Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Aug 2017, 12:36 (Ref:3756933)   #151
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Why, what happened between them?
This:
Old 2 Aug 2017, 16:11 (Ref:3756977)   #152
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Seems to have flared up and settled down really quickly - but conveniently generates some publicity of a Scottish rivalry just before the series heads north.
^ so WWE type crap like they have between wrestlers and those wrestlers may be even same room while bashing each other on twitter
Old 2 Aug 2017, 16:29 (Ref:3756978)   #153
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Subaru boost cut for Race 3

so TOCA can adjust boost between races now ?
Only on the Subarus, because they were given extra boost at Oulton Park to see if it would help them with their engine problem. They also had some taken away before race three there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Plato has less boost. Something I heard (read?) somewhere before but heard David Addison say during race 3 commentary - was he saying Plato had less boost than the other Subarus or that all the Subarus had less boost?

In my head I've assumed that the same cars have the same boost- so no difference between Neal/Shedden, Collard/Turkington/Jordan etc.
All cars of the same type run the same boost.

Quote:
Why was Matt Neal so down on his chances on the grid fir race one? Didn't look too shabby at all!
Because he knew that he only qualified that high up because the car was illegal, and he couldn't run at that pace in the race.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 22:16 (Ref:3757072)   #154
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
This:

I meant on the track
Old 3 Aug 2017, 05:23 (Ref:3757119)   #155
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I meant on the track
is just as good a representation of what happened on track as any of the selective still images portray!
Old 3 Aug 2017, 11:22 (Ref:3757185)   #156
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Also Goff was unhappy with Collard's move in R2, can't remember how exactly he got past, need to see it again before passing judgement
Old 3 Aug 2017, 13:37 (Ref:3757208)   #157
thesmackdown
Rookie

thesmackdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Austin/ Ingram I can see why no race penalty Austin was already more than half car lengh inside , Tingram just tuned into him !!!!
That isn't exactly how it works. Tingram was on the racing line. That's a bit like saying if Rob was continuing to drive straight without braking, and Tingram turned into a corner and Rob didn't that Tingram turned into him. This was a bomber move.
Old 3 Aug 2017, 14:53 (Ref:3757217)   #158
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmackdown View Post
That isn't exactly how it works. Tingram was on the racing line. That's a bit like saying if Rob was continuing to drive straight without braking, and Tingram turned into a corner and Rob didn't that Tingram turned into him. This was a bomber move.
There is no racing line. It's a common misconception.

Just because someone is where you think you would be faster (the so called racing line) doesn't give you the right to own said "line"

I've been in enough driving standards briefings where we been told to give each other space. If you won't be at the apex of a corner before the other car.... you should give them room. And that also includes diving up the inside from 2 cars back type maneuvers. Nobody owns a "line"
Old 3 Aug 2017, 15:48 (Ref:3757222)   #159
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post

Just because someone is where you think you would be faster (the so called racing line) doesn't give you the right to own said "line"

I've been in enough driving standards briefings where we been told to give each other space. If you won't be at the apex of a corner before the other car.... you should give them room. And that also includes diving up the inside from 2 cars back type maneuvers. Nobody owns a "line"
Maybe that is what is wrong about motor racing, these days?

In days gone by, at drivers' briefings, it was made clear that the line, or corner, was your's providing that a driver attempting to overtake didn't have at least the front wheels ahead of your rear wheels.

It must be added, though, that, back then, we didn't have brakes that could stop you on a sixpence, and suspension/road holding was no where near as sophisticated as it is today. For these reasons and more, there weren't that many opportunities to dive down the inside of others, and so there were rarely comings together for these types of incidents.

Furthermore, we would be reminded during the briefings, ever so often, that we participated in a non-contact sport. And as a result, we didn't engage in paint swapping, leaning on door handles or push to passes. My car went through five year's of racing, about 20 outings a year, without a scratch on it.

Drivers tended to respect each other back then, and they also knew that most of us would have to dig deep into our own pockets to pay for any repairs. And they wouldn't have liked it to happen to themselves, either.
Old 4 Aug 2017, 09:17 (Ref:3757324)   #160
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Maybe that is what is wrong about motor racing, these days?

In days gone by, at drivers' briefings, it was made clear that the line, or corner, was your's providing that a driver attempting to overtake didn't have at least the front wheels ahead of your rear wheels.

It must be added, though, that, back then, we didn't have brakes that could stop you on a sixpence, and suspension/road holding was no where near as sophisticated as it is today. For these reasons and more, there weren't that many opportunities to dive down the inside of others, and so there were rarely comings together for these types of incidents.

Furthermore, we would be reminded during the briefings, ever so often, that we participated in a non-contact sport. And as a result, we didn't engage in paint swapping, leaning on door handles or push to passes. My car went through five year's of racing, about 20 outings a year, without a scratch on it.

Drivers tended to respect each other back then, and they also knew that most of us would have to dig deep into our own pockets to pay for any repairs. And they wouldn't have liked it to happen to themselves, either.
There is still a healthy respect for each other's cars and ultimately wallets in some series. IMHO, TTRS and PBMWC (managed by project 8 racing) are a couple of leading clubs championships for enforcing driving standards.

Ultimately it's the policing of the standards that drive how good the non-contact part our sport actually is.

One of the reasons I chose that series to race in. I want to spend my budget racing and not fixing my car.
Old 4 Aug 2017, 10:56 (Ref:3757333)   #161
thesmackdown
Rookie

thesmackdown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post

This is a bit of semantics, if you won't be at the apex of a corner before the other car, than the other car owns the line.

I believe Tingram had started his turn in before Rob was along side. It was a very optimistic move on Rob's part, to say the least.