Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 27 Feb 2017, 10:22 (Ref:3715047)   #1
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Santa Pod

Went there on Saturday and didn't recognise the place, 3 huge Wind Turbines have been built onsite and really dwarf the place.
Old 27 Feb 2017, 10:48 (Ref:3715062)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They spent a lot of money there a few years ago now and it does get used an awful lot for all sorts of events.

Did not know about the wind turbines, can't imagine it is a big problem. Maybe they are looking at being green seeing as though the sport they have there is pretty much the non greenest it's possible to have other than tractor pulling!! And if it supplies them their own power, good business decision and a nod to the green lobbyists.

One of the better club level venues, always friendly staff in my experience, and there is plenty of choice with regard to food and stuff. Bogs have always been a nightmare there, especially on big event days.

But, a great venue for all sorts of events, and I am damn sure they make a bunch more money there than most race tracks!! They certainly move with the times far more than tracks do.
Old 27 Feb 2017, 11:31 (Ref:3715080)   #3
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All the Marshals got a free lunch on Saturday, it was a serious plateful and as I've said before in my opinion the canteen at the Pod has taken on Mallory's mantle as the best food around.

I don't think the track are getting anything out of the Turbines, because they are in the fields that the circuit rent.
Old 27 Feb 2017, 14:49 (Ref:3715120)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh I see, as I said actually quite a clever business decision as it happened!!

Don't know who owns Santa Pod
Old 7 May 2017, 18:46 (Ref:3732015)   #5
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Oh I see, as I said actually quite a clever business decision as it happened!!

Don't know who owns Santa Pod
According to Companies House it is leased by Trakbak Racing https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...77752/officers

Keith Bartlett seems to be the main person, he was/is the promotor for the FIA European Drag Racing Championship.