http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRCWjV5tnVQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERr3wOn0uEY
Old 13 Nov 2009, 01:43 (Ref:2581160)   #2
instant classic
Rookie

France
France
instant classic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not really sure how "cool" it is to talk or watch a bad wreck one of the best IRL drivers. i can speak for many fans here most don't watch for the wrecks
or how "cool" it is to post a "" when talking about bad wrecks, but if you like to talk about Dario 2009 title win i'm all for it
Old 13 Nov 2009, 14:47 (Ref:2581410)   #3
Andy Harrison
Rookie

Andy Harrison should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by instant classic View Post
not really sure how "cool" it is to talk or watch a bad wreck one of the best IRL drivers. i can speak for many fans here most don't watch for the wrecks
or how "cool" it is to post a "" when talking about bad wrecks, but if you like to talk about Dario 2009 title win i'm all for it
Fair point on the 'cool' wording the only reason I think these crashes are amazing is because no one was seriously injured in either wreck. This is a testimont to IRL safety regulations, the safety crews and modern engineering.

Had there been another outcome then I certainly wouldn't have posted the links.

I'm just glad neither crash affected his driving and he has gone on to be champion again in 2009 - well done Dario!
Old 13 Nov 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2581458)   #4
instant classic
Rookie

France
France
instant classic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Harrison View Post
Fair point on the 'cool' wording the only reason I think these crashes are amazing is because no one was seriously injured in either wreck. This is a testimont to IRL safety regulations, the safety crews and modern engineering.

Had there been another outcome then I certainly wouldn't have posted the links.

I'm just glad neither crash affected his driving and he has gone on to be champion again in 2009 - well done Dario!
the safey of the IRL is great it's much better then other motorsports

anytime i see the cars get air-born it's times like that i really hate being a racing fan. thats why i never understand why fans love watching it or cheering it? i was at talladega back in april and i was sitting just passed the start/finsh line, and almost had carl edwards sitting in my lap, and fans 2 rows up from me were laughing and saying great job carl.
i'm sure if i did get hit by carl car it would make someone i know very happy
Old 14 Nov 2009, 01:53 (Ref:2581680)   #5
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, there is a guy at work who watches some motorsport. He says the only reason he watches F1, for example, is for the crashes.

He is convinced I am lying to him when I say I do not watch motorsport for crashes, and I do not like it when they happen.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2584526)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Crashes (in which the driver escapes unhurt) can be interesting to look back on but that is about it. I too suffer the dreaded workmates Dutton alludes to.