Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Oct 2010, 20:15 (Ref:2767918)   #51
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Looks like a Lambo.

Great to see Lotus back with a supercar.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 23:19 (Ref:2767993)   #52
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just exactly how confirmed are the Lotus LMP and or GT2/3 plans confirmed? If so, what would they use for the GT cars?
Old 5 Oct 2010, 23:37 (Ref:2770036)   #53
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Claudio Berro was brought into replicate with Lotus what he did at Ferrari/Maserati, Paolo Catone is one of the best designers out there and Johnny Mowlem has been testing the Lotus Evora GT4 and talking about more ambitious Lotus motorsport plans for some time.................

It's just that few have been taking note.

The first GTE will be based on the Evora the successor is likely to be the Esprit.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 05:08 (Ref:2770092)   #54
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Basically an under-reported program. I wish Lotus all the luck that I can, and hope to see them be a competitive force in their future.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 20:02 (Ref:2771022)   #55
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
More detail according to Autosport.

The Evora GT2 will be available next year. Work has already started, Dallara are involved with the aero development, and according to Claudio Berro 'The car will be ready for the beginning of the season. We have requests for five cars and maybe we will see it at Le Mans'

The LMP2 is expected to run by the end of next summer, and may do a couple of end-of-season 2011 races in preparation for 2012. A factory team will do selected races, including Le Mans, but they're aiming to sell customer cars. Berro says 'We will run our own team for development purposes, but it will not be a team that does a full championship. We will leave that to our customers'
The engine is a 4-litre V6, based on the unit used in the Evora Cup GT4. Cosworth are developing it for both GT2 and LMP2 use.

The second GT2 car is based on the new Esprit, and is expected to replace the Evora in late 2013/2014
Old 7 Oct 2010, 20:13 (Ref:2771030)   #56
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So you'd imagine the LMP2 will get a run out at the Autosport 1000km.
Old 8 Oct 2010, 01:27 (Ref:2771176)   #57
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is the 4.0 V6 turbocharged?
Old 8 Oct 2010, 06:55 (Ref:2771267)   #58
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Is the 4.0 V6 turbocharged?
No. The displacement for turbocharged LMP2 engines is limited to 3.2 liter.
Old 8 Oct 2010, 09:09 (Ref:2771338)   #59
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
So you'd imagine the LMP2 will get a run out at the Autosport 1000km.
Makes sense. Having read the press blurb, my guess is that they are aiming to debut the car there.
Old 8 Oct 2010, 11:29 (Ref:2771378)   #60
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Makes sense. Having read the press blurb, my guess is that they are aiming to debut the car there.
Yes that was my first guess when they mentioned 'a couple' of end-of-year races- Silverstone debut then Petit?

Interesting that they mention having had requests for five cars for the GT2 Evora. Wonder who the customers might be?
Old 8 Oct 2010, 17:44 (Ref:2771545)   #61
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
No. The displacement for turbocharged LMP2 engines is limited to 3.2 liter.
I'll be impressed if they can get 450bhp+ out of a 4.0 V6.

The only similar engines in recent years are the 2.5 V6's from the DTM/ITC cars.

I take it the Evora will run as light as possible with narrorwer tyres which is against the trend started by Porsche in GT2.
Old 8 Oct 2010, 17:51 (Ref:2771551)   #62
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

The only similar engines in recent years are the 2.5 V6's from the DTM/ITC cars.
And Porsches DP-engines. The flat-sixes there make (depending on your source) between 520 and 540 bhp
Old 9 Oct 2010, 19:32 (Ref:2772126)   #63
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I take it the Evora will run as light as possible with narrorwer tyres which is against the trend started by Porsche in GT2.
They are getting 400hp out of an NA 4.0 V6 right now in the evora gt4 no?
Old 11 Oct 2010, 20:32 (Ref:2773371)   #64
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Would anyone like to mock up what the Evora GT2 will possibly look like?
Old 11 Oct 2010, 20:40 (Ref:2773374)   #65
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Would anyone like to mock up what the Evora GT2 will possibly look like?
If i can find the time ill do a quick sketch. But wont promise anything.
Old 8 Mar 2011, 02:21 (Ref:2841894)   #66
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was browsing Racecar Engineering earlier and came across an article about the new Lotus Evora GT concept. In this piece it states "n 2012 the programme gets significantly more challenging with the Rolex 24 at Daytona on the schedule."
So Lotus is going to GrandAm?
Old 8 Mar 2011, 23:48 (Ref:2842407)   #67
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought I had seen something in another article about trying to run in the Daytona 24. I had assumed they were converting a GT3/4 car into a Daytona GT-spec car but the last line of the article says the 2012 GARRA GT class becomes FIA GT3 spec. Did I miss an announcement as that seems like a big swing in rules and opens the door for a lot of variety in the series next year.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 01:30 (Ref:2842444)   #68
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I thought I had seen something in another article about trying to run in the Daytona 24. I had assumed they were converting a GT3/4 car into a Daytona GT-spec car but the last line of the article says the 2012 GARRA GT class becomes FIA GT3 spec. Did I miss an announcement as that seems like a big swing in rules and opens the door for a lot of variety in the series next year.
I think that last line in the article has some "truthyness" to it, but what it meant to say is that GA wants gt3 spec cars to make some modifications and then they can run in GA. Ferrari has already announced compliance with a GA version of the 458, and so I guess Lotus could do the same. this would likely be a customer program, so Lotus would have to have takers on the GA variant.
Old 21 Mar 2011, 12:11 (Ref:2850526)   #69
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If they are thinking seriously in LMP 2 2012 Le Mans the car must be on track in 2011, so said that, is ther any new developement on the car????

Will be a factory effort or a costumer program???
Old 21 Mar 2011, 12:24 (Ref:2850535)   #70
KA
Veteran

IIRC it was originally announced as a customer programme, though there was a suggestion of a factory development car appearing at some races
Old 21 Mar 2011, 17:25 (Ref:2850699)   #71
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
If they are thinking seriously in LMP 2 2012 Le Mans the car must be on track in 2011, so said that, is ther any new developement on the car????

Will be a factory effort or a costumer program???
It was said the car will compete later this season with the factory, if the engine comes from the Evora GTE that should help with development.
Old 22 Mar 2011, 01:34 (Ref:2850928)   #72
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
A customer program alone won't work well. The factory will need to get involved at some point.
Old 23 Mar 2011, 02:33 (Ref:2851616)   #73
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It was said the car will compete later this season with the factory, if the engine comes from the Evora GTE that should help with development.
Johnny Mowlem told me at Sebring that they are aiming to run the LMP2 later this year (Petit) but realistically he figures likely not till 2012. It will be a factory effort.
The 2 Evora's will compete in this year's ILMC as a privateer effort by Jet Alliance as previously announced. They are seeking funded drivers. Lotus will provide Johnny N/C as a factory driver but he will not bring any funding.
Old 23 Mar 2011, 12:23 (Ref:2851815)   #74
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would be strange to take the car all the way to Road Atlanta when they could just roll one out at Silverstone. Depends where it is being built I suppose.
Old 23 Mar 2011, 12:52 (Ref:2851829)   #75
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lotus are trying to break into the American markets, though. Win on Sunday and all that...