Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Mar 2016, 19:48 (Ref:3619624)   #1
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is Formula 1 broken?

According to this article, Lewis Hamilton believes Formula 1 is broken and that MotoGP is more exciting.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123086
Old 3 Mar 2016, 19:53 (Ref:3619627)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He's right
Old 3 Mar 2016, 20:00 (Ref:3619632)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not only is he right, but so are Fred who said the qualifying discussions are a mess, the Hulk who said the head protection is horrible and Checo who says the new format will be too confusing for fans.

The way things are going it wouldn't be a surprise to see Hulk going to Indycars, Nasr in sportscars and Hamilton in Rallycross
Old 3 Mar 2016, 20:02 (Ref:3619635)   #4
Bakemono
Rookie

United States
Columbus, OH
Bakemono should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wait, wait, wait...the guy who benefitted the past 2 years from F1 being boring is complaining that F1 is boring?
Old 3 Mar 2016, 20:04 (Ref:3619636)   #5
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is F1 Broken & a shadow of its former self ? Yes.
Will I still get up at stupid o'clock to watch a Merc walkover in Oz ? Yes
Will I then moan about how F1 is cr&p & WEC is 100 times better ? Yes
Will I still continue to watch every GP " just in case of a good race " after that ? Yes

God Help me .......
Old 3 Mar 2016, 20:12 (Ref:3619642)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
Will I still continue to watch every GP " just in case of a good race " after that ? Yes

God Help me .......
Hear, hear!

It's like your beloved football team. Even when they're underperforming, you stick by them like you always do and hope they get it right one day.

Still it is worrying for the sport when even the drivers are pointing out everything that is wrong
Old 3 Mar 2016, 20:15 (Ref:3619643)   #7
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I used to be the one who watched F1 despite not enjoying it. But last year I had enough about 3 races in. I couldn't do it anymore. I ended up giving my time to WEC, ELMS, IMSA, PWC and BES. I eventually found myself watching so many other series (which are cheaper and easier to watch I might add), that I found myself not caring anymore. I put in a little effort for other series and found they rewarded me for it.

It is a shame but that's how it became.
Old 3 Mar 2016, 20:55 (Ref:3619662)   #8
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To the OP question...

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post

God Help me .......
Same here. I view this forum more as a support group than anything else!

Richard
Old 3 Mar 2016, 21:01 (Ref:3619664)   #9
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
MotoGP is fairly boring.....Isle of Man TT is exciting.
Old 3 Mar 2016, 21:04 (Ref:3619666)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, much better than that namby pamby MotoGP stuff.
Old 3 Mar 2016, 21:06 (Ref:3619669)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
haha love that!
Old 3 Mar 2016, 21:10 (Ref:3619671)   #12
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post

Richard
Hello. My name is LC2guy, and I've gone 3 weeks since watching a race .... Haven't told the wife that Sebring & first GP in Oz are the same day yet, any advice !!
Old 3 Mar 2016, 21:13 (Ref:3619672)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Have a drink.
Old 3 Mar 2016, 21:31 (Ref:3619678)   #14
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The nice thing about this addition support group is that it's ok for us to have drinking problems!

Richard
Old 3 Mar 2016, 23:09 (Ref:3619697)   #15
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakemono View Post
Wait, wait, wait...the guy who benefitted the past 2 years from F1 being boring is complaining that F1 is boring?
No, he isn't complaining. He didn't say it was boring either. Please read the link.
Old 3 Mar 2016, 23:59 (Ref:3619711)   #16
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I don't think Hamilton enjoyed being asked that question nor answering it.

But frankly whilst I think it is broken by many standards. I think I'm more frightened of any solution that these money grubbing short sighted types that govern the sport might cook up than any problem we have currently.

Personally, I don't know what he is talking about with MotoGP. I don't mean he's "wrong" necessarily. It's a thing peculiar to me, I know, but MotoGP just leaves me flat.

But, anyhow, I fundamentally agree with him.
Old 4 Mar 2016, 00:46 (Ref:3619725)   #17
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
According to this article, Lewis Hamilton believes Formula 1 is broken and that MotoGP is more exciting.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123086
That statement from Hamilton alone sets him apart as something special.

Then you add his criticism of the current tyres to the mix:

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns33204.html

and Lewis comes out as a real racer.

He is the current WDC and has the most to lose in terms of status quo, yet he is still prepared to acknowledge the elephants cluttering up the room.
Perhaps if more of his predecessors had spoken out, F1 would not be in its current awful mess. The FWG (F1 Working Group) really needs to contain driver representatives who are able to guide the rule making processes.

Very impressive statements from Lewis.
Old 4 Mar 2016, 00:56 (Ref:3619730)   #18
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I used to be the one who watched F1 despite not enjoying it. But last year I had enough about 3 races in. I couldn't do it anymore. I ended up giving my time to WEC, ELMS, IMSA, PWC and BES. I eventually found myself watching so many other series (which are cheaper and easier to watch I might add), that I found myself not caring anymore. I put in a little effort for other series and found they rewarded me for it.

It is a shame but that's how it became.
almost exactly the same with me(I stopped after Sepang) and I don't see that changing any time soon.
Old 4 Mar 2016, 01:17 (Ref:3619733)   #19
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakemono View Post
Why is that funny? Wouldn't it be funny if he claimed it wasn't boring after benefiting from it?

See wnut's post above - Hamilton would have the most to lose from shaking it up and yet is arguably the most outspoken.

That's not laughable. It's admirable.
Old 4 Mar 2016, 01:35 (Ref:3619740)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lewis should go to IndyCar. They race.
Old 4 Mar 2016, 05:14 (Ref:3619782)   #21
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
F1 isn't broken. It's just slightly bent.
Old 4 Mar 2016, 12:37 (Ref:3619873)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

If the current world champion is complaining about the way the sport is, you know something's wrong. As I've said before, is a good old fashioned racer and that's why I like watching him race.

I agree Indycar is in better shape in turns of racing ATM
Old 4 Mar 2016, 16:08 (Ref:3619937)   #23
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do believe Formula One is broken. Artificial gimmicks made the series lose its character as true sport and prevented the decision makers to address the real issues, such as the convergence and therewith the lack of excitement both on and off the track.
Old 4 Mar 2016, 16:21 (Ref:3619939)   #24
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting comments from Vettel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Vettel via Motorsport.com
"I don't think F1 is broken. In terms of the show Formula 1 is doing fine," he said. "But in the background, the decisions lately and so on it is fair to say it is lacking leadership."
I sense some string pulling behind the scenes here...
Old 4 Mar 2016, 18:47 (Ref:3619975)   #25
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i would tend to agree with SV.

for it to be broken it would have to be more on the side of GPs failing to take place, teams failing to show up, prize money not being paid out etc.

a leader without the vision or ability to set the course for the next X amount of years is the larger issue for me as well.