Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Mar 2017, 16:30 (Ref:3716465)   #2476
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I think the new Mercedes livery looks nice.

I hope that's not jumping down anyone's throat.
Old 4 Mar 2017, 16:42 (Ref:3716469)   #2477
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Love the Mercedes livery. Was getting very bored of the yellow Wix one.
Old 4 Mar 2017, 17:46 (Ref:3716475)   #2478
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Love the Mercedes livery. Was getting very bored of the yellow Wix one.
Now it needs some backing from Stuttgart.
Old 4 Mar 2017, 20:20 (Ref:3716489)   #2479
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Moffat's Merc still ran by Ciceley, or is Laser Tools Racing now an outright separate entry?

Nice to welcome another big name sponsor into the series. I'm a fan of red racing cars, so naturally I'm quite fond of Morgan's new livery!
Old 4 Mar 2017, 20:23 (Ref:3716491)   #2480
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
have to use the spec single turbo like everyone else.
Ta.
Old 4 Mar 2017, 21:51 (Ref:3716505)   #2481
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
MAC Tools Mercedes vs Laser Tools Mercedes
#The red car and the blue car had a race...#

(For those old enough to get the reference)!!
Old 4 Mar 2017, 23:55 (Ref:3716521)   #2482
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF View Post

Here's hoping that there are no prickly trees next season!!!🚗🚘🏝🏜
Old 5 Mar 2017, 08:31 (Ref:3716607)   #2483
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
I know that teams can't sell / buy TBLs at this point but could they still be distributred by TOCA?

As for Morgan's livery I must say I much preferred the yellow design from last year. To me it has been improved every year since the Mercedes debut, but this year's livery leaves me personally a little disappointed. Still, good to see it is generally liked and it certainly looked like a very professional launch.

Media day can't come quick enough!
Well considering TOCA have made it clear they would rather stray away from four car teams, it's not beyond all possibilities that if another manufacturer was waiting in the wings they could lean on BMR to part with their fourth license. Still hugely strange that the forth seat hasn't been announced and that it's the only seat at the team that is to some degree expendable (I.E. it's not bringing someone else's funds to the table so less of a loss if it has to be given up).

I think the issue with the livery is the same issue with a few of recent years. The bare black components aren't tied into the design well. I call it the panda car look as it reminds me of the black and white police liveries. It was a symptom of some of the early Rob Austin Racing Audis, the BMR Restart and BKR VWs (the urban camo livery on Smith's car later in the season looked loads better).

With all the advancements with vinyl in recent years, it wouldn't be hard to apply some red to black fades or with a bit more creativity, some stripes or design elements to make the black look more intentional.

Now what would have been brilliant is a take on this Mac Tools drift livery:

Old 5 Mar 2017, 10:46 (Ref:3716636)   #2484
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
According to the Wiki entry list, the fourth BMR seat could be run under a separate banner

Enjoyed that BMW launch on YouTube. Paul O'Neill did a brilliant job there
Old 5 Mar 2017, 14:39 (Ref:3716665)   #2485
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
Well considering TOCA have made it clear they would rather stray away from four car teams, it's not beyond all possibilities that if another manufacturer was waiting in the wings they could lean on BMR to part with their fourth license. Still hugely strange that the forth seat hasn't been announced and that it's the only seat at the team that is to some degree expendable (I.E. it's not bringing someone else's funds to the table so less of a loss if it has to be given up).

I think the issue with the livery is the same issue with a few of recent years. The bare black components aren't tied into the design well. I call it the panda car look as it reminds me of the black and white police liveries. It was a symptom of some of the early Rob Austin Racing Audis, the BMR Restart and BKR VWs (the urban camo livery on Smith's car later in the season looked loads better).

With all the advancements with vinyl in recent years, it wouldn't be hard to apply some red to black fades or with a bit more creativity, some stripes or design elements to make the black look more intentional.

Now what would have been brilliant is a take on this Mac Tools drift livery:

I prefer the BTCC livery over this.
Old 5 Mar 2017, 14:40 (Ref:3716666)   #2486
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF View Post

Probably old enough but don't know what this is about.
For me Red vs Blue is Holden vs Ford.
Old 5 Mar 2017, 15:30 (Ref:3716675)   #2487
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Probably old enough but don't know what this is about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4drNFXd6dw
Old 5 Mar 2017, 16:20 (Ref:3716690)   #2488
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Indeed old enough but never seen this behore.
Old 5 Mar 2017, 18:03 (Ref:3716704)   #2489
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Any insights into the new tyre behaviour yet?
Old 6 Mar 2017, 17:50 (Ref:3716892)   #2490
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In semi-BTCC related news, VW have announced the successor to the Passat CC: http://www.autoblog.com/2017/03/06/2...sedan-details/

Would make a mean looking touring car though I suspect it's gonna be too big.

I also wonder what effect PSA's buyout of Vauxhall/Opel will have on the existing deal with PMR and any future participation. Sounds like both parties are pretty tight on funds at the moment!
Old 6 Mar 2017, 18:38 (Ref:3716901)   #2491
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
I also wonder what effect PSA's buyout of Vauxhall/Opel will have on the existing deal with PMR and any future participation. Sounds like both parties are pretty tight on funds at the moment!
There's a reason there is no Vauxhall branding on the mock up of PMR Astra.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 07:59 (Ref:3716985)   #2492
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have just put a massive Vauxhall logo on the side of their truck though!
Old 7 Mar 2017, 08:16 (Ref:3716990)   #2493
VXDave
Racer

VXDave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Autosport, the Vauxhall deal is three years. Whether or not that is honoured remains to be seen.

RE the lack of Vauxhall branding - as someone on here mentioned before, just remember that the first Levorg mock up had little or no Subaru branding, and the MGs apart from last year have run with very little branding, not to mention the Hondas last year.

I reckon we'll see some Vauxhall branding, along with Power Maxed Racing branding... not long to wait now!
Old 7 Mar 2017, 09:14 (Ref:3716998)   #2494
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
They have just put a massive Vauxhall logo on the side of their truck though!
Good shout.

Old 7 Mar 2017, 09:45 (Ref:3717003)   #2495
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Jeez, that is a big logo.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 09:50 (Ref:3717005)   #2496
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they need to replace it with a lion now
Old 7 Mar 2017, 10:00 (Ref:3717006)   #2497
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
I'd love to see Peugeot back.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 10:41 (Ref:3717013)   #2498
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
they need to replace it with a lion now
But why? It wasn't a GM logo previously.

Part of the appeal for PSA is the existing brand awareness of Opel/Vauxhall in certain European areas.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 11:39 (Ref:3717022)   #2499
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I'd love to see Peugeot back.
I think a 308 would make a lovely looking touring car.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 15:09 (Ref:3717050)   #2500
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Well it's not Warren Scott in the fourth Subaru - he's doing the British Rallycross championship:

http://www.teambmr.co.uk/2017-03-war...nship-for-2017