Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Jan 2016, 11:04 (Ref:3608403)   #51
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Companies House info is fine, but doesn't show the daily "doings" of Ltd Co's. I prefer to see up to date daily regular updates.
Yes Bella, interesting moves by Manor, making it even more complex.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 11:48 (Ref:3608420)   #52
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i don't think the day to day is any of our business really. keeping a company going, and thus keeping people employed, rooves over their heads, food in their kitchens etc takes some short term decisions that can look seriously dubious if you don't know the exact long term situation, tactics and cashflow.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 14:51 (Ref:3608470)   #53
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting that Manor Endurance Racing Ltd has been set up, we did hear rumours of Sports GT racing ambitions by Mr Booth, mmmmmm?
Old 27 Jan 2016, 21:56 (Ref:3608554)   #54
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I've not replied because it is off topic, but until you run a supply Business for 30 years with 6 staff, like me, giving credit to the tune of £225,000 to 400 customers monthly Bella, I want to know weekly what type of Company I'm giving credit...
And yes, it still runs today very well.
Without that knowledge, I wouldn't have lasted a year.
The problem being, with a "big" name Company, there is always someone that will give 30, 60, 90, 120 days credit, to get into the "system" at a cheaper price.
I would love to know who feels peeved now "giving" money to Manor a couple of years ago.
Legally (?) it will all change name and carry on...pity the little creditors..
Anyway...back on topic! Where is Mr Fitzpatrick? Which Manor Company is he changing to in the near future to continue his losses into 2016?
Old 28 Jan 2016, 10:23 (Ref:3608647)   #55
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is off topic but I agree fully with djinvicta about knowing what is going on. In business you hope to give credit based on real knowledge of the customer but often decisions are as much emotional as logical and this will be very much the case where a motor racing enterprise is concerned. Many of the smaller creditors in the VA will view the establishment of a yet another new company by Messers Booth and Lowndes with dismay or anger.

I texted the Commercial Director of a well known race team with the news of Manor Endurance, his immediate reply was " Well good luck for him to find some drivers". Perhaps we shall see the new outfit in LMP racing and my bet is with a Ginetta with help from Lawrence Tomlinson, a fellow Yorkshireman, but equipment suppliers may want cash up front or other leverage. New equipment may sound rather cheap when you are used to the sums involved in F1 but still run to seven figures for a team setup.
Old 30 Jan 2016, 15:57 (Ref:3609270)   #56
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Cheers old man...and thank you..
Old 14 Mar 2016, 19:53 (Ref:3622790)   #57
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mark Smith is to leave Sauber after only joining them last July for family reasons and is going back to the UK.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123251

That must be a disappointment.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 20:10 (Ref:3622795)   #58
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Must be. Hope he's been paid...
Old 26 Apr 2016, 17:54 (Ref:3636500)   #59
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
John Booth ( of Manor) is to join Toro Rosso as Director of Racing on a consultancy basis. He will continue with Manor in the WEC.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123988
I wonder where he will be on the weekend of 18th &19th June?
Old 27 Apr 2016, 10:37 (Ref:3636666)   #60
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's great to know that John Booth is valued in the F1 paddock, after all it was a shame that he was no longer wanted at Manor last year.
Old 27 Apr 2016, 10:57 (Ref:3636669)   #61
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Great news that John Booth will still be around; hope he can make a real impact at STR, who are doing pretty well at the moment.
Old 3 May 2016, 13:12 (Ref:3638113)   #62
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Great news that John Booth will still be around; hope he can make a real impact at STR, who are doing pretty well at the moment.
One of the strangest appointments of recent times, even though he is not a full employee.

Apparently the top engineering people did not even know he was coming...

Not quite sure what John can offer the team as he doesn't have much 'relevant' F1 experience.

Is it just to ensure there aren't any more toys out of the pram moments fro Max or is it to ensure that Max is 'looked after' properly...
Old 3 May 2016, 13:17 (Ref:3638116)   #63
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
depends what his role is. if each department in the team is operating as an island and not communicating, having a central person to report to and give you a telling off is a good thing, especially if they're impartial like a consultant would (hopefully) be.

i don't think they need to worry about babysitting max. it's jos they need to keep an eye on
Old 3 May 2016, 13:46 (Ref:3638134)   #64
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
depends what his role is. if each department in the team is operating as an island and not communicating, having a central person to report to and give you a telling off is a good thing, especially if they're impartial like a consultant would (hopefully) be.

i don't think they need to worry about babysitting max. it's jos they need to keep an eye on
The inference is that Jos had a word in someone's ear and next thing you know John appears!
Old 5 May 2016, 18:07 (Ref:3638894)   #65
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Yes! And Max has gone to Red Bull!
Old 5 May 2016, 21:12 (Ref:3638965)   #66
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
john booth to red bull rumours in 3... 2... 1...
Old 6 May 2016, 07:56 (Ref:3639070)   #67
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
More than Verstappen are leaving Toro Rosso. His race engineer is also going although he is leaving for different reasons. Data engineer Oliver Helvig also seems to be leaving.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/pu...-rosso-733777/

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/to...hanges-733741/
Old 7 May 2016, 03:51 (Ref:3639333)   #68
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nelson Kvyat, GP3 2013 winner, now becomes Nelsinho Kvyat, after another crashing gate.
Whistleblowing's not, then Flavio Markó is safe... for now.
Giving place to Romain Verstappen.
2009 musical chairs, again.
Old 12 Nov 2016, 09:14 (Ref:3687382)   #69
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
It seems like Ron Dennis will be leaving McLaren shortly but it will not be his choice.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127064

I can't see it being the same team without Dennis being involved as he has been its leader for over the last 30 years.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 07:59 (Ref:3687560)   #70
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Now here is a thought..
Wonder if RD is being lined up for Bernies job?
Old 13 Nov 2016, 11:12 (Ref:3687585)   #71
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think he's ruled out having a senior role in the sport several times
Old 13 Nov 2016, 22:06 (Ref:3687823)   #72
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think he's ruled out having a senior role in the sport several times

Rules out Ross Brawn too then?
Old 14 Nov 2016, 09:45 (Ref:3687934)   #73
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Rules out Ross Brawn too then?
Ron Dennis = McLaren.
Ross Brawn worked for several major teams.

I don't know if Brawn is on good terms with all his former teams but maybe he's more acceptable to all parties involved?

Altough I don't think Brawn has the charisma to be the leader of F1.
Old 14 Nov 2016, 14:02 (Ref:3688008)   #74
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I'm not sure I'd call what Bernie has charisma. But, in any event, Bernie has opined that Ross would be better suited to a regulatory role at the FIA than on the commercial side. Also, does Ross want it? He might be very happy in retirement.
Old 15 Nov 2016, 17:55 (Ref:3688307)   #75
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Ron Dennis is going on gardening leave and will no longer be chairman and chief executive of the McLaren Technology Group.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127123

What will McLaren be without RD involved, interesting times ahead.