Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 10 Aug 2004, 16:48 (Ref:1062350)   #26
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
As I recall the ACO insisted that the two films cameras were "real" competitors, or as real as possible anyway.

I have to say I was cheering the Panoz, which was beating the Lola for some time.

FG
I recall reading one driver saying it was frustrating sometimes to have to "follow the script" in terms of how they drove near each other during the race, and to sometimes having other cars getting into the dice.

would be interesting to see one day.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 18:00 (Ref:1062408)   #27
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by djb
I recall reading one driver saying it was frustrating sometimes to have to "follow the script" in terms of how they drove near each other during the race, and to sometimes having other cars getting into the dice.

would be interesting to see one day.
There's so few LM shots (IMO) that I still ask to myself why there were so many 'script indications'...

If there's nothing for LM fans, the pictures are splendid, and I still hope that they use the 'real stuff' for something else...
Old 10 Aug 2004, 18:05 (Ref:1062410)   #28
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
hey Fab, did you read the comic when you were young. I seem to remember seeing in the book some Vaillent examples that looked very early 60's, with racing cars at Lemans I think with the old pits. Was it popular like Tintin or Asterix?
Old 10 Aug 2004, 22:34 (Ref:1062612)   #29
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vaillant comics were quite popular under the boys if I'm not mistaken. I once read in a interview with Alboreto, that his son didn't realize that his father was famous untill he saw him in a Vaillant comic
Old 6 Sep 2004, 11:25 (Ref:1088033)   #30
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to resurrect this topic; but having seen the movie now I very much want to tell the world about what complete and utter cr*p it is. Visually it is sometimes quite nice but that's not enough to save what has turned out to be a sorry excuse for loads of special effects and explosions. The acting is mediocre at best. But what is much worse for a race fan is that those who conjured up the script obviously had no clue about racing, or rallying, or driving motorcars in general.

What's worse, it messes with the formula, and the spirit, of the comic books in a revolting manner. where the comic books have always advocated fairness, the very first scene we see is a Vaillante pushing another car off the track (as you do, right?); it goes on in this manner. Did the Graton family contribute anything to this movie other than a few trademarks? Racing is portraied as an adolescent adrenaline rush. It's all about the crashes, why didn't I notice that all along?

If you are thinking about buying the DVD, don't. It is a waste of money.
Old 6 Sep 2004, 12:31 (Ref:1088097)   #31
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I bought the DVD - not speaking much french I enjoyed it as the plot was easy to follow.
Old 6 Sep 2004, 15:06 (Ref:1088241)   #32
mikmx
Racer

Netherlands
rotterdam
mikmx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The in car bonus lap footage on the dvd is pretty nice in my opinion. Pity they are both in-laps. Movie isn't that bad.