Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: Your 1st preferred cup of tea?
Dailysportscar 24 35.82%
Sportscar365 17 25.37%
Both have equal quality 26 38.81%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Jul 2015, 00:06 (Ref:3562060)   #51
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
This is a difficult thread to read. It's like asking someone which kid they love the most? It's a touchy subject, for me.

I flirted with producing websites like these guys do and I know how difficult it is to accomplish. My main focus was PLM. I don't think I could've done a whole season! But, in that one race, I got all the excitement, all the experience, all the photos and video that would last me for a year.

During a PLM week, we would take 600-700 individual photos. Would spend the day at the track, take the photos, get back home and take 2-3 hours going through the days photos, picking the best, processing them, creating web pages to put them into and then upload the pages and images. My only choice back then was AOL and slow upload speeds. Finally, I would catch 3 or 4 hours of sleep, eat breakfast and head back to the track for the next day. I averaged 15 hours of sleep during the PLM week.

All of these guys have gone far beyond that and I salute everyone who puts in the effort to cover one of the most exciting forms of motorsport in the world.

My hat's off to these two and all the sites that bring us news, photos, videos, rumors, sneak peeks and interesting stuff about the future. Just keep it up.

Last edited by CyberMotor; 29 Jul 2015 at 00:35.
Old 29 Jul 2015, 00:29 (Ref:3562064)   #52
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted option C even though I do visit SC365 more often (mainly because there are slightly more frequent updates).

These pick your favorite polls have a tendency to turn into fanboy declarations about why one thing is 100% good and the other is 100% bad. A testament, perhaps, to the quality of both sites that there's not much to complain about.
Old 10 Aug 2015, 18:50 (Ref:3565171)   #53
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
hope the followup doesn't die.
Old 11 Aug 2015, 12:37 (Ref:3565318)   #54
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was going to say which of these outlets I preferred but obviously Racecar Engineering is best - (what do you mean race reports, and what is this 'driver' thing people keep mentioning?)

I must respond to the suggestions that Nissan pressure media outlets to be nice and not be negative about them is not true in my experience, they just ask that you be fair and balanced.

Beyond that its like comparing News of the World to the Telegraph, while I work for the FT... because I have a pink bathroom.
Old 11 Aug 2015, 12:53 (Ref:3565320)   #55
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Which site I more likely visit semi-daily: S365, but DSC is more invaluable. S365 offers the day's or week's news in a more concentrated form and which often can be read elsewhere too, while DSC seems to concentrate on more special stories and interviews, which is more irreplaceable, but you just don't get a very good sense of the actually important news.

I will never forgive Dagys' Ferrari LMP1 announcement rumor and followed utterly ridiculous explanation ("oh it was really about G56 but then postponed"). DSC writers put up quite a lot of rumors out there too that never materialize, they just do it via RLM broadcasts and Twitter.
Old 24 Aug 2015, 22:15 (Ref:3568410)   #56
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
John Dagys AMA ("ask me anything") on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wec/comment...torinchief_of/

Like in Mike Conway AMA, most popular question seems to be "what's your favourite food", FFS.

Last edited by deggis; 24 Aug 2015 at 22:21.
Old 24 Aug 2015, 22:22 (Ref:3568412)   #57
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
at cargo pants questions
Old 26 Aug 2015, 03:55 (Ref:3568799)   #58
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
John Dagys AMA ("ask me anything") on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wec/comment...torinchief_of/

Like in Mike Conway AMA, most popular question seems to be "what's your favourite food", FFS.

Some interesting answers there from Dagys especially about how S365 after he found out he'd lost his job with Speed. Seems though both he and E-I were let down by a third party with the Ferrari return to Le Mans scoop that turned out to be nothing.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 04:32 (Ref:3568803)   #59
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Seems though both he and E-I were let down by a third party with the Ferrari return to Le Mans scoop that turned out to be nothing.
That was my question.

Quote:
That perhaps is the one story that I regret publishing on Sportscar365. Everyone makes mistakes and I learned a huge lesson on who can be trusted. I was working on this story as a collaborative effort with our European partner, Endurance-Info, as well as another major motorsports publication. It was the first time both of us had worked that closely with the journalist from the other publication. He had irrefutable evidence that an announcement from Ferrari was to be made at Le Mans, which obviously did not turn out to be the case. If I can go back in time, I would not have written the story. More importantly, I know who I can trust in this industry and have not and will not make that mistake again.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 05:12 (Ref:3568811)   #60
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah yes. When clickbait stories become harmful.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 26 Aug 2015, 05:53 (Ref:3568819)   #61
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Dagys with a "fall guy"? Nah, I think its a sound explanation
Old 26 Aug 2015, 16:57 (Ref:3568953)   #62
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Interesting to hear from him what we have heard from others before regarding the Nissan programme.
Old 26 Aug 2015, 17:30 (Ref:3568959)   #63
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Dagys with a "fall guy"? Nah, I think its a sound explanation
Odd that it comes out now, instead of a year ago.... Wait.... No it isn't.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”