Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 Mar 2015, 18:49 (Ref:3513034)   #26
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eero Simojoki and fomer japanese F3/F3000 driver Risto Virtanen are again Finnish WTCC commentators this season.
Old 8 Mar 2015, 18:54 (Ref:3513035)   #27
Tarzaan
Racer

Hungary
Tarzaan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow. Fantastic drive from Norbi. P17--> P6

Sorry for Thompson. Huff a little bit deserved this, he push Bennani's car to D'Aste's Cruze in the early phase on the race.
Old 8 Mar 2015, 19:35 (Ref:3513039)   #28
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio View Post
Is that worst WTCC TV coverage ever (apart from 2005)? No, seriously, what's with Eurosport..
Remember LG's woeful CGI ads back in 2005? Fun times
Old 8 Mar 2015, 20:12 (Ref:3513046)   #29
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sébastien Loeb wins the second race at Termas de RÃ*o Hondo ahead of José MarÃ*á López, with Tiago Monteiro's Honda third.
Old 8 Mar 2015, 20:15 (Ref:3513047)   #30
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Rubio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
Remember LG's woeful CGI ads back in 2005? Fun times
Yeap

Mixed feelings - I've really enjoyed Race 2, that was like good old WTCC coming back. But the pace of Citroen is shoking though. I believe others will be much closer from Hungaroring onwards but still the gap is way too big
Old 8 Mar 2015, 20:17 (Ref:3513048)   #31
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really like Tom Gaymor, but he sounded a bit out of his depth as lead commentator. Where is Martin Haven?
Old 8 Mar 2015, 20:21 (Ref:3513049)   #32
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio View Post
Is that worst WTCC TV coverage ever (apart from 2005)? No, seriously, what's with Eurosport..
Coverage matches the quality of some of the racing to be honest, race one was terrible Citroen bore fest. Race 2 Citroen again driving off but at least there was some pretty good battles for the remaining place's

The gap between Citroen and the rest seems to be the same, the only difference is Honda seem to of pulled away from Chevy and poor old lada gonna be playing catch up for most of the season
Old 8 Mar 2015, 20:32 (Ref:3513052)   #33
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Race 1

Race 2

Drivers Championship
Old 8 Mar 2015, 21:29 (Ref:3513066)   #34
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
I really like Tom Gaymor, but he sounded a bit out of his depth as lead commentator. Where is Martin Haven?
Bobsleigh / Skeleton World Championships at Winterberg. I believe he will be back for the rest of the year.
Old 8 Mar 2015, 21:40 (Ref:3513072)   #35
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good.

I do wonder, is Gaymor dyslexic? He can't seem to string a sentence together and didn't pronounce "Ma Qing Hua" correctly once all weekend. Also, back when the Porsche Carrera World Cup was at the Nurburgring, he spent the entire race calling the track "Norderschleif". Useless.

Makes one wonder how he ever got a job as a commentator. Mind you, Eurosport also have Carlton Kirby.

As far as the racing's concerned, it's just a continuation of last year.
Old 8 Mar 2015, 22:10 (Ref:3513086)   #36
Mrslozz
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
Mrslozz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year was bad touring cars racing all the other touring car series are better youd of thought be world touring cars it would wanna be the best of the touring car series not the worst. Might as well call it the Citroen cup and Michelisz or huff would win it. Worst than f1. Can't wait for btcc proper racing!
Old 9 Mar 2015, 09:25 (Ref:3513187)   #37
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
Good.

I do wonder, is Gaymor dyslexic?
So what if he is? You've now offended myself and millions of others who have overcome dyslexia and the prejudice attached to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrslozz View Post
Last year was bad touring cars racing all the other touring car series are better youd of thought be world touring cars it would wanna be the best of the touring car series not the worst. Might as well call it the Citroen cup and Michelisz or huff would win it. Worst than f1. Can't wait for btcc proper racing!
Go and troll elsewhere. This isn't the place for a "BTCC is better" thread. I enjoy the WTCC, it just needs to have a more level playing field. The driver quality is certainly there. Such a shame that Citroën is wasted on Bennani, didn't he hit Thompson in race two as well?
Old 9 Mar 2015, 14:37 (Ref:3513301)   #38
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be honest, Mrslozz has hit the nail on the head

If you actually tune in, with the intention of watching this, instead of just coming across it on the telly then you have my sympathies.

Eurosport couldn't back a winner if you told them Red Rum was a good horse and gave them a time machine they would bet on something else through sheer stupidity. They have invested millions in this series and it is and has been a total dead horse for years.

If anyone thinks watching a field that contains a car a clear second and a half faster than anything else out there is a good thing, then you clearly need help.

I'm sorry, but you do.

It's like BTCC, full of has beens, one time heroes and some blokes with a bunch of money who can't get GT rides.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 15:01 (Ref:3513317)   #39
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
In Hispanic America, the Termas races aired on Fox Sports main feed, unlike F1 which has switched to Fox Sports 3.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 15:51 (Ref:3513334)   #40
Mrslozz
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
Mrslozz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go and troll elsewhere. This isn't the place for a "BTCC is better" thread. I enjoy the WTCC, it just needs to have a more level playing field. The driver quality is certainly there. Such a shame that Citroën is wasted on Bennani, didn't he hit Thompson in race two as well?[/QUOTE]

Owwww sorry il keep my opinion to myself then! Also I'm dyslexic takes me alot of time and writing of my own opinion on this forum because most of the time doesn't make sense when I read it back.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 15:56 (Ref:3513337)   #41
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrslozz View Post
Go and troll elsewhere. This isn't the place for a "BTCC is better" thread. I enjoy the WTCC, it just needs to have a more level playing field. The driver quality is certainly there. Such a shame that Citroën is wasted on Bennani, didn't he hit Thompson in race two as well?
Owwww sorry il keep my opinion to myself then! Also I'm dyslexic takes me alot of time and writing of my own opinion on this forum because most of the time doesn't make sense when I read it back.[/QUOTE]
It's just not the way we do things here. We keep the BTCC and WTCC threads civilised without slagging off the other series in either of the threads. Leave that sort of thing to btcc.net.

Chunder, it's not 1987 anymore, wake up.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 17:29 (Ref:3513355)   #42
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Found both WTCC encounters thoroughly entertaining. Cars are spectacular, venue promotes overtaking and Citroen awe-inspiring. Onto Morocco
Old 9 Mar 2015, 19:49 (Ref:3513412)   #43
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course i would be more happy, if Citroen had less advantage. But we can't change that so easily. Even Honda (which is really famous in terms of good racing cars) can't do that.

I really don't have an idea, how to change that fast!!!!
Old 9 Mar 2015, 20:09 (Ref:3513420)   #44
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
So what if he is? You've now offended myself and millions of others who have overcome dyslexia and the prejudice attached to it.
I was merely wondering if he had it, as it would explain his inability to commentate properly. Either way it doesn't matter since he's shown for years that he isn't very good at his job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
Found both WTCC encounters thoroughly entertaining. Cars are spectacular, venue promotes overtaking and Citroen awe-inspiring. Onto Morocco
I don't think anyone's going to remember race 1 by this time next year. It was very much a "some cars went around and a result was declared after a number of laps" kind of race. Race 2 was better though.

Honda really need to step it up, otherwise we're going to have a fifth consecutive year with one model of car head and shoulders above the rest.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 20:30 (Ref:3513431)   #45
kurski
Veteran

Finland
WTCC boss François Ribeiro wants that Matias Rossi, Agustin Canapino and Nestor Girolami test in his series of car.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 20:37 (Ref:3513434)   #46
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol touring cars in 1987 were garbage too!

I do like a bit of tin tip stuff, but this is about as entertaining as watching paint dry
Old 9 Mar 2015, 20:53 (Ref:3513440)   #47
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw race one and that's probably enough until next year.

Was just luck I saw it after watching the football and it was embarrassing trying to justify watching it front of other less educated Motorsport followers. It started well when Eurosport had an in car interview with Rob Huff... during the adverts!

Tried to enjoy it but it really was dross. Literally the only interest in the championship is if either Muller or Loeb can keep Lopez honest.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 20:55 (Ref:3513441)   #48
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Rubio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New feature from Touringcartimes, I've been waiting for long for someone to start doing this:

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2015/...-in-round-one/
Old 9 Mar 2015, 20:55 (Ref:3513442)   #49
Motorsportfreak
Racer

Germany
Motorsportfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
Saw race one and that's probably enough until next year.

Was just luck I saw it after watching the football and it was embarrassing trying to justify watching it front of other less educated Motorsport followers. It started well when Eurosport had an in car interview with Rob Huff... during the adverts!

Tried to enjoy it but it really was dross. Literally the only interest in the championship is if either Muller or Loeb can keep Lopez honest.
Race 2 was really good, Action in the whole field.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 20:58 (Ref:3513443)   #50
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"Dusan Borkovic raced in 2015 WTCC opener against doctors' advice"

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117970