Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 30 Nov 2016, 16:40 (Ref:3692430)   #76
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
But who would partner Nico at Merc? Kimi?
Would it matter?
Old 30 Nov 2016, 21:54 (Ref:3692519)   #77
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well we will just have to see who is Nico's team mate next year, Lewis is not a happy bunny at the moment and with all the rumours going he may jump ship again...
Not going to happen.

Some media just made up a story.
Mercedes may be unhappy about Lewis' actions, and have a talk with him (or not), and that's really all there is.
Old 1 Dec 2016, 09:16 (Ref:3692632)   #78
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, one example of bad journalism. Like the Telegraph article the other day which said that Mercedes may punished Hamilton and said they may even ban him for a race; then, when you read the article you see it is unsubstantiated and the most they include is a quote from Toto Wolff saying some tame things about how he will talk to Lewis and he hasn't decided what to do yet. Of course they may ban him, but a) it's extremely unlikely and b) completely undeducable from the article.

Regarding Nico, well done, World Champion. He may not have set people's hearts alike like a Lewis, but what a modern-day professional job he has done; he's put in the dedicated graft that someone like him, who is extremely capable but probably. It blessed with the out-and-out natural ability like Hamilton, requires to be so successful. Sure, he had fewer car failures than Lewis, but that's all in the game, isn't it? Ultimately, he can stand proud when thinking about his season.

He probably maximized his points-scoring approach, not taking what he might have felt were unnecessary risks in terms of the championship. Now I'm wondering whether he really was going all out to win every race like he repeated or if sometimes he did approach a situation 'thinking of the championship'. He was sometimes clumsy in battle.

If I were giving him his end-of-term report, I would tell him that I want to see him with his shoulders out a bit more next season, now that the championship monkey is off his back. He delivered a clean, clinical move on Verstappen in Abu Dhabi when the stakes were high, but he knew he had to. Next year's battle with Lewis should be all the more interesting for his having won a championship.

Last edited by Born Racer; 1 Dec 2016 at 09:22.
Old 1 Dec 2016, 16:22 (Ref:3692731)   #79
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well said BR!

im also fascinated by how an athlete responds once the championship monkey is off their back.

some are happy with one and the motivation fades, some never have a chance to win a second, and for others, the first only drives them on to win more and more.

no predictions on my part for which one Nico will be...just hope he doesnt turn out to be like a former champion whose name should never be mentioned!
Old 1 Dec 2016, 17:40 (Ref:3692743)   #80
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
To me, Nico is the more mature, he has his wife and child which makes him more settled whereas I feel Lewis is still a bit immature, has an essence of spoilt child if things are going his way.

We have to couch all comments in the fact that both have been massively indulged for most of their lives by various parties and have lived lives that we can only dream of.
Old 1 Dec 2016, 17:46 (Ref:3692746)   #81
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Lewis may not like it when he loses, but by the next GP it's all forgotten about and he's racing as hard as ever. Anyway well done Nico on those kind words on Lewis
Old 2 Dec 2016, 13:25 (Ref:3692973)   #82
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As this thread is titled 'Nico Rosberg', then worth mentioning that he has retired!!
Old 2 Dec 2016, 14:30 (Ref:3693043)   #83
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed, see http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148945
Old 2 Dec 2016, 17:03 (Ref:3693115)   #84
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As Peter points out we have a thread all about his retirement , so lets retire this one for the moment.
Closed Thread