Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jan 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1502340)   #1
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
German Authorities to Charge Toyota Team Members

This is all related to the Italian investigation about an ex-Ferarri employee moving to Toyota and taking some software with him

Details:
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns16114.html

Also on that site is speculation that one of the men is Gustav Brunner. Could it be his reason for leaving a few months ago?
Old 16 Jan 2006, 19:15 (Ref:1502587)   #2
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, it is related to the alleged incidents, which the Italian authorites also happen to be investigating.

It isn't related to the Italian investagtion as such.

Still, another part of the puzzle.
Old 16 Jan 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1502589)   #3
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ove andersson, gustav brunner and rene hilhorst have been charged!
Old 16 Jan 2006, 19:22 (Ref:1502590)   #4
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Source?
Old 16 Jan 2006, 19:24 (Ref:1502592)   #5
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=34855

and

autosport.com
Old 16 Jan 2006, 19:27 (Ref:1502596)   #6
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
So, that is the German prosecution. Interesting, will be intriguing to see how this develops.
Old 16 Jan 2006, 20:17 (Ref:1502628)   #7
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Those are big names.... Ouch.
Old 16 Jan 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1502632)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Well it wouldn't be the first time Toyota were caught cheating (turbocharger).But this is certainly on a different level.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 00:41 (Ref:1502772)   #9
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is a link to a pitpass article, which has a further link in it. You will see that this problem was apparently well known within Toyota. One question is, how far up does it go? When Toyota officials from Japan toured the F1 complex, I'm sure you could eat off the floors, nothing would have been visible, so did Ove ever tell Katsuaki Watanabe (Toyota president), or any other high ranking official anything about it?

My guess is no.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=26872
Old 17 Jan 2006, 01:47 (Ref:1502790)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You would be surprise how the top guys always know everything and are above the law because they simply don't get their hands dirty...
Old 17 Jan 2006, 02:11 (Ref:1502791)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarr
I love the way the article finishes with a link for "Click here for Toyota Merchandise".

CD-ROM, anyone?
Old 17 Jan 2006, 06:33 (Ref:1502853)   #12
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You'd probably find a F2002 die-cast sitting within those Toyota Merchandise.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1503247)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like Toyota's attempt at denying any blame for themselves. These were some of their key employees at the time - Ove Andersson had been with them for decades, and had been caught cheating several times. With such a financial advatnage they should be able to finish 8th in the championship honestly....
Old 17 Jan 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1503305)   #14
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Well it wouldn't be the first time Toyota were caught cheating (turbocharger)
what?have i been in a coma or is my short term memory as bad as i sometimes suspect
Old 17 Jan 2006, 19:24 (Ref:1503310)   #15
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was in the WRC championship and I think it was the air intake? (Not sure on that one, I'm sure someone will correct me.)

They had a clever system that conceled this secret device until one car crashed keeping it open.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 13:49 (Ref:1503781)   #16
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't say i remember that.What year did it happen
Old 18 Jan 2006, 14:01 (Ref:1503789)   #17
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The air restrictor could be bypassed by a vent which was held on a spring. If the scrutes tried to look at the restrictor, the spring closed the vent so that it wouldn't be spotted. Something like that.
Old 19 Jan 2006, 15:08 (Ref:1504485)   #18
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was as inevitable as night following day.