Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Jan 2017, 18:06 (Ref:3701332)   #26
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Mike! Typical Tim, make things complicated. I had the same problem once.

Click on the 'paper ciip' icon (next to the smiley on the top line), and up comes a box. From this it should be self evident what to do, especially for an intelligent chap like yourself.

Bob. Wonder Techie.
Well **** me sideways I never knew that, Bob you are indeed a compoota genius
Old 9 Jan 2017, 18:12 (Ref:3701333)   #27
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Just testin, Nope mine go side by side
Attached Thumbnails
salem6a.jpg   DSC_6546.JPG   2015-08-01 12.40.33.jpg  

Old 9 Jan 2017, 18:20 (Ref:3701336)   #28
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gp 2 Capri.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	48966

Name:	imagesDKDE3MPI.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	48967

Name:	I love this post.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	48968

Now you lot are just taking the p*ss
Old 9 Jan 2017, 18:32 (Ref:3701343)   #29
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Honest we're not
Attached Images

Old 9 Jan 2017, 19:15 (Ref:3701353)   #30
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My wallpaper changes a lot, especially during the season, a random selection of shots that fronted the PC in '16:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3057.jpg   IMG_2225.jpg   IMG_2666.jpg  

IMG_4168.jpg   IMG_1192.jpg   IMG_3868.jpg  

Old 9 Jan 2017, 19:31 (Ref:3701357)   #31
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Briitsh Grand Prix 1954, Gordini T16. Retired lap 53 with suspension trouble.
Jeannot one of my all time heroes.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much Bauble. I think only him could place this tiny car among monsters such like Ferrari's and Mercedes. Gordini's cars was pushed beyond the limits bearing in mind that some parts was coming from production cars (Fiat/Simca) and that Amédée experienced some financial issues… sometimes, being often on the tight rope.
Anyway, my mother still states that he was a pretty good valse danser!
Old 9 Jan 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3701358)   #32
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Well **** me sideways I never knew that, Bob you are indeed a compoota genius

Sorry Tim.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 21:57 (Ref:3701387)   #33
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's only one and that's infamous.
Attached Thumbnails
2016-07-25 08.12.02.jpg  
Old 9 Jan 2017, 23:09 (Ref:3701402)   #34
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Before you all go rushing for a bucket or sticking your fingers down your throat, there is a very good reason for having this as my screen/life saver.

My wife has no interest in my motor racing at all, except when it comes to any form of hospitality, which in this case was down at the RAC Club in Surrey.
This has been my "safe compromise" for a long time.

By keeping this one I am able to stay alive as she has to be No1, and as I did try once, with a race car picture only, came very close to something akin to the Blitz, Hellfire and Damnation, all rolled into one. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kid you not.

She is still in Australia, so I can only look at some of your pictures with a certain envy.
Attached Thumbnails
RAC Epsom and Queens Tea Party 006.jpg  
Old 10 Jan 2017, 09:26 (Ref:3701540)   #35
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
There's still time to change the locks, or even move Graham
Old 10 Jan 2017, 09:45 (Ref:3701547)   #36
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I don't have a screen saver, but a few wallpapers. one of which I won't bore you with, is a lovely ariel shot of central Shoreham taken in 1946.
Attached Thumbnails
wilmentGT.jpg   original_spa-335.jpg  
Old 10 Jan 2017, 10:41 (Ref:3701558)   #37
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I don't have a screen saver, but a few wallpapers. one of which I won't bore you with, is a lovely ariel shot of central Shoreham taken in 1946.
What has washing powder got to do with it Zef?
Old 10 Jan 2017, 10:53 (Ref:3701564)   #38
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Briitsh Grand Prix 1954, Gordini T16. Retired lap 53 with suspension trouble.
Jeannot one of my all time heroes.
Thank you so much Bauble. I think only him could place this tiny car among monsters such like Ferrari's and Mercedes. Gordini's cars was pushed beyond the limits bearing in mind that some parts was coming from production cars (Fiat/Simca) and that Amédée experienced some financial issues… sometimes, being often on the tight rope.
Anyway, my mother still states that he was a pretty good valse danser![/QUOTE]

Gerard, I know the Gordini story well, (and was at that race), Le Sorcerer achieved a lot with very limited resources, he must be of great pride to La Francais.

Jean Behra was certainly one of the finest drivers of his era, who had he not been up against and Moss, Fangio could have been so much more successful. I once read of him that "He had more b***s than a Christmas tree", sadly he cared more for actually racing than the politics of the sport.

I am proud to have him on my screen saver.

Regadez

Le bauble. (Whose grasp of French is limited)
Old 10 Jan 2017, 11:56 (Ref:3701574)   #39
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
She is still in Australia, so I can only look at some of your pictures with a certain envy.
The horsey one?
Old 10 Jan 2017, 12:57 (Ref:3701581)   #40
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, sure "Le bauble" Le Sorcier does belong to our mechanical story. His financial ressources were very very limited. He got some rest with the help of Renault before retiring. I met him several times but was too young to mesure my luck. My dad was friend with Mr Jean Rédélé too, a young guy "bricolant de drôles de voitures en plastique" in a Renault garage (Escoffier) near la butte Montmartre in Paris. Those were Alpine's. In your archives may be you can see one of my dad's Gordini pictures, name was Robert Cayeux. I think he won some laurels with his racing car at La Baule concours d'élégance (dont know the year).
I couldn't imagine that this small french team could have found any supporter in England. I'm impressed and moved to hear that.
About Jean Behra many witnesses of the era refer to him as " a true elegant gentleman". Sounds good to me dont you agree?
Old 10 Jan 2017, 13:02 (Ref:3701582)   #41
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is my current office desktop.
Attached Thumbnails
2016-09-25_08-41-52.jpg  
Old 10 Jan 2017, 13:38 (Ref:3701588)   #42
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
OK maybe Behra shouldn't have smashed someone's face (was it Tavoni?) but you know those days… We should avoid having any discussion just after a race/practice. My wife calls this moment pressure release …

Nice MG, Peter. Just out of curiosity which type of induction was homologated on the SD1's such like yours ?
Old 10 Jan 2017, 13:54 (Ref:3701591)   #43
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks that was at Spa in 2012. We're back for the three hours in June.

As to the Rover. To comply with my understanding of the regs and the "new" App K the car has to run what it ran in period not necessarily what was homologated. So the regs for the BSCC allowed for a different carburettor as long as you ran the same number of chokes. In the case of the Rovers, the 48IDA was the weapon of choice, which replaced the twin SUs; and that's what is currently fitted and what I'll have for the HTP.

There is a school of thought that they ran the homologated fuel injection system but I know that in 1981, which is the spec of my car, that was not on any of the Works Rovers. Allegedly, although nobody has provided any proof, the PMG Rovers ran the injection system in 1982. My cynicism arises because the cars were run by TWR and if he could see a way of winning then he would have fitted it and as far as I can tell the records show that at the end of 1982 my car at least was on the Weber. Trouble is everyone else is putting the FI on their cars and thus I'm losing around 30BHP!

The French Championship ran triple Webers, but the sister car to mine (the French Marlboro car) is running the injection too. I doubt that I'll be competitive this year under these circumstances but at least I'll know the car is correct. The spectators will just see a slow Rover, (no change there then).