Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jun 2015, 18:30 (Ref:3552771)   #26
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I fell asleep watching the highlights.

Who won ..

Last edited by Paulaweybridge; 21 Jun 2015 at 18:39.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 18:34 (Ref:3552772)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I fell asleep watching the second lap and I live in a hole.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 18:40 (Ref:3552776)   #28
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Old 21 Jun 2015, 18:50 (Ref:3552782)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Are you a Hobbit?
Old 21 Jun 2015, 18:56 (Ref:3552784)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or a Yorkshireman.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 19:02 (Ref:3552790)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Are you a Hobbit?
No. He's just very tall.........
Old 22 Jun 2015, 09:39 (Ref:3552964)   #32
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hamilton is back to what he loves to do; moan!

This time, according to the BBC website, Rosberg didn't win the race, it was Hamilton's car that lost the race. Apparently, Mercedes have changed the springs that they use in the clutches since the Barcelona GP to the specification that was used last year, and Rosberg is much better with the "new" arrangement.

However, of much more interest is the editorial comment on the piece ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/33217913 ):

Quote:
An F1 car's start system uses two clutches - the driver holds both in, sets the revs to a certain level, and then dumps the first clutch and feeds in the second.

The speed of the start is largely out of the driver's control, but he can influence it if his reaction time is slow.
If one takes this literally then it seems to indicate that teams, well at least Mercedes, are using a driver aid to help them pull away from the start. I really, really wish that they would, once and for ever, drop all the gimmacks and gimmatry in and on F1 cars, and just made the drivers drive and control the cars using only their own skill.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 12:28 (Ref:3553007)   #33
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
No. He's just very tall.........
Old 23 Jun 2015, 10:49 (Ref:3553282)   #34
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Hamilton is back to what he loves to do; moan!

This time, according to the BBC website, Rosberg didn't win the race, it was Hamilton's car that lost the race. Apparently, Mercedes have changed the springs that they use in the clutches since the Barcelona GP to the specification that was used last year, and Rosberg is much better with the "new" arrangement.

However, of much more interest is the editorial comment on the piece ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/33217913 ):

If one takes this literally then it seems to indicate that teams, well at least Mercedes, are using a driver aid to help them pull away from the start. I really, really wish that they would, once and for ever, drop all the gimmacks and gimmatry in and on F1 cars, and just made the drivers drive and control the cars using only their own skill.
More interesting for me was this piece

Quote:
Hamilton said: "I had a problem with the wait revs. I took my foot off the gas and it was still on - like the throttle was still on - and then I dumped the clutch and just (had) lots and lots of wheelspin."
Engine responding to something other than a direct and linear translation from the throttle pedal? Could just be a electrical issue, but could be more?

I wonder if a tyre blanket has the same properties as a tinfoil hat?
Old 23 Jun 2015, 22:38 (Ref:3553469)   #35
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah all of that stuff is stupid. It's no secret that is it there. When the cars leave the pits at the beginning of a session they do a bite point find. I understand this is a process where the cars computers engage and release the clutch to find exactly where it engages. This is automated, not the drivers doing it.

I'm sure the holding of revs at the beginning of a race is automated too, because it would be extremely difficult to hold the revs as accurately as they do with the tiny throttle travel in an F1 car. There are generally no big errors in F1 starts now, which is great for safety (no stalling off the line) but not so exciting for spectators, knowing that all cars will more or less get a similar start.