Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Jul 2007, 16:10 (Ref:1954336)   #26
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be honest Terence, we would look pretty dumb standing next to a circuit without any drivers/cars either!
Old 4 Jul 2007, 19:59 (Ref:1954518)   #27
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee
Whilst timetable issues may have led to some officials walking away from the sport, the root causes of reducing numbers are far deeper and in my view revolve around the changing pressures of 21st century life and the reduction in the volunteering culture.

I concur with most of Johns post but one of the most stated reasons for not marshalling at an event is late finishes. I have evn had marshals on my post that at the start of a day have told me that they finish at 6 pm regardless of what is left of the programme.

I do not want to have a pop at any individual or organisation on the subject of timetables, it is just some consideration for the volunteers I am looking for.
I am not about to stop marshalling on this issue but as this is my 42nd season of marshalling I have seen a lot of people come and go and have now have a reasonable idea as to what people are wanting from marshalling.

Like John I would like to know what the real answer is to marshalling levels, but I will continue to put the BMMC information postcards as near to a marshal point as possible in the hope of recruting more volunteers.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 20:02 (Ref:1954520)   #28
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D
To be honest Terence, we would look pretty dumb standing next to a circuit without any drivers/cars either!
Well ,there is that to it !!
Old 4 Jul 2007, 22:55 (Ref:1954678)   #29
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Well ,there is that to it !!
Although I bet we still wouldn't finish on time
Old 16 Jul 2007, 08:11 (Ref:1964157)   #30
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hope that I have split this off in such a way as to retain the continuity of each thread.