Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Feb 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3027696)   #51
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mrs MM has just finished baking the first batch of mini cakes for the Racewear.co.uk birthday party, adjudged "Muffin Heaven" by Mini MM. Make sure you have your trouser legs rolled up as you pass our stand in the Outer Darkness or you'll miss out - they're only for Tenthers and those in the know. The rest of the hoi polloi have to make do with cheap chocolates!
Old 19 Feb 2012, 12:38 (Ref:3027938)   #52
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you in the cold autojumble area? I will hunt you out on Friday!
Old 19 Feb 2012, 18:56 (Ref:3028032)   #53
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Next hall inwards Grahame, Hall 3, just inside the "Tunnel to Civilisation" (Hall 1). Come through the tunnel, turn right, and we're in front of you on the end of one of the rows, surrounded by motor bikes.

The Outer Darkness welcomes all comers!
Old 19 Feb 2012, 20:11 (Ref:3028074)   #54
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry won't be able to come and breathe beer fumes over you now, Max....the 94 year-old mother of one of my oldest friends (who died a couple of years ago just before his 60th birthday) is being allowed home after a spell in hospital after a fall and as the nearest thing to relatives she has within 100 miles, we are in charge of getting her home and installed safely...on Friday

Have a good show in the outer darkness!
Old 19 Feb 2012, 22:19 (Ref:3028142)   #55
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I will be there on the Saturday on the CTCRC stand.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 08:29 (Ref:3028256)   #56
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Al, I can only get there on the SUNDAY, will any tenthers still be visiting on that day? Would like to say Hi! if anyone's about.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 08:42 (Ref:3028264)   #57
Simon Davey
Rookie

Simon Davey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Taylor View Post
Hi Al, I can only get there on the SUNDAY, will any tenthers still be visiting on that day? Would like to say Hi! if anyone's about.

Gerry

I can remember racing at Croft in Special Saloons with you in the early 70s. (I say "with", but you were a loooonnnnngggg way ahead...) I ran a purple 999ccc Coopers S (Motoscope Mini) at the time.

I moved over to Formula Ford in 76, and am still racing these cars. I am also now the Champ co-ordinator for Monoposto so I'll be on the Monoposto stand at Race Retro on Sunday. If you have time please drop by and say hello (avoid 1.00-2.30pm because we have a New Drivers Seminar then - although you are very welcome to come to that and pass on some wisdom!)

Regards

Simon Davey
Old 20 Feb 2012, 09:50 (Ref:3028289)   #58
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Simon, yes, I do remember you matey, and I will definately pop in and say Hi on Sunday.
Great to know that there is one other old guy still going strong...well, two, Pete Baldwin is still in the game too.
See you on Sunday matey.
Gerry.
Old 20 Feb 2012, 11:17 (Ref:3028323)   #59
MylesC
Rookie

MylesC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone looking to stay over night near to the Race Retro show I can strongly recommend this place:-

http://www.wethelemanor.com

Just down the road from the show, lots of space for parking with a trailer, great food and nice countryside surrounds....

Anyone that is looking to stay over night for the Race Retro show I can strongly recommend Wethele Manor Farm. Good quality B&B just down the road from the show, with plenty of space to park with a trailer. Ideal for those looking to buy at the auction on Saturday...

I tried adding a hyperlink, but I don't think that is allowed? If you google them, they have a website.

Cheers,

Myles

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 20 Feb 2012 at 12:48. Reason: Merged posts
Old 23 Feb 2012, 11:43 (Ref:3029847)   #60
midgetman
Veteran

Just about to leave for Race Retro now. Box trailer packed, ZS full of fuel, Mrs MM not due until Saturday lunchtime so a two day "Boyz Only" pass issued by default! Woo hoo! See you all there, stand Q72 Hall 3!
Old 24 Feb 2012, 15:08 (Ref:3030420)   #61
midgetman
Veteran

Greetings all from the Outer Darkness. I started typing this a couple of hours ago but not got round to finishing I've been that busy. If anyone reading this is here I would love q cup of tea...

Tenthers have been and eaten cake, too many to greet personally here but thanks for saying hello. I am on my own today but Mrs MM and Mini M are here at the weekend so I hope to view the show and catch up.with more gossip..

Currently sat with my feet up, cream crackered. Been a great day
Old 24 Feb 2012, 19:45 (Ref:3030559)   #62
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Greetings all from the Outer Darkness. I started typing this a couple of hours ago but not got round to finishing I've been that busy. If anyone reading this is here I would love q cup of tea...

Tenthers have been and eaten cake, too many to greet personally here but thanks for saying hello. I am on my own today but Mrs MM and Mini M are here at the weekend so I hope to view the show and catch up.with more gossip..

Currently sat with my feet up, cream crackered. Been a great day
glad you had a good one matey. See you on Sunday.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3030962)   #63
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,

Arrived back home yesterday after my op on Wednesday and I am somewhat sore...

They put me on Tramadol after the surgery and I suffered all it's adverse effects ...

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tramadol

Awful stuff.

Anyway now only on Codeine and feeling good to go.

Must not drive for two weeks, car insurance and all that !!!

Hope you are all having or have had a great time.

A couple of my karting team are hoping to get there tomorrow so should hear all about what I have missed.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3030977)   #64
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also well done to:

chunder
GroupOfOne
dabeca
richard crossley in winning tickets to this year's show ...

See: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ro+competition

Chunder, I hope that you received your tickets eventually or are you going to collect or have already collected them from Andrea Seed of Poppyseed Media either at the door or in the Media Centre?

Sorry that I have not been about to help in this matter due to my incapacity this week.

Hopefully Andrea and myself can organise another ticket competition along with Grant for next year's show.
Old 25 Feb 2012, 19:39 (Ref:3030991)   #65
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Had a great day yesterday, catching up with a few old faces and meeting some new members for the first time too. Had a particularly good laugh with Alan and Phil about touring cars etc.

Also saw many other people around that I thought I recognised but couldn't put a name to.

The BRM display was fabulous and it was a pleasure to meet John Sismey who was extremely charming and informative. If I can get to Bourne for their celebration in August I certainly will go.

The show seemed 4 times as big compared to the last time I went, the very first show in 2002 or 03?

Also was great to witness a hero of mine Win Percy, Stuart Graham, Norman Dewis and compere Steve Parrish on the interview podium.

Overall came away pretty impressed, although I was a bit shocked by the toilets going between one of the main halls and the livestock 'shed' where the rally cars and autojumble were. I'll be surprised if someone or other hadn't gone over and cracked something on that mucky floor during the day.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 00:09 (Ref:3031171)   #66
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

As I mentioned earlier, I am looking forward to being there tomorrow ( Sunday) and will look out for any 10/10thers.
Cheers for now.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 01:07 (Ref:3031184)   #67
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulaweybridge View Post
Hi
They put me on Tramadol after the surgery and I suffered all it's adverse effects ...

Paula if it's any consolation I was on 8 a day for 6 months and was like a zombie (more than usual according to my wife)
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Feb 2012, 10:36 (Ref:3031383)   #68
midgetman
Veteran

Greetings again from the Outer Darkness. I managed to get into both Civilisation and the Zone of Extreme Coldness yesterday. Some nice stuff to see. I bought a battery charger for £1, that's the profit spent then.

Did you know Claire Chair passed her test? We sorted her out with natty FIA romper suit and bash hat. All good, don't forget to display your "racewear.co.uk no capitals" sticker Claire!

Ta-ra for a bit as they say up here.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3031408)   #69
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hiya,

Ohmigod, you poor lamb.

That must have been terrible for you.

Couldn't they have put you on anything else such as morphine etc?

Hugs

Paula

PS. I have a penchant for morphine ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Paula if it's any consolation I was on 8 a day for 6 months and was like a zombie (more than usual according to my wife)

Last edited by Paulaweybridge; 26 Feb 2012 at 11:20.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 11:17 (Ref:3031409)   #70
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hi,

Yes I had heard that she had passed her ARDS test.

Great stuff Claire ...

Soon she will beating all you guys up on track as well as in Race Control ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

Did you know Claire Chair passed her test? We sorted her out with natty FIA romper suit and bash hat. All good, don't forget to display your "racewear.co.uk no capitals" sticker Claire!
Old 26 Feb 2012, 13:29 (Ref:3031444)   #71
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Problem now is that no-one dare lap her
Old 26 Feb 2012, 17:39 (Ref:3031531)   #72
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Problem now is that no-one dare lap her
The situation will probably never occur, Claire will no doubt take some tuition and being a woman she'll listen, take notice of what's being said and beat the lot of us.
Old 26 Feb 2012, 21:17 (Ref:3031628)   #73
midgetman
Veteran

Just got home, unloaded the trailer and taken on board a couple of pints of proper Wiltshire beer. Nectar! I can feel my throat recovering nicely. Turned out to be a busy day, indeed a busy weekend. I haven't had so much fun at a show for ages, loads of friends, loads of talking, didn't see much of the rest of the exhibition I was gossiping so much. see you all at Silverstone Classic where we plan another party!
Old 27 Feb 2012, 01:43 (Ref:3031708)   #74
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Ok so...firstly

Who was the official looking photographer who got a pic of me in green 360 shirt, black skirt and high heels trying on my crash hemet at Midgetmans????? I am worried that it will appear in next years Race Retro programme.

Too many to thank but will try

Dave, Elaine, Carol, Terry for starters....for maning 360 and for putting up with me....I dont know what we would do without you....but we would probably do it badly

To Rikki Cann....what can I say, apart from we at 360 luv ya to death,,, you are a star....and so is that car....SOOOO many were taking photos of it....and i did try it out for size.....I think I could have some fun in it!!!.... ,,and IM SOOOOOOO TEMPTED to jump into the E30 with Lauren and get at LEAST BEST IN CLASS at this years 360!!!....however....im not allowed

To Eamonn ....what can I say....thank you for your offer....we will announce to all later in the week....you are a gentleman

To Everyone who stopped by, said hello, drank wine ...(ohhhh that was just me) ate the chocolate brownies...and the sweets, thank you all very much

To Max...thank you so much...I cant WAIT to put them to good use....and remember...only you and The Fat Clerk know the plan (Mum is the word)

To Whizzo for making me laugh when it suddenly dawned on him that he WAS in the 360....

To Andrew Kitson - for the picture of Rikki Canns Aston....and....for making me very emotional and speechless (which is bloody hard) on the stand when presenting the picture that I love soooo much ......I was fighting back tears...and trying to speak to Dave Addison...its a very emotional combination!!!

And Finally...to JohnGee......for commissioning the picture of me leading the parade lap of the 360.....it was and it is.a lovely surprise that threw me off gaurd and as you know..a beautifull present....but..I more thank JG for making the long trip to RR and for being on that stand for the WHOLE THREE DAYS......Well Done xxxxxx (getting better EVERY DAY!!!)

The show was not a bad one for us, I think everyone maybe feeling the pinch and it was suggested that its becoming "just a glorified museum of classic cars"...well...maybe so but I still enjoy being there .....and thats the second year thats its paid for itself

Last edited by MartinSmith; 27 Feb 2012 at 02:00.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 01:47 (Ref:3031710)   #75
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
The situation will probably never occur, Claire will no doubt take some tuition and being a woman she'll listen, take notice of what's being said and beat the lot of us.
Do I owe you money or something?