Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4 Sep 2017, 15:33 (Ref:3764460)   #11
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Richard, my reason for going with a two stage option was that, and I should perhaps have given more prominence to rather than just the final line, I would be looking to find a way to include most technical "infringements" including extra gear boxes into the points penalty system.

---

I had thought of just going with half points with the possibility of teams ending up with a season total that included a half point at the end. I have no issue with that, it has happened in the past but those have come about from the rare situation whether has been a race stoppage after the first 2 laps and before reaching 75% distance, that extends beyond the maximum 4 hour event window.

As half points are already awarded and if there are are half constructors points on top of that, do we want teams fighting for constructors places and the large financial returns that one place can bring over another in quarter points. ... It's bad enough when it's just a single point and a half point would be worse even worse.

Having said all that, if it was just a single stage points reduction I'd offer something similar to the second of my points lists, so the penalty is not just reduced points but having to get into the top 8 to receive them.