Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Jul 2015, 08:03 (Ref:3558129)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2016 Australian GT Championship

There isnt a thread for this just yet...

Interesting find on Insta this afternoon..

Wonder who this team represents?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Jul 2015, 08:06 (Ref:3558130)   #2
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
There isnt a thread for this just yet...

Interesting find on Insta this afternoon..

Wonder who this team represents?
Good find GTR........ Hackett maybe ?
Old 13 Jul 2015, 08:22 (Ref:3558135)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Good find GTR........ Hackett maybe ?
Possibly, but you would have imagined Mr Hackett would keep his deal close, and not drip feed it

Mercedes Benz AMG usually requires teams they support and sell cars & equipment to to go through a vetting process, to demonstrate capacity (both financial & technical)...

Sounds interesting...
Old 13 Jul 2015, 08:39 (Ref:3558139)   #4
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Betty has said publicly that Erebus haven't chosen their next ride yet-who knows? Hope to see Hackett back.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 03:47 (Ref:3558386)   #5
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
EfiOz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Possibly, but you would have imagined Mr Hackett would keep his deal close, and not drip feed it

Mercedes Benz AMG usually requires teams they support and sell cars & equipment to to go through a vetting process, to demonstrate capacity (both financial & technical)...

Sounds interesting...
Why? He has little to fear in exposing it and a lot of ground to gain. He's satisfied all entry criteria and was always the real link in the relationship in the first place.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 03:56 (Ref:3558388)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfiOz View Post
Why? He has little to fear in exposing it and a lot of ground to gain. He's satisfied all entry criteria and was always the real link in the relationship in the first place.
Of course.. but its more fun to hit someone on the head with a sledgehammer than to drip a tap on them..
Old 14 Jul 2015, 12:47 (Ref:3558474)   #7
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
A dripping tap is a lot more irritating.
Old 14 Jul 2015, 14:29 (Ref:3558508)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
On FB too..

Old 14 Jul 2015, 23:18 (Ref:3558642)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfiOz View Post
A dripping tap is a lot more irritating.

Drip drip drip...
Old 15 Jul 2015, 03:17 (Ref:3558673)   #10
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Australian GT wary of V8 dates

TONY QUINN is keen to avoid any date clashes between his yet-to-be-announced GT endurance series, and V8 Supercars next year.… Read more.
Old 15 Jul 2015, 03:53 (Ref:3558675)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
was the intention to have the endurance series at the end of the year or spread over the year? (for some reason i thought towards the end)

V8 supercars is very back end loaded Sept to Nov has nearly half the season (incl 4 of the 6 live FTA rounds) so dates towards the first half (could follow on from 12 hour) might work best

that being said, an endurance series that does not include the 12 hour?
Old 15 Jul 2015, 04:41 (Ref:3558680)   #12
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
was the intention to have the endurance series at the end of the year or spread over the year? (for some reason i thought towards the end)

V8 supercars is very back end loaded Sept to Nov has nearly half the season (incl 4 of the 6 live FTA rounds) so dates towards the first half (could follow on from 12 hour) might work best

Information is fairly light on but my understanding that it is very much a full season spread.

No separate from the 12 Hour and I dont think that is a bad thing
Old 17 Jul 2015, 03:10 (Ref:3559097)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Peter Hackett Set To Run 3x Mercedes AMG GTs in 2016

...and its not with the operation in the opening post

Out-Erebusing Erebus?
Old 17 Jul 2015, 09:00 (Ref:3559134)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
On FB too..

Old 20 Jul 2015, 21:50 (Ref:3559880)   #15
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

QUINN EYEING BATHURST 12H FOR ENDURANCE SERIES

Makes sense. Cant have an endurance series and leave out the biggest race for its type
Old 21 Jul 2015, 01:38 (Ref:3559914)   #16
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think you can.

I understand the allure for Quinn but one event is an international event and one is a domestic championship. Both great products but currently both run different driver regulations, competition regulations amongst other things.
Old 21 Jul 2015, 09:50 (Ref:3559973)   #17
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weren't they combined one year?
Old 21 Jul 2015, 14:23 (Ref:3560029)   #18
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, they were for a year. The AusGT cars did the first hour, and the 12hr cars continued on.

I think that the GT Championship can exist without having the 12hr as part of the series; as DRT said, they run to different regulations. It would be like V8SC allowing turbo 4cyl cars, but only for Bathurst...
Old 21 Jul 2015, 21:19 (Ref:3560131)   #19
EfiOz
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
The difference in the GT categories was never that radical and they both run to Blancpain BOP levels now anyway.

The only difference was the B12H allowing a seperate category for anyone that could get 3 similar cars togethor.
Old 22 Jul 2015, 04:32 (Ref:3560180)   #20
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Running the 12 Hour as a round of the Aus GT series is a bad thing.The great thing about the 12 Hour is that it is an international race with international teams.The Aus GT driver seeding system is not compatible with the accepted GT international seeding system.Overseas teams would be discouraged from competing if they could not bring their preferred driver line ups that are accepted in all other races.The Aus system has more emphasis on the amateur driver which may be a good thing for Aus GT but would stop the 12 Hour becoming a top flight international event.
Also I would imagine that if the 12 Hour was a round of Aus GT competitors registered for that series would have to be given guaranteed entry.Let's say there are 40 Aus GT entrants this only leaves 15 places for the rest of the world.This would also stop the race becoming one of the world's 3 great GT3 races which it has the potential to become.
Of course a cynic might say that the prospective new owners of the race might say this is a good way to stop the race achieving it's full potential and taking interest and money away from the other long distance Bathurst race(and o I don't mean the Easter 6 hour).
Old 22 Jul 2015, 05:22 (Ref:3560183)   #21
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
while your entitled to your opinion, Tony Quinn disagrees with you.

Also the 12 hour is a domestic race which includes some international teams and some international drivers. Its held entirely in Australia and is not part of any international championships (currently)
Old 28 Aug 2015, 05:36 (Ref:3569303)   #22
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Quinn to bring BMW M6 to Australian GT grid

The Australian GT Championship is set to welcome a BMW M6 GT3 to the grid next year with Tony Quinn placing an order for the German manufacturer’s latest offering Read More
Old 1 Sep 2015, 07:04 (Ref:3570420)   #23
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Sorry, wrong thread.
Old 1 Sep 2015, 10:39 (Ref:3570453)   #24
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/09/01/...down-gt-debut/

Ross Stone to potentially run two cars in AusGT next year. Both Astons, or something different?
Old 2 Sep 2015, 07:38 (Ref:3570680)   #25
D.R.T.
Veteran

Very excited to see Quinn bringing BMW to the Australian series.

Hopefully Klark holds onto the McLaren