Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 24 Jun 2015, 19:31 (Ref:3553689)   #26
Bill Brown
Racer

Bill Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
I think the organizers are trying to encourage as many teams to compete as possible, not discourage them. An extra round in the South Island could make the difference between racing and not racing for some teams I don't doubt.
I'm not suggesting an extra round, all I say is share it around.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 19:46 (Ref:3553691)   #27
Bill Brown
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20b View Post
The circuit may be compliant, but that doesn't mean that it's safe in the views of the drivers, teams and organisers.

The North Island circuits typically have two, three or four rows of tyres then an earth embankment on every corner. Timaru however only one or two for the most part.

For reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI8OJrsffMY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBgtec7awEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI8OJrsffMY

You can't tell me that's safe?
surprise, surprise the Johnny Mac brain fade comes up first.

Great research though, perhaps you should research crashes at other NZ circuits and see what comes up.

Also I suggest that you talk to SCCC officials and find out what improvements have been made in the years since those crashes.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 19:59 (Ref:3553697)   #28
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
I'm not suggesting an extra round, all I say is share it around.
It seems that Toyota is the problem - but I don't see why you can't share the two SI rounds between the various tracks over different seasons.

Someone should just build a bridge over Cook Strait, then I'm sure the whole issue would go away...
Old 24 Jun 2015, 20:14 (Ref:3553702)   #29
Bill Brown
Racer

Quote:
It seems that Toyota is the problem - but I don't see why you can't share the two SI rounds between the various tracks over different seasons.

Someone should just build a bridge over Cook Strait, then I'm sure the whole issue would go away...
Or a tunnel!
Old 25 Jun 2015, 06:06 (Ref:3553790)   #30
Kiwi race fan
Rookie

Kiwi race fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I just hope that when Taupo becomes another Tourist circuit, Manfield gets either flooded away or goes bust & gets bowled over for a Retirement Village and you NI'ers are faced with paying Tony's exhorbant fees to race on his circuits or making the journey South to race, that the South Island circuits that have been loyal to MSNZ and the Tier 1 series tell you to insert it where the sun don't shine!
Old 25 Jun 2015, 18:42 (Ref:3553922)   #31
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi race fan View Post
Well I just hope that when Taupo becomes another Tourist circuit, Manfield gets either flooded away or goes bust & gets bowled over for a Retirement Village and you NI'ers are faced with paying Tony's exhorbant fees to race on his circuits or making the journey South to race, that the South Island circuits that have been loyal to MSNZ and the Tier 1 series tell you to insert it where the sun don't shine!
Hmmm a very negative view of the 'world' as in New Zealand Circuit racing Kiwi Racing Fan.

For a start, I don't think Taupo will be owned by Tony Quinn, and dismissing the future of Manfeild the way you have is also unrealistic, or worse, wishful thinking, Manfeild actually has a lot of commercial activity and the Manfeild Trust issues have little to do with the viability of the circuit as such.

I am concerned at the future of Ruapuna in the longer term, but the scaremonger's suggesting that "its all over bar the shouting" will have egg on their face when its still there in 5 year's time.

Timaru is a fantastic club circuit that consistently punches above it's weight, the safety issue has been blown out of proportion, and the circuit has addressed a lot of the issues that I was personally critical of.

I can say hand on heart the crash's that happened during our SRS meeting earlier this year at Timaru were down to "Red Mist" in the eye's of several of our drivers, not because of the circuit. I am also with Bill Brown on the Johny Mac crash, John was a victim of his own making, i.e.. not driving to the conditions, and I saw that incident unravel right in front of were I was standing that wet and miserable day.
Old 25 Jun 2015, 20:43 (Ref:3553943)   #32
Bill Brown
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hmmm a very negative view of the 'world' as in New Zealand Circuit racing Kiwi Racing Fan.

For a start, I don't think Taupo will be owned by Tony Quinn, and dismissing the future of Manfeild the way you have is also unrealistic, or worse, wishful thinking, Manfeild actually has a lot of commercial activity and the Manfeild Trust issues have little to do with the viability of the circuit as such.

I am concerned at the future of Ruapuna in the longer term, but the scaremonger's suggesting that "its all over bar the shouting" will have egg on their face when its still there in 5 year's time.

Timaru is a fantastic club circuit that consistently punches above it's weight, the safety issue has been blown out of proportion, and the circuit has addressed a lot of the issues that I was personally critical of.

I can say hand on heart the crash's that happened during our SRS meeting earlier this year at Timaru were down to "Red Mist" in the eye's of several of our drivers, not because of the circuit. I am also with Bill Brown on the Johny Mac crash, John was a victim of his own making, i.e.. not driving to the conditions, and I saw that incident unravel right in front of were I was standing that wet and miserable day.
I'm sure the the SCCC team will appreciate your positive comments Mark.

What frustrates me is that people seem assume that nothing changes at Levels, when in fact the opposite is true.

The club has a very forward thinking management group lead by Kevin Pateman and the day to day running of the operation is handled by our dedicated staff of 2 Karen and Howard and Karen runs a very tight ship.

Kevin and his team are always looking at ways to improve the facility for all involved, Competitors, spectators and volunteers.

Also being club based every spare $$$ is re-invested into the sport and property.
Old 25 Jun 2015, 23:20 (Ref:3553977)   #33
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi race fan View Post
What a ridiculous attitude. Time to grow up sunshine, doesn't sound like you are either a Kiwi or a race fan. Talk about throw your toys out of the cot!
Old 20 Jul 2015, 04:45 (Ref:3559645)   #34
Environmentalist177
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
Environmentalist177 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New NZTC News

Following the announcement of the Calendar and the new series being called the New Zealand Touring Cars I found some more news today on Facebook.

TKR now have a SuperTourer (Ex AV8) http://www.v8superfans.co.nz/team-ki...to-a-two-cars/

Nick Ross is getting an aero Update from Nissan Motorsport: http://www.v8superfans.co.nz/nick-ro...om-kelly-bros/
Old 20 Jul 2015, 07:01 (Ref:3559655)   #35
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Environmentalist177 View Post
Following the announcement of the Calendar and the new series being called the New Zealand Touring Cars I found some more news today on Facebook.

TKR now have a SuperTourer (Ex AV8) http://www.v8superfans.co.nz/team-ki...to-a-two-cars/
Typical David John/TKR statement, as in "counting his chickens before they hatch".

As of today, no money has changed hands and AV8's car is now back in Jacko's shed at Kumeu. However, what is true, is that Jacko has agreed to "lease to buy his car" to David John for the coming season, providing of course that David comes up with the agreed to monies to make it all happen

Personally I hope that Mr John is able to put this deal together as it would be great to have Craig Baird back in a competitive V8ST.
Old 20 Jul 2015, 08:37 (Ref:3559676)   #36
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Yes despite DJ having had more than his share of troubles in the past, it would be good to see Bairdo back out there, and the more cars the merrier, of whatever ilk.
Old 20 Jul 2015, 09:59 (Ref:3559689)   #37
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Typical David John/TKR statement, as in "counting his chickens before they hatch".

As of today, no money has changed hands and AV8's car is now back in Jacko's shed at Kumeu. However, what is true, is that Jacko has agreed to "lease to buy his car" to David John for the coming season, providing of course that David comes up with the agreed to monies to make it all happen

Personally I hope that Mr John is able to put this deal together as it would be great to have Craig Baird back in a competitive V8ST.
Once poor old davey john can sell his ole tl he wont have the dollars, baird is not a fighting force anymore. dj couldnt run a tl he sure couldnt run a v8t, north island eduraunce this weekend wont see them.

Last edited by Blackpearl; 20 Jul 2015 at 10:22.
Old 20 Jul 2015, 12:07 (Ref:3559717)   #38
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Sad but probably true.
Old 20 Jul 2015, 19:54 (Ref:3559852)   #39
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Sad but probably true.

Also clouding the issue is that as of right now the TL car [ex my stable] has no engine in it, and at this point time David does not own a a replacement engine to put in that car. One hopes that Alyssa Clapperton's dad knows what he is doing, or it will all end in tears.
Old 21 Jul 2015, 07:17 (Ref:3559945)   #40
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
... One hopes that Alyssa Clapperton's dad knows what he is doing, or it will all end in tears.
So I assume Alyssa won the" (TKR) DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY 2015/16 DRIVER TALENT SEARCH." as the results of the shootout has not been mentioned on their facebook page.
Old 21 Jul 2015, 07:32 (Ref:3559948)   #41
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Also clouding the issue is that as of right now the TL car [ex my stable] has no engine in it, and at this point time David does not own a a replacement engine to put in that car. One hopes that Alyssa Clapperton's dad knows what he is doing, or it will all end in tears.
It begins all over, it will be the same old all over.
Old 21 Jul 2015, 08:43 (Ref:3559959)   #42
Environmentalist177
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
Environmentalist177 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard the David John had a TLX up his sleeve also so they can "Have a go at all 3 Championships"
Old 21 Jul 2015, 08:46 (Ref:3559962)   #43
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His sleeves are big enough to have lots of things up them.
Old 21 Jul 2015, 10:52 (Ref:3559982)   #44
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespur View Post
His sleeves are big enough to have lots of things up them.
Old 22 Jul 2015, 03:00 (Ref:3560173)   #45
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:

My apologies the post above was incorrect, I am now reliably informed that David John's TL car does have an engine, and that Alyssa, will get a chance to drive that car this Friday.
Old 24 Jul 2015, 07:06 (Ref:3560565)   #46
iceagecoming
Rookie

iceagecoming should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
So I assume Alyssa won the" (TKR) DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY 2015/16 DRIVER TALENT SEARCH." as the results of the shootout has not been mentioned on their facebook page.
I honestly don't think there was a shootout. I traveled to Auckland on the second to last day for hotlaps at ideal electrical and set the fastest overall time by around half a second

Was told i'd be contacted for the 'top 3 shootout'

never happened. Then i found this forum...
Old 24 Jul 2015, 20:51 (Ref:3560653)   #47
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceagecoming View Post
...never happened...
I believe you will find anyone who has had dealings with TKR have said those words many, many times before.
Old 3 Aug 2015, 01:18 (Ref:3563402)   #48
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see that TV3's CRC motorsport show will be screening the 'history making' V8 bonanza from Puke back in April, this Sunday the 9th of August.

I don't know why it is so delayed, but maybe the people behind NZTC see this as a good time to remind people that V8 racing is not dead, and this is what it should roughly look like when the calendar kicks off.

That's my take on it anyway.

It will be nice if the production is good, seeing as its been 4 months in the making/editing/polishing etc.

Hope you're all well. Spring is around the corner, and so is NZTC
Old 4 Sep 2015, 04:59 (Ref:3571275)   #49
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Hi everyone, long time innit!

Have I missed something somewhere? I say this because I just got the HRC newsletter, which says that the "Premier Motorsport Series" is being run by HRC Events over the summer!

I can't find mention of it anywhere else though (and you'd think it would have appeared on here wouldn't you?) certainly not on MSNZ's God-awful site or the NZV8 Touring Cars site, but then that isn't really saying much.

If this is indeed the case then I expect we should actually and finally get a really good summer of racing to go and watch!
Old 4 Sep 2015, 22:09 (Ref:3571449)   #50
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Premier Motorsport
- what is it?

HRC Events has been working very hard to make the first, united and integrated Premier Motorsport series a season to remember. It is great the various V8 series are working together now to bring one field of these amazing V8 machines to the best motorsport meetings.

One of our major innovations has been to vary the program at each of the meetings so that spectators will see a variety of classes racing. We have also included classes which in the past have not had the chance to run at these premier events. We have also included many more classes than would usually run at a modern top 'tier' race meeting with eight, nine and occasionally ten categories running. This means back-to-back action but we are sure that if we are to please the spectators the sport still has, and attract more, this is a change that has to be made.

HRC Events has not done all of this on its own. It's taken hard work and cooperation from a number of organisations and indeed individuals. The Series Owners Group, or SOG, is a new initiative chaired by Peter Johnston. PJ has been assisted by Owen Evans and the group includes Toyota, Ssangyong and UDC V8 Utes, as well as the V8 group, which will now race together under the New Zealand Touring Car banner. The Circuit owners have always had COG which is an informal group of the NZ Circuit Owners. MSNZ is also on board and very supportive and right in the middle of all this is HRC Events Ltd, a new company set up to promote the events and catalyse the various groups together and work collectively for the betterment of the sport.

With all the various groups working closely together, some pretty exciting events are going to take place. We have also worked hard to space the events out and ensure classes get an opportunity to run on all the tracks. The Toyota series needs five weekends in a row for the internationals so the Toyota meetings are the exception but by having different classes at the Toyota meetings this has not created a problem.

It's what everyone wanted - united motorsport meetings with everyone playing in the same playground. Make the most of it and come along and enjoy the show.