Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 19 May 2004, 19:01 (Ref:975753)   #1
bk56
Rookie

bk56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
british production saloon car championships 1978-83

Hi.
I've bought an ex-racing Dolomite Sprint which I think was raced by John or Henry Rice in the above championship. Would be very interested in any information or programmes/pictures of the Sprint.
Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

Bob.
Old 27 May 2004, 10:23 (Ref:984921)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I'm not sure by any means. But I remember either John or Henry Rice competing in the Duckhams Road Saloon Series with a Sprint in 1984/85?

If it's the same people they would've been up against people like Derek Wileman and David Shead's Capris, Trevor Griffiths and Rob Walker's Firenzas, Roger Newbould's Lotus Cortina, Tim Dodwell's Scirocco (the one in the BARC SE saloons)and there was also Sunbeams like Joss Ronchetti and John Woodward although they may have come a bit later?

I'm not sure if they raced in Prodsaloons or not? Is so it would've been prior to '84.

Can't remember colour of car although there was a yellow one, a green one and a red one i think?

I'll try find the programme from Donington '84 and Oulton '85 when i saw it racing.
Old 28 May 2004, 14:05 (Ref:986297)   #3
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I've found Sep '84 programme from Donington and it says the following in entry for Duckhams road saloon race:
34, John Rice, Dolomite Sprint, colour white/black
Old 28 May 2004, 16:08 (Ref:986447)   #4
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There where a couple in the Wilcomatic prod series in 82 or 83 when they raced against Mayfair Scirocco's and opels.
Any idea what colour yours was when it raced?
Old 30 May 2004, 21:21 (Ref:988650)   #5
bk56
Rookie

bk56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks very much for your info chunterer and Nordic, my sprint was white and black when I got it, I also found out that it was owned by Peter Brown. I would love a copy of any programmes etc. My e mail address is the_ketts@hotmail.com and I will of course pay any postage expenses etc.
Old 3 Jun 2004, 19:18 (Ref:993048)   #6
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John and Henry also drove the car in Road Saloons in 85 and 86 plus the odd outing in NW Special Saloons/GTs