Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 20 Aug 2017, 08:18 (Ref:3760528)   #326
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Is this legit or just your personal fan fiction, Akrapovic?

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire 526G dual sim mit Tapatalk
Legit. I'm no where near creative enough to write fan fiction, lol.

Really not sure about the autonomous mode. I appreciate it for road cars because of the safety aspect. But I don't see how it adds to a sport.

Last edited by Akrapovic; 20 Aug 2017 at 08:33.
Old 20 Aug 2017, 08:57 (Ref:3760537)   #327
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Rather more on this story - Customer is still out there - target is Dacia badging

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...me-halted.html
Old 20 Aug 2017, 09:29 (Ref:3760542)   #328
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Is there carriage space of front MGU in monocoque?

This shouldn't be confused with a final technical drawing, it's obviously just for illustration and presentation purposes. It suggests there is space in the front for an electric motor, but since the chassis hasn't run and has now been pushed to 2019, there is time to make room for it.

Car length increased by 35 cm, but this is to accommodate the battery rather than the MGU. Chassis length is increased so the battery can be included inside the monocoque. Assuming the battery will run along the bottom of the chassis, which gives the car a very low centre of gravity. Despite the weight (1100 kg), it could end up being quite a good car to drive. Low CoG and instant torque.
Old 20 Aug 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3760562)   #329
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What a shame, LMP1 needs more cars at this time, we better hope others come in next season
Old 20 Aug 2017, 13:18 (Ref:3760575)   #330
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This G56 entry seems laughably optimistic considering they couldn't even get a barebones regular P1 off the ground.
Old 20 Aug 2017, 17:09 (Ref:3760595)   #331
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
This G56 entry seems laughably optimistic considering they couldn't even get a barebones regular P1 off the ground.
Yup. It's another "believe it when I see it" type of thing to me. If they do get funding for it, cool. But I won't be bothered if it fails either.
Old 21 Aug 2017, 17:17 (Ref:3760777)   #332
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The sooner LMP1 dies off the better, then the ACO will realise and accept the DPi route is far more attractive for manufacturers who want to compete in top level prototypes, but not with an F1 budget.
Old 21 Aug 2017, 17:52 (Ref:3760786)   #333
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
DPi is for participating, not competing
Old 21 Aug 2017, 18:18 (Ref:3760792)   #334
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 21 Aug 2017, 20:45 (Ref:3760809)   #335
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
The sooner LMP1 dies off the better, then the ACO will realise and accept the DPi route is far more attractive for manufacturers who want to compete in top level prototypes, but not with an F1 budget.
Dpi is cool, but it's too 'spec' to present it as a top class in a World Championship with FIA sanctioning. If they could open the concept up by doing away with the excessive bop and spec tires and allow some development to actually show, I could see it working.
Old 22 Aug 2017, 20:56 (Ref:3761017)   #336
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Dpi is cool, but it's too 'spec' to present it as a top class in a World Championship with FIA sanctioning. If they could open the concept up by doing away with the excessive bop and spec tires and allow some development to actually show, I could see it working.
If DPi was to be the foundation, it would need the above items. Which in the grand scheme is small tweaks.

Richard
Old 22 Aug 2017, 23:47 (Ref:3761040)   #337
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
They'd need to get it back to LMP900/pre-hybrid LMP1 levels of development freedom before DPI can seriously replace present day LMP1.

Not to mention you have that whole air restrictor vs fuel flow performance balancing going on between DPI and LMP1. I don't see LMP1 privateers ditching fuel flow meters in favor of air restrictors after spending the money to develop their engines for fuel flow, and I don't see DPI-like efforts going to fuel flow, either.

LMP1 right now needs LMP1 specification cars. The ACO aren't going to dump their current rules a year or two early just to get more cars on the grid. Which I think at this moment is stupid, but you have at least two constructors developing cars to the current regs, which for privateers are supposed to be good until 2022.
Old 23 Aug 2017, 12:41 (Ref:3761173)   #338
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
They'd need to get it back to LMP900/pre-hybrid LMP1 levels of development freedom before DPI can seriously replace present day LMP1.

Not to mention you have that whole air restrictor vs fuel flow performance balancing going on between DPI and LMP1. I don't see LMP1 privateers ditching fuel flow meters in favor of air restrictors after spending the money to develop their engines for fuel flow, and I don't see DPI-like efforts going to fuel flow, either.

LMP1 right now needs LMP1 specification cars. The ACO aren't going to dump their current rules a year or two early just to get more cars on the grid. Which I think at this moment is stupid, but you have at least two constructors developing cars to the current regs, which for privateers are supposed to be good until 2022.
I think if brands, Acura, Mazda, Nissan or Cadillac want to go to Le Mans the engine would not be problems, all of that have the possibility to use a engine with fuel flow limits. Nissan have the V6 used in by kolles, Acura have the V6 Honda of Indy Cars (engine that was to be used in the project of ARX 04 LMP1 that never happened), then Cadillac could be use the Chevy engine of Indy Cars and Mazda could benefit from the business agreement with Toyota and use the Toyota 4 in line turbo of GT500 and that is available for LMP1.
We know that the Chassis of Oreca and Ligier can lower their weight to 830 kg to adapt to LMP1 P, I guess the same thing happens with Dallara.
Joest and Mazda of course are more complicated with the currently overweight Riley chassis.
A new aerodynamic package for Le Mans and modifications to the suspensions for Michelin or Dunlop should not be complicated for the teams and brands involved.
I honestly do not see it possible for 2018, maybe for 2019 and only for Le Mans. A victory of Toyota in Le Mans in 2018 could reduce to 2 cars its participation in 2019 or even leave the series and that could be a great opportunity for Acura, Mazda, Nissan and Cadillac to win Le Mans.
Also we all know that Penske and Joest want to be there.
Old 23 Aug 2017, 14:10 (Ref:3761185)   #339
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Problem also is that DPI is very much a BOP formula, vs LMP1 where only the engine and hybrid are supposed to be regulated. That's also part of where the LMP1 cost hike came from due to the ACO loosening up some of the aero regs (while IMO arbitrarily tightening others).

That's why the front floors of modern LMP1s are so evolved, even though the actual performance gains are probably fairly marginal.

We'd probably have to go back to pre-2005 BOP principals (IE, rarely enacted except in cases of extreme disparity in performance) to get what LMP1 really ought to be. And I'd also hope that would bring costs down, too.
Old 23 Aug 2017, 18:09 (Ref:3761236)   #340
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Problem also is that DPI is very much a BOP formula, vs LMP1 where only the engine and hybrid are supposed to be regulated. That's also part of where the LMP1 cost hike came from due to the ACO loosening up some of the aero regs (while IMO arbitrarily tightening others).

That's why the front floors of modern LMP1s are so evolved, even though the actual performance gains are probably fairly marginal.

We'd probably have to go back to pre-2005 BOP principals (IE, rarely enacted except in cases of extreme disparity in performance) to get what LMP1 really ought to be. And I'd also hope that would bring costs down, too.
The point is that by putting a suitable engine, reducing weight, a new aerodynamic package and a modified suspension would be coming out of the BOP and the DPI would become an LMP1-P that should be very competitive against the private teams of the series.
I do not think any DPI will be at Le Mans in 2018 but it may be possible in 2019 and they have many chances to reach the podium or even win if the Toyota have problems.
Old 24 Aug 2017, 00:09 (Ref:3761288)   #341
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Couldn't agree more.

How about it, Mr Perrinn? One last Cinderella moment before you turn into a bumpkin.
Old 27 Aug 2017, 20:52 (Ref:3762152)   #342
Nicolas Perrin
Rookie

Nicolas Perrin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNicolas Perrin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's discuss

Hi guys, before I turn into a pumpkin, I would love to answer your questions and explain to you the PERRINN project and the reality of Motorsport. But can we do this on perrinn.com? If you go there, there is a visitor access, no login required, and you can chat with me there, it is public by the way - everyone can see what is said... It would be nice! Think about it and see you there.
Cheers
Nicolas Perrin (with 1 n)
Old 28 Aug 2017, 02:36 (Ref:3762203)   #343
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas Perrin View Post
Hi guys, before I turn into a pumpkin, I would love to answer your questions and explain to you the PERRINN project and the reality of Motorsport. But can we do this on perrinn.com? If you go there, there is a visitor access, no login required, and you can chat with me there, it is public by the way - everyone can see what is said... It would be nice! Think about it and see you there.
Cheers
Nicolas Perrin (with 1 n)
Thanks Nicolas. Apologies on the thread title, seems nobody else had noticed that. I think the amount of discussion around this topic means people are interested, and I hope some of our members take the opportunity to ask you questions directly at your site.
Old 28 Aug 2017, 06:06 (Ref:3762225)   #344
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for posting, Mr. Perrin. I will check out your site again ... haven't visited (if it is the same one) since the announcement a couple years back.
Old 30 Aug 2017, 14:41 (Ref:3762948)   #345
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing the name of the customer, this was always going to end badly.
Old 30 Aug 2017, 18:30 (Ref:3762998)   #346
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
Seeing the name of the customer, this was always going to end badly.
Who was the potential customer?
Old 30 Aug 2017, 19:22 (Ref:3763010)   #347
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ART Racing Services

Although that means nothing to me.....

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...me-halted.html
Old 30 Aug 2017, 19:59 (Ref:3763024)   #348
YZFrider
Racer

YZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridYZFrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It mentioned badging the engines as Dacia but I haven't seen what the engines were supposed to be. Anybody know?
Old 30 Aug 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3763037)   #349
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
ART Racing Services

Although that means nothing to me.....
Company registered by a certain Frank van Nunen.
Who was also behind the failed Team ECOSpeed Dome project in 2009 and was accused of fraud by at least one driver he managed (Francesco Sini).
Old 19 Feb 2018, 18:08 (Ref:3802455)   #350
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would love to see this as a 'Garage 56' entry at Le Mans:

Perrinn 424