Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Closed Thread

Old 28 Feb 2007, 09:36 (Ref:1853582)   #1
devon kev
Racer

Guernsey
MELBOURNE DERBY
devon kev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With that first top12 win still eluding moose maybe 2007 will be the season for him ?
Old 28 Feb 2007, 13:36 (Ref:1853787)   #2
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by devon kev
With that first top12 win still eluding moose maybe 2007 will be the season for him ?
Tell him to get his finger out! It is about time the Orange One notched that first Run-Off victory! I thought he had a chance at Wiscombe back in July but his enthusiasm got the better of him!

Old 28 Feb 2007, 16:47 (Ref:1853894)   #3
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I'm beggining to wonder if the way forward for Mike is to start sharing the car?

Look at all the dominant or seriously quick cars from the last few years, they've all been shared drives (Coventry/Mason, Morans, Woody & Roger, Jnr & Snr, Ranson/Groves). I don't know why that should be. I can take a guess that it's either more track time & telemetry having an influence, or just having somebody to bounce ideas about setup off.

But the fact remains that car and engine package should have a win under the belt by now.
Old 28 Feb 2007, 17:34 (Ref:1853914)   #4
mcb666
Racer

mcb666 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suggested he share his Gould with Willem

when Willem was looking for a car earlier this year.

He didn't think it was a pactical solution....

I think he made the same two worded comment that he said to Willem after Willem offered him a drive in the turbo after Mike's off at lotton in the early part of last year.

Second word was 'OFF'.

Mike will get his first win this year. The onboards have shown him several times to be faster than all the others, but then not getting the whole run fast enough.

Were rootin' for the Moose for a win.
McB.
Old 28 Feb 2007, 22:42 (Ref:1854143)   #5
lifeof
Rookie

lifeof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my opinion he will be someone who always might but never will. The best that I can see him finishing is 5th or 6th.
Old 28 Feb 2007, 23:04 (Ref:1854169)   #6
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I think a lot of people thought the same about Micheal Schumacher when he came 5th at LeMans despite the backing of Mercedes. In the right car, it's surprising how some drivers can suddenly get in a groove and take a step up.

One thing that has definitely held Mike back is the transport failures (mainly ferry crossings and delays) he's been subjected to. Some of the nightmare journeys causing sleepless nights have undoutedly taken the edge off his performance.

Last edited by b1ackcr0w; 1 Mar 2007 at 10:46.
Old 1 Mar 2007, 20:48 (Ref:1854911)   #7
wight jr
Rookie

Scotland
up north
wight jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that he will win a round at some point. last year was not a good year for him, the year before was. Often there can be a lot going on that people dont see from the outside. I think that he will win his first round when he stops looking for it and just gets on with the driving. I know he can be fast and putting some of his runs together the times show that. hope its soon.
Old 2 Mar 2007, 07:35 (Ref:1855352)   #8
devon kev
Racer

Guernsey
MELBOURNE DERBY
devon kev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel Mike needs to get more track time with the car, perhaps entering a few of the Midland Rounds, I know the transport issue can be quite hard a bit of bad weather and Guernsey becomes stranded
Old 2 Mar 2007, 13:46 (Ref:1855569)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hope he does, and I hope he does it soon because it will take some pressure off him. To me it looks like he's driving around a car that's not quite got the perfect set up. I could be wrong, but it just doesn't appear quite as planted as the others. I have no doubt he has the speed in him (Richards stats prove that) if it's matched to the car under him. I'll be cheering for him if/when it happens.
Old 2 Mar 2007, 20:04 (Ref:1855779)   #10
webbo
Racer

England
Down South
webbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with jnr on this one, he's looking for it too much. Ive said to him on a few occasions relax and let it happen (easy for me to say i know not driving a big single seater). In practice with no pressure its clear to see he is quick enough. I'm not saying he chokes it or anything like that, what he actually does is think too much about it......and the other thing that really annoys me is that he is far to interested in everyone elses splits etc(which i have also told him). As a friend i have told him all this, but to be fair it is a difficult habit to get out of...........certainly easier said than done.
Old 3 Mar 2007, 14:33 (Ref:1857186)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well let him know we're all hoping for it, but there's no expectation or burden of pressure from us. Frankly, I think everyone that gets in the top 12 deserves an award anyway. The calibre of cars and drivers about at the moment is as high as it's ever been and anyone that gets a podium should be mighty proud of themselves. Not getting a win at the moment is certainly nothing to be ashamed of. It would be good to have another driver able to call himself a winner, though. Go for it Moose!
Old 10 Mar 2007, 15:03 (Ref:1863070)   #12
bentimingstrut
Rookie

Slovakia
bentimingstrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awards

Enough of these unlimited single seaters.Lets see an award for Simon Fidoe or Matt Harrison
Old 10 Mar 2007, 15:11 (Ref:1863078)   #13
wight jr
Rookie

Scotland
up north
wight jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don`t know what your on about mr bent, but i think they have already got awards for there efforts, class wins/ records.
Old 10 Mar 2007, 15:19 (Ref:1863086)   #14
bentimingstrut
Rookie

Slovakia
bentimingstrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jr,s Shelsley spin off!!

Cool as a cucumber and I quote"anyone got a ciggy?"
Old 12 Mar 2007, 10:28 (Ref:1864482)   #15
mcb666
Racer

mcb666 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Old 12 Mar 2007, 10:56 (Ref:1864509)   #16
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont know if he ever will...

He seems to talk himself out of it right at the last minute...

Practises really well.........Qualifies really well(mostly) then doesnt quite deliver...

I would really love to see him win one but I just cant see it