Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 May 2007, 13:10 (Ref:1925398)   #26
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Driving Standards sometimes leave a bit to be desired!
Is that important when you ar out at the front
Old 31 May 2007, 13:37 (Ref:1925415)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He's talking about lapping aren't you Terry? (You can send the tenner later )
Old 31 May 2007, 15:40 (Ref:1925492)   #28
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
Is that important when you ar out at the front

The problem,s arise on lapping.
Old 31 May 2007, 15:45 (Ref:1925493)   #29
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
He's talking about lapping aren't you Terry? (You can send the tenner later )
Thanks Pete,It,s times like this when you find out who your friends are.
Old 31 May 2007, 20:43 (Ref:1925659)   #30
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Thanks Pete,It,s times like this when you find out who your friends are.
both having wet dreams about lapping, after a few glasses of splendid whatsoever. hope you come and have a few with us this year in Spa , just to learn some double dutch after.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 00:10 (Ref:1925792)   #31
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like Terry I will assume all the FIA Bs are 1950cc or larger, until the MGCC makes some move towards eligibility scrutineering (and they haven't done so for 20 years so they're not likely to now). That applies to BCV8 and all the other championships. 2100cc 'standard' MGA anyone?

Having won the 60min allcomers handicap in 2002 from flag to flag, I too have voted with my feet and will be with Max and others at Dijon. Driving standards and poor value for money being the drivers. A pity really as MG Silverstone is by far the best car club organised event of the calendar but the MGCC seem to have lost their way on the racing front and driven a lot of competitors elsewhere.

Richard
Old 1 Jun 2007, 01:50 (Ref:1925828)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well tbh I hadn't heard this one so its news to me. I thought they'd opened a class for App K cars, to run within the BCV8 championship.

But you are correct in that it is the best car club event on the calendar.
Old 1 Jun 2007, 06:46 (Ref:1925915)   #33
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
both having wet dreams about lapping, after a few glasses of splendid whatsoever. hope you come and have a few with us this year in Spa , just to learn some double dutch after.
I,m looking forward to it Esper! And yes in my dreams it will rain [only for the race].
Old 1 Jun 2007, 06:57 (Ref:1925923)   #34
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I fully agree that The International is on of the best circuits and indeed ,I have raced with MGCC international since the early 90s,did not miss a year.
I,m no longer a member of the MGCC,couldnt see the point really,but back to subject,there is an app K class,you race on Histos against slick shod V8s!
As I have said before,the engine size problem is down to the individual race organizer,if they allow it etc etc.
Old 4 Jun 2007, 15:07 (Ref:1928526)   #35
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Not sure yet ,but I MIGHT be out in this one[I keep getting nagged to bring the car out!]
Old 19 Jun 2007, 21:00 (Ref:1942052)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'll be there on Friday for a blast to bed some brake pads in. Being a punter on Saturday and racing in the last race on Sunday.

Garage 7a if you want to say hello.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 05:52 (Ref:1942254)   #37
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Peter,have you stopped being sooo negative,?I,ll pop in friday,get Pat to get the kettle on!
Old 20 Jun 2007, 11:13 (Ref:1942427)   #38
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will def be there Sunday only, Goodwood on Fri and other stuff / Brands on Sat so has to be the one day only. Entries look great, first time I will have been to an MGCC meeting
Old 20 Jun 2007, 11:42 (Ref:1942442)   #39
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A late and enforced change of plans means that I'll only be able to make it on Sunday, too. I will try to get some pics up from Sunday's races provided camera continues to function!
Old 21 Jun 2007, 13:37 (Ref:1943389)   #40
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be up there on Saturday - my friend who is racing is going up Thursday night, if I can get a train up Friday night I'll be there with bells on!
Old 21 Jun 2007, 16:34 (Ref:1943495)   #41
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I did,nt realise they were having Morris Dancers there.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 08:54 (Ref:1944022)   #42
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I wasn't cripplingly hungover I would have a witty comeback to that...
Old 22 Jun 2007, 09:49 (Ref:1944065)   #43
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It's raining here so may not bother going out today. I know how it goes in the wet.

So far I've met Tim Falce and had a bacon sandwich.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 12:04 (Ref:1944185)   #44
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Posting from the circuit.. does that mean we now have roving on-site reporters?
Old 22 Jun 2007, 18:11 (Ref:1944447)   #45
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
After I helped him polish the car,he went out this afternoon!!The on-board camera goes in in the morning He,s then going to give a running commentary on the race.
Old 22 Jun 2007, 19:47 (Ref:1944532)   #46
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
@rse!
Old 23 Jun 2007, 20:52 (Ref:1945122)   #47
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Nice to meet Mr Mallett and erm, OMG I've forgotten his name but he had a white shirt on. Alzheimers rules OK.
Warning, what follows is a rant and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Ten-Tenths.
(To be honest, it probably doesn't even represent the opinions of the poster when they aren't ranting.)

Well I think the rain sat over my head all weekend. It rained for both free practises yesterday and we had brilliant sunshine all day today....until 1 lap into my race and we had a monsoon downpour and they stopped the race after 4 laps for no apparent reason other than it was wet just the rain eased. Practises were cut short yesterday after only a few laps in two cases.
Due to that and mainly the very unfriendly attitude of some of the other racers I think this is one meeting I will miss next year.

We now return you to our normal ramblings.
Old 23 Jun 2007, 22:02 (Ref:1945150)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yeah,

We looked for you today but you kept moving. Watched you race and you looked like you were going well, then it rained and it was stopped.

Also sorry to read about the attitudes. We thought that about the MGCC so decided not to build an MGB.

Good to meet up and look forward to seeing you and Uncle Eric at Spa.
Old 23 Jun 2007, 22:54 (Ref:1945172)   #49
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Likewise Falcy.
Old 24 Jun 2007, 20:14 (Ref:1945701)   #50
mark77
Rookie

mark77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, rather than trundling down to Pembrey for my normal series I raced in the 30mins allcomers on Sat.

International circuit is great, much better than the national I normally race on, thought value for money was good (20min test, 20 min practice, 30 min race for £15 more than I pay for 15min race).

However I'm afraid I tend to agree with comments over attitude - found the mgcc ok - but got the impression the guys who shared the garage thought I should be racing at Pembrey not with at Silverstone this weekend (I hasten to add next door were fine though)

Shame about the weather

Mark