Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Jun 2015, 22:36 (Ref:3552024)   #76
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rindt70 View Post
Agree, as we can see here

http://www.racingyears.com/comparema...20Toro%20Rosso

Kvyat was ahead in qualifying 12-7, but in races JEV did it very well and was ahead, by a tiny margin

Kvyat was in his first F1 season and Vergne his third!
Old 19 Jun 2015, 11:13 (Ref:3552120)   #77
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
David Thexton could be lining up for a Manor/Marussia drive soon...
I hope he does...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Jun 2015, 20:24 (Ref:3552254)   #78
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Kvyat was in his first F1 season and Vergne his third!
Which is why Kvyat's in a Red Bull and Vergne is toiling in Formula E?
Old 22 Jun 2015, 15:12 (Ref:3553061)   #79
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
GP.COM inferring Nasr is nor angling for a move away from Hinwil with Williams or even Ferrari a possibility.

Williams or Haas-Ferrari more like...

Lots of big noises giving The Hulk the big thumbs up too. Could he yet replace Kimi at Ferrari?

Hmm not sure two German's would be all that in demand at Maranello.

Hulk back to Williams alongside Massa (if Bottas goes to Ferrari) is a possibility though?
Old 1 Jul 2015, 15:09 (Ref:3555209)   #80
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't the rumour - that Jenson could make this his final year at McLaren? The McLaren-Honda does look to be in a state. Will he stay on - and hope for a better year in 2016? I know Jenson has had the experience of being in a bad car before - the old wide engined Renaults and some of the early Hondas - but is he patient enough to wait around? Also - McLaren might not want him there?
Old 2 Jul 2015, 03:09 (Ref:3555311)   #81
Rindt70
Rookie

Rindt70 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last rumours:

Kimi out...Bottas in and Hulk to Williams
Button out...Vandoorne in
Old 2 Jul 2015, 15:31 (Ref:3555404)   #82
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be honest I don't quite see the whole Bottas thing. He looks a very steady hand, but I don't see the star quality - he's a little faster than Massa, but not always - and Felipe's someone I've never really rated.

Hulkenberg to Williams would be interesting - I did note that Williams' Twitter did commend his Le Mans efforts...and Frank et al were admirers. It's mad how consistently well he's done since coming into the sport and it's now 6 years (with a 1 year gap) in and he's still plying away in midfield...I do hope he gets a decent car at some stage, he's been patient and even went against good ol' Weber to tread his own path. Plus, he seems a genuinely charismatic, good bloke.
Old 2 Jul 2015, 18:25 (Ref:3555430)   #83
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never rated Ricciardo too highly but then he did something pretty good last year.

I believe McLaren will let both drivers run next year and then they'll both be given a nice retirement home somewhere sunny and tax free whilst Magnussen and Vandoorne try to fix the situation! Of course, I could be horribly wrong
Old 2 Jul 2015, 19:17 (Ref:3555444)   #84
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I tend to think that McLaren will keep both drivers next year if they want to stay.

On the Bottas vs. Massa thing. You would think that Massa has peaked while Bottas has room to grow? I get this feeling that Bottas has a provisional contract in his pocket with Ferrari that is just dependent upon Kimi being let go or kept.

Richard
Old 3 Jul 2015, 09:36 (Ref:3555566)   #85
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also, it must be said with Kimi that when he was with Heidfeld he was about equal to his pace, outraced by Massa in 2008, looked like he lacked the one-lap pace of Grosjean in the Lotus, before being comprehensively outshone by Alonso and Vettel.

He was only truly fast up against Coulthard. He was strong in 2007, especially in the last few races - solid.

If you couple that with a demeanor of someone who isn't too fussed (he clearly is), it is tough to see why Ferrari would be desperate to cling on to him.

Well, that's until you see he got voted the most popular driver on that bizarre GPDA survey.

I'm sure Kimi is fast and in the races in 2012 he certainly was, but is he as fast as some of the boys who are potentially available to sit in that second Ferrari, these days?
Old 15 Jul 2015, 17:08 (Ref:3558790)   #86
Frosty11
Rookie

Frosty11 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ron Dennis was with Magnussen in Denmark a few months ago telling them that Denmark should get behind Magnussen. So clearly Ron wants Magnussen on the grid next year.
Old 15 Jul 2015, 20:41 (Ref:3558835)   #87
m355y
Racer

m355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridm355y should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bottas has grown into a great all-rounder in F1 in two and a bit years, from a rookie backmarker almost effortlessly to a regular podium finisher last year. He's done really well and proved he's got a place near the top of the F1 tree, he's intelligent, races well, is consistent and fearless. He's cones across really well in interviews, appeals to sponsors and looks ready made for a team like Ferrari.

But I do have one nagging doubt about him in my head - he's not quite as fast as Massa, is he? He's more consistent, he's probably a better bet across a season, he's more confident in certain situations and Massa has a nasty habit of 'freezing up' when it a good position - but if you had to pick of of them in terms of ultimate one-lap speed in that car, it's Massa.
Old 17 Jul 2015, 11:22 (Ref:3559150)   #88
spider
Veteran

England
London
Certainly unconvinced with Bottas, as a true star quality.

I think it's obvious what will happen - Bottas to Ferrari, Hulk to Williams, Wehrlein to Force India. Everyone does well out of that...and Kimi can go and put his feet up.

Haas is an interesting one...Ferrari B team et al...

Oh, and I've been impressed with Nasr so far this season - be interesting to see where he is next year (Sauber, more than likely).
Old 17 Jul 2015, 11:54 (Ref:3559157)   #89
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It seems very likely that Bottas will be going to Ferrari judging from these reports.

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2015...ling-dominoes/

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/bo...ke-theres-fire
Old 17 Jul 2015, 12:48 (Ref:3559165)   #90
Frosty11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
It seems very likely that Bottas will be going to Ferrari judging from these reports.

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2015...ling-dominoes/

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/bo...ke-theres-fire
Rumours are flying round about this all over today. Seems like Ferrari are willing to pay the buyout clause for Bottas. Hopefully Williams could then get Hulkenberg.
Old 17 Jul 2015, 13:08 (Ref:3559167)   #91
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty11 View Post
Rumours are flying round about this all over today. Seems like Ferrari are willing to pay the buyout clause for Bottas. Hopefully Williams could then get Hulkenberg.
Does he want to go back there ? or it doesnt the past matter?
Old 17 Jul 2015, 13:15 (Ref:3559168)   #92
Frosty11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaynes321 View Post
Does he want to go back there ? or it doesnt the past matter?
If the Bottas rumours are true then Williams will be the only team higher than Force India who could give Hulkenberg a competitive car to do well in.
Old 17 Jul 2015, 13:21 (Ref:3559172)   #93
Frosty11
Rookie

Here's my take on the 2016 grid:

Mercedes:
Hamilton/Rosberg

Ferrari:
Vettel/Bottas,Hulkenberg

I would love Hulkenberg to get the Ferrari seat but it looks as if Bottas will now get it.

Williams:
Massa/Hulkenberg

This is a no brainer for me. If Hulkenberg does not get the Ferrari drive and Bottas gets it, then Williams have to go for him. Alex Lynn isn't ready yet but they could promote him in a couple of years as Massa is approaching the end of his career.

Red Bull:
Ricciardo/Kyvat

Force India:
Perez/Wehrlein, Magnussen

Here's my thinking. Wehrlein is Mercedes's reserve driver. He is only 20 so he has plenty of time to go into F1 if he wants to. Hamilton and Rosberg are now both 30 so eventually Mercedes will have to replace them and I think he could be the guy Mercedes want. In regards to Magnussen, as I said earlier Ron Dennis wants him on the grid next year but I feel if that happens it will be with another team. Force India could be the right sort of team for him to flourish as it seems Vandoorne could possibly replace Button. However this will only happen if Hulkenberg goes to Ferrari/Williams.

Lotus:
Grosjean/Maldonado, Palmer

I think Palmer has a really good chance of racing for Lotus in 2016. He's been doing a solid job in the Friday FP1's he's been given. Maldonado has been reckless this season but has calmed down in recent races. Still I'm not sure this will be enough for him to be on the grid although a big part of that will be whether Lotus can replace the vast amount of money he brings. This may sound like a left field thought but I can imagine Ocon/Vaxiviere/possibly Albon doing Friday FP1's next season. However everything could change if Renault buy out Lotus to become a fully fledged factory team.

Sauber:
Nasr/Marciello

I'm really impressed with Nasr this season and I'm surprised the commentators don't talk about him more often than they do. I would like to Marciello in F1 to see what he can do, plus with him being part of Ferrari's driver program they could put him at Sauber to see if he's capable of being in a Ferrari car in a few years.

Toro Rosso:
Verstappen/Sainz

McLaren:
Alonso/Button,Vandoorne

The news about Button is very interesting. His two year deal is basically a 1+1 deal with McLaren having an option for next year. I think that both drivers will be patient with the team and stay on next year. However if McLaren do decide to replace Button they could do a lot worse than promoting Vandoorne who I think will have a really good future in F1. With Alonso approaching the end of his F1 career this could be where Magnussen comes in.

Manor:
Stevens,Rowland, Magnussen, Vandoorne

It was rumoured a while ago that Manor could get honda engines. If so then McLaren could possibly loan them Magnussen and Vandoorne. Vandoorne if McLaren decide to keep Button and Magnussen if Force India isn't a realistic option. Otherwise I think Rowland should be in F1 next year if he wins FR3.5 this year.

Haas:
Vergne, Gutierrez/Rossi

Haas have clearly defined that they want an experienced driver and an american driver if they are ready. Rossi is doing well in GP2 at the moment so from that aspect he's the only realistic option. I've chosen Vergne because of the Ferrari connections but Haas has said that Gutierrez is in contention. For me I would take Vergne over Gutierrez any day.
Old 17 Jul 2015, 14:11 (Ref:3559182)   #94
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
If the fee of £8.5m that is being rumoured is correct, then Williams have done very well out of the deal. Whilst I think Bottas is good, I don't think he has dominated his teammate to the extent that he deserves a top line drive. Nevertheless, I hope he can give Vettel a run for his money and he obviously has the ability on his day to be a race winner.

Button's management should be on the phone to Frank & Claire asking about a drive for next season. That would be a great way to bookend his F1 career.
Old 17 Jul 2015, 18:05 (Ref:3559205)   #95
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty11 View Post
If the Bottas rumours are true then Williams will be the only team higher than Force India who could give Hulkenberg a competitive car to do well in.
Does anyone have any idea whether Williams would let Hulkenburg go and defend his Le Mans crown?
Force India would, Ferrari certainly wouldn't. Williams ...?
Old 17 Jul 2015, 21:30 (Ref:3559233)   #96
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Does anyone have any idea whether Williams would let Hulkenburg go and defend his Le Mans crown?
Force India would, Ferrari certainly wouldn't. Williams ...?
Well, I don't think so. Williams are quite intense.

Although it's not without precedence -- back in the day they let Mansell dovetail his oval career with his Williams comeback.

Oh and I don't see Pastor moving from Lotus given Lotus current finances.
Old 18 Jul 2015, 15:03 (Ref:3559338)   #97
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Think the deals done??
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns31441.html
Old 18 Jul 2015, 17:35 (Ref:3559358)   #98
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How clued up are Corriere dello Sport usually?
Wouldn't surprise me if it was already done and dusted though.
Old 18 Jul 2015, 17:40 (Ref:3559360)   #99
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well they also believe that Nasr is favourite to replace Bottas. Let's find out...
Old 19 Jul 2015, 05:47 (Ref:3559468)   #100
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see Nasr and Massa both at Williams. Maybe a Hulkenberg - Nasr lineup is possible