14:05 (Ref:1867285)   #35
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I had a quick sit in it last year. Even the pedals, the steering linkage and throttle linkage were chromed and polished. A thing of true beauty. The care and attention paid to the rebuild made it a joy. When you sit in any kind of car, it's actual condition is given away by little things like play between components or little bits of tape hidden but not quite out of eye sight. On that car, none of that at all. Everything seemed to be deliberate, solid and engineered without compromise.

Last edited by b1ackcr0w; 15 Mar 2007 at 14:09.