Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Aug 2001, 22:13 (Ref:134539)   #1
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What did you think of the MG?

What did you think of the MG that appeared at Le Mans this year? I think Lola did a nice job with it. I am not usually a fan of open top cars but I think this one was really something. Ran as high as third overall with the 675 regulations!
Old 22 Aug 2001, 22:34 (Ref:134555)   #2
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
considering all the negative reports we heard before the race, I was VERY impressed. while both cars eventually did break, they were quite fast while they were running(much ahead of where everyone thought they'd be), and they also lasted a quite a biut longer than expected as well. for such a short amount of time, less than 6 months?, a great job. might sound like a broken record, but they could easily compete for some class in a matter of a handful of races(especially given the weak class), and possible compete for an OA win(probably at a longer race due to less fuel consumption) if they continue development by racing. cherry picking the big races will not allow them to accomplish this, however.
Old 23 Aug 2001, 08:26 (Ref:134716)   #3
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, it was a particularly stunning performance by MG...

Running 3rd in LMP675 = Amazing
Old 23 Aug 2001, 12:43 (Ref:134822)   #4
MGF
Racer

MGF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets hope that if they enter the Petit Le-Mans that they do well there.

I heard a rumour that MG/Lola were going to sell EX257 chassis to privateer teams..... Does anyone know anything about this?
Old 23 Aug 2001, 21:56 (Ref:135111)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The bad news is that MG will not be running at PLM this year. I also think I read in Autosport, just after Le Mans that there had been several enquires for private teams about buying car.

Also does anyone know if the car has run snice Le Mans, I know it ran at Goodwood, but I am not sure if there has been any more testing.