Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Dec 2016, 14:17 (Ref:3694813)   #201
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stirling Moss is a Mercedes ambassador.......Lewis seems to love him also, he could put a word in for him with Toto & Nikki
Old 8 Dec 2016, 14:48 (Ref:3694818)   #202
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I agree he's a fairly impressive driver, and I''m sad he never really got a chance.
However, he is not THAT young anymore, is he?

he's 25
Old 8 Dec 2016, 16:45 (Ref:3694843)   #203
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Pascal Wehrlein will be in that car ...
Old 8 Dec 2016, 18:31 (Ref:3694855)   #204
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Then why don't they say now?
Old 8 Dec 2016, 19:15 (Ref:3694863)   #205
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
They are looking at other possibilities and there is no rush is there ...
Old 8 Dec 2016, 19:21 (Ref:3694865)   #206
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Here take a look at this ....

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2016...scal-wehrlein/
Old 8 Dec 2016, 21:56 (Ref:3694884)   #207
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
See where you are going here Jeremy, then Merc should just declare that Pascal is in.
Pascal must be thinking he's third rate..picked because everyone else is under contract.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 22:14 (Ref:3694886)   #208
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
See where you are going here Jeremy, then Merc should just declare that Pascal is in.
Pascal must be thinking he's third rate..picked because everyone else is under contract.
Autosport today page 114 priceless
Old 8 Dec 2016, 22:36 (Ref:3694889)   #209
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Page 114? What's that then? Some of us live out of the UK and don't subscribe.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 22:51 (Ref:3694892)   #210
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Autosport today page 114 priceless
See post 191 in this thread.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 23:03 (Ref:3694896)   #211
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Yeah. I believe that ad...
Even Armco Bender has applied.
Old 8 Dec 2016, 23:08 (Ref:3694897)   #212
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Here you go, again:

Click image for larger version

Name:	f1-mercedes-amg-f1-driver-advert-2016-mercedes-amg-f1-driver-advert.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	48693
Old 8 Dec 2016, 23:13 (Ref:3694898)   #213
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
Sorry. They are having a laugh Mike. A super license "may" (?) be an advantage?
Who put that joke ad in then? I don't believe it..
Who believes all this?
Drives available?? Ha!
Old 8 Dec 2016, 23:22 (Ref:3694904)   #214
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Who believes all this?
Drives available?? Ha!
FB seems to think Mercs put it in, to remind us (should any need reminding) that the Germans do have a sense of humour
Old 9 Dec 2016, 00:18 (Ref:3694914)   #215
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Who believes all this?
Drives available?? Ha!
Journalists have been assured that the advert was placed by the team as a result of the number of phone calls that they received from drivers and/or their managers to assure Mercedes that they were available to take up the vacant seat.

But it is a self-deprecating spoof, and that is why there are no contact details, or requests for CVs, etc., etc.

Nice to see in the high pressure world of F1 that there can actually be a bit of fun.
Old 9 Dec 2016, 00:21 (Ref:3694915)   #216
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Mick Schumacher will be 18 before the start of Round 1 2017
Old 9 Dec 2016, 01:21 (Ref:3694922)   #217
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joe Saward has been known to be wrong. Bottas will be in that seat. Have I ever been wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 9 Dec 2016, 01:27 (Ref:3694923)   #218
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
I think that they will when it suits them and after they have kicked around all other ideas ..

Last edited by JeremySmith; 9 Dec 2016 at 01:34.
Old 9 Dec 2016, 02:56 (Ref:3694927)   #219
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I think that they will when it suits them and after they have kicked around all other ideas ..
And in the meantime, MercedesF1 gets people talking about who will be in the seat... any publicity is good publicity right?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Dec 2016, 03:03 (Ref:3694928)   #220
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Mate ! That's right it keeps people guessing about who will get the seat, watching the Mercedes at Austin I am not surprised many of the drivers would want that ride ..
Old 9 Dec 2016, 04:41 (Ref:3694932)   #221
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Even Armco Bender has applied.
Sure did,although they said the needed a CV,you'd think an outfit like Mercedes would have plenty of their own CV joints.Any how I took one off the tractor and sent it to them with my application.
Old 9 Dec 2016, 06:31 (Ref:3694936)   #222
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Not sure if it's available in France but Readly includes Autosport amongst it's thousands of titles, this includes not just every edition the day it's released but all back numbers as far as March 2014. For 8 quid a month it's incredible value. There are a number of other motorsport related magazines in the list as well.

Of course you never actually own them and have to read them on your device also I can't see the price being held forever but I find it a really interesting way to consume a huge variety of magazines that I would never shell out for individually.

No connection with Readly other than as a subscriber.

Last edited by fourWheelDrift; 9 Dec 2016 at 06:32. Reason: spelling
Old 9 Dec 2016, 09:09 (Ref:3694940)   #223
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Sure did,although they said the needed a CV,you'd think an outfit like Mercedes would have plenty of their own CV joints.Any how I took one off the tractor and sent it to them with my application.
Bwwwaaahh Ha Ha Ha !
That's the best post for the year
Old 9 Dec 2016, 09:27 (Ref:3694943)   #224
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Joe Saward has been known to be wrong. Bottas will be in that seat. Have I ever been wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One complication, I believe is that Mercedes can't simply write a big cheque and put Pascal into Williams as apparently their sponsor agreements don't allow for two novices in the team, one has to be an experienced driver - so maybe Nasr back to Williams if Bottas does go.
Old 9 Dec 2016, 09:30 (Ref:3694944)   #225
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Does anyone have the email address for the F1 vacancy?