Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 23 Mar 2006, 15:16 (Ref:1558619)   #1
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Grandslammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Castle Combe 25th March

I would like to wish the CCRC good luck in the running of their 'first' meeting,may it go smoothly and safely .
Any visiting Marshals for this one,or will it be the usual motley crew ?
As one of the said crew,I'll be there
Old 23 Mar 2006, 15:20 (Ref:1558622)   #2
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope it goes well too...the Vee's should be most entertaining. I'd have liked to be there, but can't as I have to be at Silverstone for the Stowe circuit meeting.

Enjoy everyone!
Old 23 Mar 2006, 15:20 (Ref:1558623)   #3
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandslammer
Bit of both as I understand it GS.

By the way, a little word to the wise. Keep hold of your programmes, stached neatly away for a few years, they will be worth money in a few years time.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 15:45 (Ref:1558643)   #4
CombeMarshal
Veteran

England
Stroud, Glos
CombeMarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Future Ebay Items!!!!

It's gonna be a corker, and now the public are allowed in we'll have to be on our best behaviour!!

Good luck to all at Castle Combe Racing Club!
(not that you need it!)
Old 23 Mar 2006, 16:31 (Ref:1558675)   #5
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As 1 of the motley crew i wil be there bright and early for breakfast
Old 23 Mar 2006, 19:35 (Ref:1558916)   #6
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes i agree best of luck to them pity the weathers not going to be a bit more kinder,still its looks a superb meeting
Old 23 Mar 2006, 19:36 (Ref:1558919)   #7
PipSqueak111
Racer

England
Deepest, darkest Devon
PipSqueak111 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck to all at Combe on the 25th.

Wish I could be there, but won't be able to get down this year until Easter Monday.
Look forward to being part of a new era at this great circuit.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1558953)   #8
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be there spectating....not sure what changes we'll notice from the meeting itself in terms of the new club except every series will now have a SC in it if necessary
Old 23 Mar 2006, 23:20 (Ref:1559097)   #9
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandslammer
As one of the "others", see y'all there. Here's me practising :

Old 24 Mar 2006, 01:10 (Ref:1559152)   #10
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
I'll be there spectating....not sure what changes we'll notice from the meeting itself in terms of the new club except every series will now have a SC in it if necessary
A safety car?! Vee's wouldn't cope with one of them i don't think they've ever seen one!
Old 24 Mar 2006, 01:37 (Ref:1559166)   #11
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
A safety car?! Vee's wouldn't cope with one of them i don't think they've ever seen one!
they'd have no problem.... just sail past saying........

"who's the poser with the bodywork???"
Old 24 Mar 2006, 07:39 (Ref:1559389)   #12
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
Exactly!! I wasn't joking either....

Stuart - you may be right. The restart would be fun...
Old 24 Mar 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1559482)   #13
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Boogity boogity boogity.

Seriously though I think the safety car regs are a little poorly written. But will explain more on sunday
Old 24 Mar 2006, 11:30 (Ref:1559495)   #14
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Assuming that they are the same as in the Combe FF1600 regs, I would agree. The rules as they stand don't really work for a 10-lap sprint, because if the SC doesn't pick up the leaders then the cars that have to pass it and catch up the field are almost certainly not going to have time to get to the back of the queue in any kind of safe way.
Old 24 Mar 2006, 11:58 (Ref:1559509)   #15
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You gonna join us Snowman?
Old 24 Mar 2006, 12:18 (Ref:1559517)   #16
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm there wearing a hat for that other excellent single-seater formula.
Old 24 Mar 2006, 12:30 (Ref:1559525)   #17
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
Assuming that they are the same as in the Combe FF1600 regs, I would agree. The rules as they stand don't really work for a 10-lap sprint, because if the SC doesn't pick up the leaders then the cars that have to pass it and catch up the field are almost certainly not going to have time to get to the back of the queue in any kind of safe way.
I don't disagree, but there is one thing to take into consideration. I think the operation of the SC at Castle Combe will become very slick over time.

The reason I think this is a significant factor, ironically, is because of the way Combe handled the Black and Yellow flag in comparison with other circuits. Most other clubs tried it and fairly quickly binned it or didn't persist with it because it was percieved to be too much pain in the rear to keep.

Combe took a different attitude and even despite some fairly embarrasing problems, kept training on it, practising it and perfecting it. Eventually the club actually got it working to the original design and started to reap the benefit.

I think CCRC will take the exact same attitude with the Safety Car. You may be right that it is going to be very difficult to get it right from the get go. However, I think that any mistakes made will be carefully analysed, and the proceedure improved until it becomes a fine art. For this reason, I think their efforts should be supported, despite any annoying teething problems they may have.
Old 24 Mar 2006, 13:21 (Ref:1559551)   #18
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
I feel its beter to have a safety car its keeps the time loss down as throwing the red flag just for a beached car at the esses which happend on a couple of occaisions last year seems a pointless stoppage,but in reality its got to be sent out at the right time which was not the case during two rounds of the Brit GT in the past.
I hope it works as i find it so frustrating sitting on the spectator bank waiting for the grid to be resett after a red flag if the race has run under 50% or only seeing half a race cause its 1 or two laps over.
So hopefully this year we'll be getting the full 12 laps during the fford races
Old 25 Mar 2006, 00:36 (Ref:1560010)   #19
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The answer as always is simple. Use the yellows the same way as reds (both ways and 'do it now'), slow everyone down and then pop the SC out safely as the leader pootles up the pit straight. And who cares if they haven't bunched up by the restart? They weren't bunched up before, and no-one's going to actually lose out.
Old 25 Mar 2006, 06:43 (Ref:1560083)   #20
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
correct go to the top of the marshall tree
Old 25 Mar 2006, 21:36 (Ref:1560545)   #21
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
We didn't see one! very clean races by Vee standard especially as it was wetter than a very wet place on wet day. First lap was amazing how little visibility there was Very Very wet.

I did think the SC would come out for the Red Stirm that was parked (looking a bit secondhand) at the second chicane in race one but they left it there for us to slither round.

One of my AHS team mates Neale Hurran had a nasty off at Camp in practice (head on), he's in hospital with a broken leg, but will be ok. His car however was destroyed.

I'm sure he'll be along to thank all the marshals etc.. hiimself but apparently the medics / rescue crew did a fantastic job.
Old 25 Mar 2006, 22:28 (Ref:1560596)   #22
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was down on Avon Rise and saw the incident, glad to hear the driver is ok.
Wishing him a speedy recovery and hope we see him return to race again.
Old 25 Mar 2006, 22:32 (Ref:1560601)   #23
garybirch
Racer

England
Taunton, Somerset UK
garybirch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to hear Neale will recover.
At the marhal's raffle afterwards Adrian said, ' the good news is he'll be in hospital for two weeks with a broken leg, but should be alright after that'! I'd have thought the good news was he didn't lose it! 45 minutes to get him out and cleared up is a big accident in anyone's book.

Apart from the rain and the very small historic grid that ran into the dark hours when we all just wanted to go home really, I think the day was a success for CCRC and I really enjoyed myself.

Much thanks goes to the BMW people who gave out a load of doughnuts, cakes, cookies, sausage rolls (thank God there were no pork pies), crisps and other goodies. Great sports the lot of them!!

Well done Adrian Fawdington for a good first day.
Old 25 Mar 2006, 22:37 (Ref:1560609)   #24
Suze
Veteran

England
It was good fun and p*****g wet in the qualification race but a good first introduction to Vees with the exception of Neale's accident - he was in there for quite a while which is understandable, but best wishes to him...

There wasn't as many touches as I was led to believe there would be beforehand! Bit of a shame the qualification race was *so* wet to that no-one could see, would have been interesting to see what would've happened (and closer racing) in the dry.

Paddock was interesting, still haven't cleaned the last of the mud off....and thanks to AHS for the cups of tea to keep warm, that was good!
Old 25 Mar 2006, 22:51 (Ref:1560619)   #25
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
it was an ace day i really enjoyed it dispite being wet and cold. glad to hear the vee driver is ok hoping he has a speedy recovery. i wasnt there to see the accident i came up the steps to camp as the accident was being cleared up and outta respect i didnt stay around there too long. too bad david krayem has unentered his stelth woulda loved to see that.
my pictures are up on http://www.marktucker.photos.us.com/c902299.html. great job by all the drivers and marshalls too day looked really wet but they all kept it safe and pleasent for us. After the marshall waving at the formula fords at quarry i am renaming you combe merrymen lol. guess this is the new combe forum then one day the proper one will work