Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Feb 2015, 04:11 (Ref:3506458)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2016 Liqui Moly Bathurst 12 Hour: 4-7 February

Confirmed!

Lets Go...!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 Feb 2015, 04:40 (Ref:3506468)   #2
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woohoo!

It has also been confirmed that Channel 7 will be broadcasting it again.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 05:15 (Ref:3506477)   #3
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Still planning on coming. Will have to clear February 1-20 or something though to spend a bit more time visiting stuff down under around the race.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 05:19 (Ref:3506480)   #4
Finski
Rookie

Finland
Australia
Finski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't wait! I'll definitely be camping there again!
Old 19 Feb 2015, 05:24 (Ref:3506481)   #5
msd76
Rookie

msd76 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are we hoping to see next year? (apart from not seeing the safety every hour)
Old 19 Feb 2015, 05:35 (Ref:3506483)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hingo View Post
Woohoo!

It has also been confirmed that Channel 7 will be broadcasting it again.
Speedcafe Article Here

Not confirmed if #7 are broadcasting all 12 hours again
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 Feb 2015, 05:38 (Ref:3506484)   #7
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by msd76 View Post
What are we hoping to see next year? (apart from not seeing the safety every hour)
As far as entries/drivers go, additions that will attract the punters and are a distinct probability will be more Macca's, Nismo bringing another GTR, at least 1 Camaro and i wouldn't be surprised to see at least 8-10 main game V8SC drivers entered.
Will be interesting to see if T8 look after a car or 2 this time ?
Old 19 Feb 2015, 05:52 (Ref:3506485)   #8
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
changes for 2016
1 Id like to be there, but timing doesnt suit so unlikely
2. Say goodbye to class D,E,F. Reckon we have out grown it
3. Top ten shoot out. Its such a key part of Bathurst history and provides a good media package for saturday
4. I really didnt think the rx8s added to the event They are a bit old
5. The new merc would be nice but not sure where it will come from. Not sure betty will have one by then, and if not her then who?
6. would like to see the podium on tv
7. Chaz Nickand Scott
8 Some driver with WEC experience that have an australiasian link
9 Entire coverage on Mate, so we dont have to flick
Old 19 Feb 2015, 06:00 (Ref:3506489)   #9
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I'll get off my ass this year and organise my campsite when they open and not over Xmas haha

Can't wait!!
Old 19 Feb 2015, 06:07 (Ref:3506493)   #10
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I'll get off my ass this year and organise my campsite when they open and not over Xmas haha

Can't wait!!
Get ya bum there Thursday
Old 19 Feb 2015, 06:11 (Ref:3506496)   #11
Reload
Veteran

Australia
I'd like to see the final qualifying session be the actual last session of the day, so that there is the expectation and build up throughout the day. With the final qually session being early arvo this year there was a real lack of excitement and atmosphere during the late Saturday hours.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 06:25 (Ref:3506498)   #12
TCR
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
TCR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Final qualifying session or "shootout" as the final event of Saturday would be good from a spectaors point of view, but it doesn't leave a lot of time for repairs should you happen to damage the car during the session.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 06:47 (Ref:3506505)   #13
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCR View Post
Final qualifying session or "shootout" as the final event of Saturday would be good from a spectaors point of view, but it doesn't leave a lot of time for repairs should you happen to damage the car during the session.
I think thats the advantage of the shoot out. Only one car on the track so no traffic issues thus reduced damage issues.

Been a long time since there has been any significant shoot out damage also
Old 19 Feb 2015, 07:01 (Ref:3506513)   #14
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Midweek Motorsport on RLM in the Bathurst review mentioned that the organisers had 'other pans' for the production cars in 2016.... a seperate enduro?

They also indicated the multi-class format will be kept, with emphasis placed on the MARC's and GT4 still being a part of the event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
8 Some driver with WEC experience that have an australiasian link
David Brabham covered that base didn't he?
Old 19 Feb 2015, 07:11 (Ref:3506516)   #15
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Get ya bum there Thursday

Will do!

Looking forward to the 2nd annual tenthers dinner also.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 08:49 (Ref:3506552)   #16
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please no top ten shootout. Leave that to the V8s!

Unless there is a rule change I don't think there is any chance of seeing the new Mercedes.

They aren't even built yet, first teams might see them just before the end of the year.

I bet they will be classed as a 2016 model, everything I've seen points to that.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 09:45 (Ref:3506572)   #17
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Midweek Motorsport on RLM in the Bathurst review mentioned that the organisers had 'other pans' for the production cars in 2016.... a seperate enduro?

They also indicated the multi-class format will be kept, with emphasis placed on the MARC's and GT4 still being a part of the event.

David Brabham covered that base didn't he?
happy for the MARC's and the GT4s to stay ,

and Brabham, while good for the race, is probably not what i was after, seen him in the 1000km race a few times going back a few years.

Was more thinking Webber or Hartley or even Bamber or maybe some Audi LMP 1 drivers thats would be great
Old 19 Feb 2015, 09:54 (Ref:3506577)   #18
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Was more thinking Webber or Hartley or even Bamber or maybe some Audi LMP 1 drivers thats would be great
Hartley raced last year in the 12hr in the United Autosport Audi, and Rene Rast was originally announced to compete in 2015 until he was called into the Audi LMP1 squad for this year, so they replaced him with Stephane Ortelli for last weekend.

I agree they'd be great to see, but i'd guess it depends on the testing schedule for the WEC teams

I reckon the best bet in terms of Audi drivers would be to try and lure the likes of Kristensen, McNish, Dindo or Pirro.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 10:05 (Ref:3506582)   #19
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Hartley raced last year in the 12hr in the United Autosport Audi, and Rene Rast was originally announced to compete in 2015 until he was called into the Audi LMP1 squad for this year, so they replaced him with Stephane Ortelli for last weekend.

I agree they'd be great to see, but i'd guess it depends on the testing schedule for the WEC teams

I reckon the best bet in terms of Audi drivers would be to try and lure the likes of Kristensen, McNish, Dindo or Pirro.
and i wouldnt mind a couple of formula E drivers, but i guess they are mid season so probably wouldnt work
Old 19 Feb 2015, 11:10 (Ref:3506602)   #20
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am a fan of the current 20min Class A session as it is. Chris Mies in particular was great to watch putting in lap after lap - I think that is pretty good theatre.

A top 10 shootout - if channel 7 decided to broadcast it then yes I could handle that.

As has been discussed with the race starting at 5.50am - the earlier the 12 hour guys finish on Saturday the better for mine. A 3 hour production race on Saturday afternoon/evening would do the trick very nicely.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 12:15 (Ref:3506618)   #21
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Webber and Eric Bana

A Kristensen, McNish, ?? line up would be cool!
Old 19 Feb 2015, 12:17 (Ref:3506619)   #22
GroupCAction
Rookie

Australia
Sydney, Australia
GroupCAction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the event does go down the path of Class A/B & C cars i really hope they don't forget where this event came from. It would be great if they can incorporate a mini enduro for the Production Cars on Saturday afternoon.

A 3hr afternoon enduro for all the Evo's, WRX's, HSV's... whatever... Just like the pre GT 12hr days. As this event gets more & more popular i hope they don't lose sight of the grass roots motorsport teams & cars that are in Australia.
A lot of those Production Car teams would relish in the chance again to fight for outright honors & i for one would love to see them again on the Mountain with their own race
Old 19 Feb 2015, 12:24 (Ref:3506620)   #23
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupCAction View Post
If the event does go down the path of Class A/B & C cars i really hope they don't forget where this event came from. It would be great if they can incorporate a mini enduro for the Production Cars on Saturday afternoon.

A 3hr afternoon enduro for all the Evo's, WRX's, HSV's... whatever... Just like the pre GT 12hr days. As this event gets more & more popular i hope they don't lose sight of the grass roots motorsport teams & cars that are in Australia.
A lot of those Production Car teams would relish in the chance again to fight for outright honors & i for one would love to see them again on the Mountain with their own race
That would pretty much mean the loss of all the other supports though.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 12:31 (Ref:3506621)   #24
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupCAction View Post

I guess they could make it a regular season AMchamps round?
Old 19 Feb 2015, 16:59 (Ref:3506702)   #25
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I do know molitor racing still want to come over. They just recently bought a Nissan which will be racing in the Adac gt masters with Florian Strauss on board. Currently want paid drivers at a hefty price of 120k