Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 26 Jun 2013, 23:57 (Ref:3270248)   #1
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Derrick Walker

The more he speaks the more I like what he is saying. Randy Bernard did a lot of things right (including a new car and getting Chevy back) but he got it wrong with the ICONIC committee and also, it appears a contract with Dallara that goes until 2018, at least. By then will it be too late? I know mountainstar thinks it already is.
http://www.racer.com/derrick-walker-...rticle/300577/
Old 28 Jun 2013, 22:42 (Ref:3271416)   #2
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
He's a good guy Walker he'll do his best for us.
Old 30 Jun 2013, 03:05 (Ref:3271760)   #3
JR90
Rookie

United States
JR90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's about time IndyCar hired him. He may have saved Randy Bernard's job if it had happened sooner.
Old 2 Jul 2013, 18:46 (Ref:3273017)   #4
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Randy Bernard got it wrong with the ICONIC committee
The car is great, I don't see any complaints. The biggest issue is ratings and attendance, which is caused by lack of promotion and coverage.
Old 4 Jul 2013, 16:06 (Ref:3273891)   #5
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The car is great, I don't see any complaints. The biggest issue is ratings and attendance, which is caused by lack of promotion and coverage.
"Lack of Promotion and coverage" doesn't equate to known Fish Molester Larry Dahlberg's tape delayed show with no advertising "Hunt for Big Fish" beating it on the same network. And the marketing is no worse than it was in 2008 (Gene Simmons I am Mindy presented by Dr Pepper) yet less and less people are watching it.Down and Down we go.
Old 6 Jul 2013, 15:56 (Ref:3274608)   #6
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd wonder how much an impact Walker will really make. He's an old geezer now and years ago was working on heading into retirement, so I'm not sure he is going to hang around for too long.
Old 6 Jul 2013, 22:53 (Ref:3274743)   #7
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
He's not important for the decisions he does, but for how he changes everyone around him. If IndyCar executives start to understand things by hearing him, that's good enough.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 08:14 (Ref:3274790)   #8
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I'd wonder how much an impact Walker will really make. He's an old geezer now and years ago was working on heading into retirement, so I'm not sure he is going to hang around for too long.
I reckon he will be here for a little while, he wouldnt have signed a contract otherwise