Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Mar 2001, 14:47 (Ref:67591)   #1
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The F1 television coverage picture remains cloudy for us in the States. At the 11th hour, the premium cable service, Speedvision, managed to negotiate a deal with Bernie. But as I write this, there will be no coverage available on non-pay channels (though ABC/ESPN are rumored still in play).

It is mystifying beyond belief that at a time when the series is trying to regain a foothold here, on the heels of a successful debut at Indy, Bernie and Company are ****ing around until the last minute with the t-v rights.

Is this the way to retain the loyalty of established fans and, more importantly, help build a new fan base?

Astounding.

Incomprehensible.

Old 2 Mar 2001, 16:21 (Ref:67603)   #2
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand your feeling, Nuvolari!

Last year we hadn't Aussie GP TV-coverage because 2 our chanells was trying to get the rights for the show.

Don't loose the hopes!!! They will show it after all.
Old 2 Mar 2001, 18:44 (Ref:67645)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only upside to this is how miserable it is no doubt making Tony George.

Anything that upsets that little [expletive deleted] is okay by me.

For the rest of y'all I hope it is sorted by the next race.
Old 2 Mar 2001, 21:22 (Ref:67674)   #4
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nuvolari, I sympathize with you and the other American fans' situation.

Last year, I was utterly ****ed off because I couldn't watch CART live but had to settle for edited highlights the following Wednesday (really exciting when you already knew everything that had happened ). Thankfully, this year Eurosport is back with live CART coverage. The situation is comparable, because CART is trying to get a foothold in Europe, while F1 is trying to do the same in the US.

I sincerely hope the situation works out in a satisfactory way for American F1 viewers.
Old 3 Mar 2001, 03:23 (Ref:67689)   #5
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The characterization of Speedvision as pay or even premium is unfair. The cable company makes this distinction, not Speedvision, and unlike channels which are usually pay/premium(hbo), speedvision will suually come in a package of at least 12 other channels depending on your system. Yes it does cost more and isn't in basic cable, but you don't pay directly for SV< you pay for a package containgin it and many other netowrks...in many cases the same package in which you get espn2. It is unfortunate that Fox Sports Net will not broadcast tape delayed races for those whose cable companies do not offer SV(and there are a lot), but that is Fox's decision no doubt for blowing the wad on Nascar. And there's really no other alternative cause any other netowrk would not want to play 2nd fiddle to SV. It is rumored that ABC may simulcast the usgp, but beyond that, i doubt it. But it is better that SV got the package other than abc, as abc was planning on tape delaying most races. It's just a shame that fos sports net did not go along as in past years
Old 3 Mar 2001, 04:10 (Ref:67706)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I second Heel and Toe's comments. Speedvision provides great coverage. It is unfortunate that they are not available on all cable systems, but for those of us who get it, its a blessing.
Old 3 Mar 2001, 11:27 (Ref:67788)   #7
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My F1-loving brother (he lives outside Chicago, I near New York City) and I are considering scrapping cable entirely and getting satellite dishes. They offer attractive packages which include Speedvision.

It may be the best response to a sorry situation.

In the meantime, we're relying on friends to tape Melbourne.

Amazing, isn't it?

Thanks for all your support, my friends.

Let the dicing begin!
Old 3 Mar 2001, 16:51 (Ref:67843)   #8
corvette kid
Rookie

corvette kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a joke!!!I live in a small out of the way place called NYC and i dont get F1.I have tried to get speed .v for over a year and still nothing!I live in a apartment bilding where TIME WARNER CABLE.is my provider but they dont carry speed v and we are not able to have satellite dish!I guess i was the only one wishing ABC got the rights.Look im sure the covrage is better on speed v then abc but a bad somthing is better then a good nothing!
F1 the pinnacle of motor racing isnt available to most of nyc now thats a joke!Oh well i guess one way or another they were gonna make a NASCAR fan out of me! Is this the 21 century?CART/IRL/NASCAR/HERE I COME!