Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 27 Oct 2008, 09:02 (Ref:2321581)   #526
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney
Hamilton moment? Did you get a retrospective 25 second drive through penalty then?
Yeah, they made me run behind Delta in the Battlestar Galactica for four laps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney
I will direct John to your kind comments.......he even took the pictures with the article.

John Brooks
Thanks John.
Old 27 Oct 2008, 09:05 (Ref:2321583)   #527
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Yeah, they made me run behind Delta in the Battlestar Galactica for four laps!

Thanks John.
Did he baulk you again Peter?
Old 27 Oct 2008, 10:50 (Ref:2321672)   #528
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinkel
That's a great vid . . .

Shame I can't - no I won't - post thumbs. A certain red MGB and a red-white Capri are to come.

Waits in anticipation
Old 27 Oct 2008, 10:59 (Ref:2321684)   #529
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought you were in Ely!
Old 27 Oct 2008, 11:05 (Ref:2321694)   #530
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I thought you were in Ely!

Not today.
Old 27 Oct 2008, 18:44 (Ref:2321978)   #531
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just hang on a minuit i did get a drive through penalty in the HSCC race and was right behind the leader in our class. As luck would have it we were both well clear of anyone else so i only dropped down to 3rd.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 20:23 (Ref:2325523)   #533
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Yeah, I can only dream about being in that.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 20:27 (Ref:2325524)   #534
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
Dinkel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crap avatar Tim! What hapenned?
Old 1 Nov 2008, 20:54 (Ref:2325540)   #535
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Crap or not, it'll be there for a week.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 20:57 (Ref:2325542)   #536
ClassicRacingTV
Rookie

Netherlands
ClassicRacingTV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What does it mean? Or is it very personal?
Old 1 Nov 2008, 22:53 (Ref:2325592)   #537
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicRacingTV
What does it mean? Or is it very personal?
http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/cont...l-508925.shtml

we remember the dead of the two world wars and all those who have given their lives for the peace and freedom we enjoy today, the link will explain all aspects.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 23:00 (Ref:2325597)   #538
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
It's a poppy to commemorate those that fought in the Great War (1914-1918) and all wars and conflicts since. It's supposed to represent the poppy fields of Flanders, that's a region of France, Belgium and Holland where there have been some large conflicts from time to time.

In the UK remembrance Sunday is next weekend which falls on the Sunday nearest the 11th of the 11th.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep,
though poppies grow
In Flanders fields

John McCrae

Last edited by Tim Falce; 1 Nov 2008 at 23:07.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 23:20 (Ref:2325605)   #539
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dont get the flanders upset of telling they are holland. but its important remember all those people important for our freedom as we live it now,,,,,what the f.. are we doing in Afg......................we never learn I would say , its just like racing.
Old 1 Nov 2008, 23:26 (Ref:2325611)   #540
ClassicRacingTV
Rookie

Netherlands
ClassicRacingTV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
dont get the flanders upset of telling they are holland. but its important remember all those people important for our freedom as we live it now,,,,,what the f.. are we doing in Afg......................we never learn I would say , its just like racing.
Don't get us dutchies upset by telling we are part of Flanders, or worse: France!
You're absolutely right about not learning of the past, Esper...
Old 1 Nov 2008, 23:49 (Ref:2325629)   #541
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Flanders, that's a region of France, Belgium and Holland
I did say "Region", that can mean part of, and not necessarily all of.

I think we should get back on topic before John shouts at me.
Old 2 Nov 2008, 08:48 (Ref:2325710)   #542
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, it's the Spa thread; it always goes of at a tangent. And guys, don't get upset about regions in this case; it misses the point of Falcie's avatar, which is to remember those who died, and it is important that we do. Remember also that it is governments who take us to war, so whether you agree with their decision or not, it's the armed forces that suffer the consequences, so they should always receive our support.
Old 2 Nov 2008, 15:40 (Ref:2325912)   #543
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
Sorry for my ignorance Falcie . . . Saw lots of WO1 stuff in N France last Holiday. A dissaster of a war . . .

I visited this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemin_des_Dames
Old 3 Nov 2008, 20:04 (Ref:2327273)   #544
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=_MMcMHyHYDE

Big Vette - gold 'n red - chased by a 1 litre Ginetta.
Old 4 Nov 2008, 21:58 (Ref:2328253)   #545
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Enjoyed that clip Dinkel was that Jeff Vador driving.MGB must of been on 3 cylinders.
Old 6 Nov 2008, 05:02 (Ref:2329207)   #546
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Enjoyed that clip Dinkel was that Jeff Vador driving.MGB must of been on 3 cylinders.
Actually at that point it was 3 but I think it was down to 2 when I came in and changed the plugs at the end of that lap!
Old 6 Nov 2008, 07:52 (Ref:2329240)   #547
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I've just been reliably informed that it wasn't me, so there!
Old 6 Nov 2008, 09:00 (Ref:2329257)   #548
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Anyone seen Terrance? He's been very quiet. Been trying to wind him up but its Peter who's biting. Ah Ha.
Old 6 Nov 2008, 09:03 (Ref:2329259)   #549
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I spoke to him yesterday - apparently, he's been in Belgium. Perhaps getting in some extra practice for next year?
Old 6 Nov 2008, 09:20 (Ref:2329264)   #550
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
but its Peter who's biting. Ah Ha.
Not really, just that it prompted me to look at the times and although I'd need to check Bernie's car number I know that in the early laps I came out of Eau Rouge and got smoke in the cabin, then the car started to die.

I thought it had been caught on camera and that it was this bit of film. As it happens I also recall passing the Vette later on so either I was unlapping myself or lapping it.

I've been told that I need glasses because Terry's car doesn't have a roundel where that one does and runs black wires not silver minilites. Other than that it could be the same car.