Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Jun 2016, 19:58 (Ref:3650108)   #1
DrWiWi
Rookie

Belgium
Neerpelt Belgium
DrWiWi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trouble with Campsites?

Word is coming to me from some marshals at Le Mans that there are problems with flooded campsites for thousands of campers.

Can anyone at the track shed some light on this?
Old 15 Jun 2016, 20:00 (Ref:3650111)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ours is OK, at best. However I could see it being worse elsewhere. Fortunately we arrived with Quattro.

Old 16 Jun 2016, 08:41 (Ref:3650395)   #3
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Old 16 Jun 2016, 09:01 (Ref:3650396)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good facilities then. Campsite comes with swimming.

Posted from Le Mans on some magical electronic device XT-43-F
Old 16 Jun 2016, 09:03 (Ref:3650397)   #5
DrWiWi
Rookie

Belgium
Neerpelt Belgium
DrWiWi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone with a sit rep on Bleu Nord?
Old 16 Jun 2016, 09:48 (Ref:3650412)   #6
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some biggish puddles in Houx itself but nothing major, if you're in a numbered place you should be fine.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 10:26 (Ref:3650424)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
friends are arriving at houx numbered imminently in a rather powerful sportscar. are they going to struggle to get in and out do we reckon?
Old 17 Jun 2016, 05:38 (Ref:3650844)   #8
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lots of puddles and mud in the various sites but plenty of dry spots. This is one time that having a reserved spot in Houx might be a bad thing as you are stuck with your allocated space whether it is knee deep in water or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19 Jun 2016, 17:34 (Ref:3653523)   #9
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm on HA and beside the swimmingpool the camp is perfect. ACO knows the spots that get wet on this site, no campers are placed in those locations. Overall I'm pretty happy overhere, I'll be back next year.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 09:27 (Ref:3653778)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
TR was OK with only a few places that were really bad but with no allocated spaces people just squeased in with others, we had a few puddles after the heaviest rain but no real problems
Old 20 Jun 2016, 10:55 (Ref:3653799)   #11
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Houx annexe had some bad places as had Houx where we were camping.
Luckily we arrived early in the week so we could pick a better spot then was reserved.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 10:57 (Ref:3653800)   #12
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
The total lack of traffic coordination after the race was a disgrace to the organisation!
it took us two hours just to get out of Houx campsite and outside it was an even bigger mess!
Old 20 Jun 2016, 11:22 (Ref:3653804)   #13
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was part of a group in Bleu Sud. On all previous years we've been in Maison Blanche, but there was no room there this year due to the paddock expansion into the area, so we ended up in Bleu Sud which was a little disappointing as we were no longer beside the track.

Bleu Sud was OK, though there was a big puddle in one corner of our pitch and a large proportion of the rest of it was comprised of a thin layer of loose dirt (2 to 3 cm) over a concrete base, so banging tent posts in was a real struggle.

As an aside I had a quick walk through Maison Blanche on Saturday afternoon. Real shame that they have now fenced off the corner opposite Karting, as that was a great spot to view from. I also had no idea that the Porsche Curves were now a private campsite as well, very disappointing to be turned away from there.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 11:49 (Ref:3653813)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I don't think that Porsche curves (on the inside of the track) is private viewing. The bank hat you see there wasn't even checked for tickets. Although you have to walk a long way through campsites to get to it. You start at the roundabout near the car wash and karting entrance.

Posted from Le Mans on some magical electronic device XT-43-F
Old 20 Jun 2016, 13:16 (Ref:3653831)   #15
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I don't think that Porsche curves (on the inside of the track) is private viewing. The bank hat you see there wasn't even checked for tickets. Although you have to walk a long way through campsites to get to it. You start at the roundabout near the car wash and karting entrance.
Bugger! Kicking myself if that's the case, as I didn't know there was viewing there! I have always gone to the outside of the Porsche curves. I didn't make it down there last year, so I was really keen to get there in 2016: I walked down there only to be turned around!
Old 20 Jun 2016, 20:15 (Ref:3653939)   #16
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
The total lack of traffic coordination after the race was a disgrace to the organisation!
it took us two hours just to get out of Houx campsite and outside it was an even bigger mess!
It is the same every year, that is,why we decided many years ago to drive home on monday. If you have a extra holiday day(?) to spare, I advise you to do that.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 11:14 (Ref:3654130)   #17
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Agree they could usefully put more staff on the exit process and perhaps limiting the number of lorries trying to get in to start dismantling until spectators have left might work?

That said having watched the end from Dunlop Grandstand, walked by to Tertre Rouge, final ablutions, and heading off, we were free flowing on the D323 by 1540, so can't really grumble too much.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 14:08 (Ref:3654173)   #18
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's always like this - Houx, Houx Annexe, Epinettes and the camping sauvage sites all converge in to one big melting pot... Everyone gets annoyed, etc.. Alternatively we've parked on the road on Sunday morning and then this eases your getaway by an hour or so as you don't have to contend with around 3-4 streams of traffic all trying to exit at the same point and then contend with HA and then with Epinettes...

I think it would have been a bit better but for 3 cars which had been stopped on the road from Houx to Antares by Security - for reasons unknown to us... 2 UK vehicles and a French one.. This hampered the traffic quite a bit.

TBH it used to be a lot worse than this!!
Old 21 Jun 2016, 15:29 (Ref:3654203)   #19
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Indeed EPS. Once the traffic from Houx/Epinettes/Technoparc/etc has merged you then get to the Antarres roundabout and have to stop to let the streams of spectators cross the road towards the tram station. The next section around the stadium isn't too bad but just past the Tertre Rouge Bar the junction onto the bypass is terrible. The signs are confusing - none that direct to towards Alencon/Rouen/Calais that most departing tourists would expect, it's only because I know you have to turn right that I get in the right (in both senses of the word) lane. Then, having picked a lane it's a very steep slope and everyone comes to a halt at the top despite there being Cops waving you out.

That said. It was 'only' about an hour and a half to get from parked in the campsite to the open road. Unless you've got an unreliable car you might as well queue rather than sit around for another couple of hours in the campsite and have a slightly shorter queue later.
Old 21 Jun 2016, 15:57 (Ref:3654217)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
We watched the end of the race and walked back into the camp had a leak got in the car and headed out, slow headway through the masses of people towards the exit at tertre rouge corner then straight out past carrefore then turn left onto inner ring road, onto the d338 and past beaumont about 3.45ish
Old 22 Jun 2016, 08:02 (Ref:3654372)   #21
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
we were turned right at the exit at Houx, so had to drive down past technopark/karting. we used about 1-1,5 hour to reach open road, but from there the trafic was good. left Houx at 04.15 to Kolding, Denmark at 6.15 so no problem with the driving home.
Old 22 Jun 2016, 14:08 (Ref:3654440)   #22
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
we were turned right at the exit at Houx, so had to drive down past technopark/karting. we used about 1-1,5 hour to reach open road, but from there the trafic was good. left Houx at 04.15 to Kolding, Denmark at 6.15 so no problem with the driving home.
Blimey 2 hours, what were you driving
Old 22 Jun 2016, 21:14 (Ref:3654540)   #23
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
Just for the reference, I do not remember a single minute of the 1-1.5 Hours to reach open road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Blimey 2 hours, what were you driving
PM and AM, Simon, why do you brits always have to make it difficult