Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Nov 2014, 15:00 (Ref:3479594)   #1
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Questions about booking?

Hi there, I was currently booking my second trip to Le Mans but this time I'm camping and I kept on getting some errors on some things.

Firstly, When I tried to select my campsite it said that the only one available is AA EPINETTES. As I wanted to go for the Green section so therefore I'm close to the Village and the Paddocks if I wanted a trip into the areas later in the evening.

Secondly, When I finished our booking and tried to select the delivery it kept on saying that I can't go for either ENVOI SECURISE EUROPE/MONDE when I obviously do live in both Europe and the World. As I live in the United Kingdom. Scotland in fact.

So if someone could help me with this it would be grateful for me and my family.

Joshua
Old 28 Nov 2014, 15:13 (Ref:3479596)   #2
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaLeMans View Post
Firstly, When I tried to select my campsite it said that the only one available is AA EPINETTES. As I wanted to go for the Green section so therefore I'm close to the Village and the Paddocks if I wanted a trip into the areas later in the evening.
Houx/TR/Maison Blanche/Bleu/etc. are sold out already from the website and can only be acquired through agencies sadly.
Old 28 Nov 2014, 15:17 (Ref:3479599)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hi joshua,

as victor says, unfortunately most of the campsites have already sold out if you buy directly from the aco. if you're looking for another site your best bet is to contact one of the official ticket agents like 1st tickets or travel destinations who can put you on their presale list. it does cost more but you're much more likely to be able to secure the tickets you want.

regarding ticket delivery, it might be easier just to collect the tickets when you arrive at the circuit unless you and the family are doing a quick trip. that's what i'm doing with our grandstand tickets, we'll pitch up and then head over when we arrive.
Old 28 Nov 2014, 15:32 (Ref:3479601)   #4
JoshuaLeMans
Rookie

JoshuaLeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheers guys. Booked my tickets now!

Another question for you guys. Are people allowed to stay in the campsite for another night on the Sunday. As I don't really want to drive back on the Sunday to be really tired as I will have been awake for well over 24 hours.
Old 28 Nov 2014, 15:57 (Ref:3479611)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you can, but depending on which site you're in will depend on how much of your stuff you will want to have locked away safely in the boot away from prying eyes and grubby hands. if you get my drift.

personally i drive back on the sunday evening fine, with a couple of hours kip overnight during the race. but i also do calais-austria in one hit, so ymmv
Old 28 Nov 2014, 16:59 (Ref:3479622)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
As said the campsites start to empty pretty quick on sunday, but the more secure sites will still have plenty of people around on sunday so if you can try and get a space on one of them
Old 28 Nov 2014, 18:37 (Ref:3479661)   #7
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't speak for what Epinettes will be like in terms of pitches/security/facilities but location-wise it's a decent shout. Not really a lot worse than either Houx site - it's just across the road in fact from what I can tell.

Easy access to the trams and supermarkets. I'd rather camp there than a lot of sites.
Old 28 Nov 2014, 21:47 (Ref:3479732)   #8
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, Epinettes should be a good choice.
There is always security risk especially on sundayevening, because of that we stay at our campsite and let the whole week pas by again. Love it.
Old 2 Dec 2014, 19:45 (Ref:3481173)   #9
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
you can, but depending on which site you're in will depend on how much of your stuff you will want to have locked away safely in the boot away from prying eyes and grubby hands. if you get my drift.
Yep, made that mistake a couple of years back.
Went to a bar after the race, came back after a couple of drinks to find my entire tent gone.
Luckily all my stuff was in my car boot (except sleeping bag), but my brother had left his worn clothes in there and lost quite a bit.

Still, wouldn't expect someone to steal the actual tent though.