Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 21 Mar 2017, 15:48 (Ref:3720430)   #951
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by racinglad View Post
Has got crash and burn as well
Are you lot rubbing all this in.
Old 21 Mar 2017, 16:16 (Ref:3720436)   #952
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Would not mind but I only ordered the DVD Sunday. Not come yet.Thanks for the BBC I Player nod.
Old 21 Mar 2017, 16:57 (Ref:3720446)   #953
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Would not mind but I only ordered the DVD Sunday. Not come yet.Thanks for the BBC I Player nod.
I have always thought we should have a 'For Sale & Wanted' thread on the forum.
Old 21 Mar 2017, 19:16 (Ref:3720466)   #954
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Not wanting to be left out, just watched C and B on the jolly old iplayer.

Thought EJ pretty much summed it up at the end! Good watch, and some nice archive footage of junior formula racing.....
Old 22 Mar 2017, 09:38 (Ref:3720590)   #955
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Yep, I watched it last night and found it an entertaining hour. I did strike me what an arrogant so & so TB is/was, plus it was interesting to see & hear others from that time such as Calvin Fish & David Kennedy. The archive footage was also very nostalgic.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 10:34 (Ref:3720612)   #956
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Yep, I watched it last night and found it an entertaining hour. I did strike me what an arrogant so & so TB is/was, plus it was interesting to see & hear others from that time such as Calvin Fish & David Kennedy. The archive footage was also very nostalgic.
Yes to all that! Didn't appear to be too much 'crash' while he was winning championships, unless they skipped over that aspect..... Certainly a very natural talent.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 17:27 (Ref:3720700)   #957
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
"Jean" dit you hear something about London?
Old 22 Mar 2017, 17:33 (Ref:3720702)   #958
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, attack on Parliament. Very sad that not only has a policeman been injured but an innocent person has died. We live in interesting times...................... sadly.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 17:44 (Ref:3720704)   #959
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Signe des temps politics yesterday use to express their condemnation now they tend to say they are sorry but that we must be prepared to this kind of thing (lasting).
Old 22 Mar 2017, 18:45 (Ref:3720721)   #960
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Now four dead, including a perpetrator. Very sad day.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 21:02 (Ref:3720757)   #961
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
"Jean" dit you hear something about London?
Yes Gerard. Been following it on France24.com.

Sadly there were some French children from Brittany involved, three injured, two of them seriously.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3720759)   #962
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Yes to all that! Didn't appear to be too much 'crash' while he was winning championships, unless they skipped over that aspect..... Certainly a very natural talent.
I think the 'Crash' bit relates to his destructive personality as much as anything. I certainly never found him very likeable.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 21:18 (Ref:3720760)   #963
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Watched last night . Very good . Moving on im up at 4 am as testing at Blyton Park . My first visit . I'm told that Ginetta now own the track .
Old 22 Mar 2017, 21:42 (Ref:3720768)   #964
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I always thought it was Lawrence Tomlinson's concept anyway so that's probably an accounting change.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 22 Mar 2017, 22:11 (Ref:3720776)   #965
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Watched last night . Very good . Moving on im up at 4 am as testing at Blyton Park . My first visit . I'm told that Ginetta now own the track .
Good grief Iain. That's a long way to go for a test on what, as I understand it, is a sprint track.
Old 22 Mar 2017, 22:29 (Ref:3720780)   #966
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Video about Blyton Park and the chap who created it.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/02/03/m...rd-usher-xcar/
Old 23 Mar 2017, 07:10 (Ref:3720829)   #967
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I think the 'Crash' bit relates to his destructive personality as much as anything.
That makes more sense......
Old 23 Mar 2017, 08:05 (Ref:3720838)   #968
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Good grief Iain. That's a long way to go for a test on what, as I understand it, is a sprint track.
Maybe they do a very good 'Full English'......
Old 23 Mar 2017, 12:37 (Ref:3720893)   #969
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Blooming great little track . Had lots of fun in a FJ and 500. Very nice people and I got interview for BBC . Don't think they will use it as I could not remember Tomlinson name
Old 23 Mar 2017, 14:00 (Ref:3720910)   #970
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Blooming great little track . Had lots of fun in a FJ and 500. Very nice people and I got interview for BBC . Don't think they will use it as I could not remember Tomlinson name

Yes, yes, yes but we all want to know about the breakfast! (Now that Mike has mentioned it ....)
Old 23 Mar 2017, 14:23 (Ref:3720913)   #971
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Did not have breakfast but had a very nice jacket potato with beens and cheese. Good job I'm on my own coming home in the van ��
Old 23 Mar 2017, 14:31 (Ref:3720916)   #972
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They certainly did a 'Full English' last year and very good it was to, the room you sit in is up to standard as well.

Still think that Santa Pod beats them though by a whisker.
Old 23 Mar 2017, 15:14 (Ref:3720922)   #973
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Blyton myself next week for the third time and I can confirm breakfast and lunch, along with the facilities are up to scratch. Track is very demanding and the people running it are very helpful. Hopefully it will all remain the same and we can continue to arrange and fill Club test days.

Pete Richards
Old 23 Mar 2017, 15:35 (Ref:3720924)   #974
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
That makes more sense......
I'm told 'Crash & Burn' is being shown again on BBC4 on Monday evening, don't know what time.

Goodwood MM is also on Monday evening, ITV4 at 9pm UK time.

Bet they clash...
Old 23 Mar 2017, 15:39 (Ref:3720925)   #975
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It does indeed clash on Monday. Crash and Burn repeat timings but probably still on iPlayer.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 15.37.50.png