Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give it?
10 0 0%
9 1 1.92%
8 1 1.92%
7 9 17.31%
6 11 21.15%
5 13 25.00%
4 6 11.54%
3 6 11.54%
2 2 3.85%
1 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Jun 2015, 12:13 (Ref:3545777)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Canadian Grand Prix 2015

What score do you give it?
Old 7 Jun 2015, 13:24 (Ref:3545789)   #2
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
10, because Canada is always good!
Old 7 Jun 2015, 19:26 (Ref:3545866)   #3
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gave it a 1. Complete yawn fest......and there are still 7 laps.

These track days with Bernie are starting to really lose my interest...
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 7 Jun 2015, 19:47 (Ref:3545871)   #4
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Gave it a 1. Complete yawn fest......and there are still 7 laps.

These track days with Bernie are starting to really lose my interest...
Yeah, Vettel from last fighting through to 5th, dead boring.......

Massa just breezed past anyone....

No overtaking at all.........

Were you actually watching the race? I know Mercedes were dominant, but ther was a lot else going on.......
Old 7 Jun 2015, 19:52 (Ref:3545875)   #5
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For sure some good moments but still just a 6 for me.
Old 7 Jun 2015, 20:07 (Ref:3545882)   #6
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Enjoyed the first half of the race, with Massa and Vettel, having to work to pass a few cars.
Second half was dull, with drivers coasting to save brakes and fuel.
Hardly the pinnacle

Best of the season, I give it 5.
Old 7 Jun 2015, 20:31 (Ref:3545886)   #7
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quite dull. 90% of the overtakes were the very definition of the DRS "highway pass".

Gave it a 4, only because the circuit is still something of a challenge and hasn't been totally emasculated yet.
Old 7 Jun 2015, 20:34 (Ref:3545887)   #8
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Lift & coast. Not what F1 should be. Apart from that, just about OK. 6.
Old 7 Jun 2015, 20:35 (Ref:3545888)   #9
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Yeah, Vettel from last fighting through to 5th, dead boring.......

Massa just breezed past anyone....

No overtaking at all.........

Were you actually watching the race? I know Mercedes were dominant, but ther was a lot else going on.......
I watched every lap, I just wasn't thrilled with anything I saw.

Vettel working his way up to 5th should have happened... he's in a much better car. Massa, much better car than most... again, totally expected...

F1 has lost it's way, and it needs some serious help. Everything is too perfect. As I've said for a long time now...

We need to get away from the stupidity, and go back to a real challenge. Less aero, more mechanical grip, ditch the DRS, ditch KERS, more driver, less engineer...
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 7 Jun 2015, 20:55 (Ref:3545896)   #10
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
3 - worst race of the season. Unfortunately, at a dry Canada and without a safety car - it'll be a snoozefest.

Most of the TV coverage missed Vettel coming from the back - so that didn't help.

I just felt underwhelmed by the whole thing.
Old 7 Jun 2015, 21:11 (Ref:3545900)   #11
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post

We need to get away from the stupidity, and go back to a real challenge. Less aero, more mechanical grip, ditch the DRS, ditch KERS, more driver, less engineer...
Quite. Lifting off at 100m before the corners to save fuel? Excuse me? There are no words to describe the sheer abject, crass absurdity of so-called Formula One now.

Zero, zilch, nul points. A disgrace.
Old 7 Jun 2015, 21:29 (Ref:3545908)   #12
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The race was OK, interesting at times. I'll give it a 7.
Old 7 Jun 2015, 21:41 (Ref:3545916)   #13
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7. Plenty of overtaking, DRS or not, and a fair bit of side by side stuff. Kimi even made something happen that affected the podium! Rosberg kept Hamilton honest and we had some good charges. Enjoyable race I thought.

Why is everyone so intolerant? F1 needs more overtaking - solution: Slower speeds, DRS. Fans hate both. F1 needs to be more of a spectacle. Spark plates. Artificial. F1 needs to have more rivalries. Hamilton vs Rosberg title fight. Too untroubled. Endless conspiracy theories. Just appreciate the sport for what it is. The 1980s have gone. There's technology in the sport. The one thing I want is more space for innovation. If one team runs away with it so be it. There'll always be good races in a season. There always have been.
Old 7 Jun 2015, 21:56 (Ref:3545925)   #14
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
5 Sheep.
Old 7 Jun 2015, 22:21 (Ref:3545936)   #15
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
needed rain
Old 7 Jun 2015, 22:25 (Ref:3545937)   #16
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
6. Soporific early on, but perked up a bit later.
Old 7 Jun 2015, 23:51 (Ref:3545953)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A great track and a good start to the race but it tailed off pretty quickly. There were some good moments but too few, like Ericsson and Massa, but if you didn't see it, Kimball and Briscoe at TMS last night was killer. Vettel's drive to 5th was impressive, otherwise that was prety much it, it except for the big squirrel on the track, which a made a change to the SC, or virtual SC coming out. 5
Old 8 Jun 2015, 00:08 (Ref:3545955)   #18
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with some other posts, this race needed a 10 minute rain shower.
Fell asleep with 5 to go, woke up with Hamilton being interviewed.
Therefore - a 4.

good crowd, beautiful track though.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 00:22 (Ref:3545956)   #19
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Terrible.

Only Massa and Vettel made it somewhat bearable. 3/10

I guess the gopher was somewhat entertaining as well, but whatever.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 00:31 (Ref:3545959)   #20
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Vettel did well. Sent a charge through the grid. 5/10.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 00:31 (Ref:3545960)   #21
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2. Needed Kimi...
Old 8 Jun 2015, 04:42 (Ref:3545991)   #22
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
gave it a 3 and i think that was generous, one of the most boring races i can remember, and i will not remember that race for long
Old 8 Jun 2015, 08:32 (Ref:3546046)   #23
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5. Not much drama again.
Old 8 Jun 2015, 08:32 (Ref:3546047)   #24
Pure Fiater
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hampshire
Pure Fiater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lift and coast, and then to ask how far is not racing. 5/10
Old 8 Jun 2015, 08:57 (Ref:3546056)   #25
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Above average but needed rain.

6/10