Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Apr 2017, 14:08 (Ref:3729303)   #1976
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see you also collect the yearbooks, real fun collecting them of all the years visiting.
Old 3 May 2017, 06:46 (Ref:3730689)   #1977
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Preston Henn (1931-2017) has died.
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/in-memoriam-preston-henn-1931-2017/
Old 5 May 2017, 17:10 (Ref:3731282)   #1978
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Due to change of plan by one member of our party, I have available one General Entrance and one Tribune 34 (above pits section D) at face value - Euro 61.50 plus Euro 95.00.
PM me if interested.
Milton Keynes or can possibly meet in central London.
Old 16 May 2017, 19:51 (Ref:3733924)   #1979
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I generally always sleep to little, so I come up with an idea before LM:
I will go to sleep 1 hour earlier every day, so that I will have about 30 hours less of conscious life left but also more than 1 whole day less waiting to THE Race!
Old 16 May 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3733931)   #1980
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Seems legit
Old 17 May 2017, 18:14 (Ref:3734107)   #1981
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a sound idea to get a little more sleep in the run up. Obviously for those there all week there are late nights on Wednesday and Thursday, but I try to get a decent early night on the other nights, particularly the Friday as I know that when I wake up on Saturday morning, I won't be sleeping again until about 10 pm on Sunday night...... (Not counting the occasional nodding dog in the grandstand at about 1-2 pm on Sunday afternoon!). I've always said that the night hours are just too wonderful to miss and I would strongly suggest (particularly to newbies) that as you have every other night of the year to sleep, don't waste race night at Le Mans (and don't render yourself so comatose with alcohol that you can't enjoy it!).
Old 17 May 2017, 18:21 (Ref:3734112)   #1982
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i agreed the nights are magical but now days i always think that the best time is sunrise and therefore i usually grab a couple of hours kip and then get up just before sunrise, been same routine now for many years
Old 17 May 2017, 18:24 (Ref:3734113)   #1983
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Each to his own Simon, those who've been many times will have their own routine. I just want to encourage those with little or no experience to cherish the 'best bits'!
Old 17 May 2017, 18:50 (Ref:3734119)   #1984
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i totally agree Andrew, doing the full 24 hours is a must if you can, but if you are driving home on sunday after the race like me then perhaps not such a good idea. But for those in their early years of le mans doing the 24 hours is a must try
Old 17 May 2017, 18:57 (Ref:3734121)   #1985
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That's true Simon, as we now stay on Sunday night and make a leisurely return on Monday I tend to forget the sleep needs of drivers! I well remember when I used to go with the Tourists how the front passenger in each car would always be given the 'Keep the driver awake' responsibility - while I snored for the entire journey. We never used to go back on Sunday night, but we did drive to the coast, usually to stay in Cancale.
Old 17 May 2017, 18:58 (Ref:3734122)   #1986
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just don't stay awake for 48 hours and fall asleep at the start!
Old 17 May 2017, 19:13 (Ref:3734127)   #1987
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
I did the full 24 from home last year by expending as little energy as possible and watching the overnight stint from bed with my laptop and a cup of coffee.

I'll have to fill up on more coffee at the track then... plus I'll need to stay awake long enough after the race to get to the TGV and then to my hotel in Paris and remain awake enough to set the alarm to catch the plane home in the morning. A strategy will need to be devised.
Old 17 May 2017, 20:08 (Ref:3734133)   #1988
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
...Not counting the occasional nodding dog in the grandstand ....
"I was just resting my eyes..."
Old 17 May 2017, 21:17 (Ref:3734136)   #1989
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Exactly........
Old 18 May 2017, 06:19 (Ref:3734169)   #1990
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
it is acceptable to rest your eyes during safety car periods or FCY's
Old 18 May 2017, 08:58 (Ref:3734206)   #1991
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
I never rest my eyes, but I have been known to undertake a close visual examination of the inside of my eyelids.
Old 18 May 2017, 11:11 (Ref:3734236)   #1992
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Those sort of visual inspections are usually accompanied by snoring sounds
Old 22 May 2017, 18:07 (Ref:3735316)   #1993
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
For all those brits wanting to see where we will be in a few weeks time channel 5 now showing motogp from le mans
Old 22 May 2017, 21:43 (Ref:3735354)   #1994
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Not enough wheels.....
Old 22 May 2017, 21:44 (Ref:3735355)   #1995
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Unusually, I'm still waiting for my ACO renewal paperwork to arrive from the ACO (it always runs out at the end of May for me). I've normally had it weeks ago. Can anyone tell me the English speaking phone number at the ACO?
Old 22 May 2017, 23:35 (Ref:3735371)   #1996
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I've a number listed in my contacts on my phone: +33243402540.
It has been in my contacts for ages, so it might not be that up to date anymore...
Old 23 May 2017, 06:56 (Ref:3735421)   #1997
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
that is the number i used for classic tickets last year
Old 23 May 2017, 17:41 (Ref:3735518)   #1998
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Great, thanks guys. I've emailed the ACO (no reply as yet) and made contact with them as well via their FB page (acknowledged - automatically, but no reply as yet). Phone call tomorrow, I think.
Old 23 May 2017, 19:50 (Ref:3735539)   #1999
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Ringing the main switchboard 0033 2 43 40 50 60 always works for me. These days they always seem to speak English to a standard that puts my French to shame. They will always pass you to someone who will help if needs be.
My membership expires at the end of July, but they emailed me trying to get me to pay for renewal on 10th of this month, so you may have slipped through the net.
They may not be there on Thursday - it's a public holiday.
Old 23 May 2017, 20:35 (Ref:3735556)   #2000
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks Christopher. I'll give that number a try tomorrow.