Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Feb 2012, 21:40 (Ref:3024992)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
They were, but on a car that isn't sponsored by JPS or a company that uses the same colours it just seems fake to me.

As far as I'm concerned, it just needs to be pleasing to the eye. I was never a member of the reality police.......
Old 12 Feb 2012, 21:45 (Ref:3024995)   #27
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When I think about I wish they were doing a form of Tribute to the Rothmans colours from Porsche/Williams. Don't actually think I've seen that anywhere but maybe that Cayman series in the US running historic Porsche livieries.

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 12 Feb 2012, 22:18 (Ref:3025005)   #28
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
So what are they bringing to the party- a pot of black paint and a couple of Lotus stickers?

Could it just be a case of Rebellion watches producing a branded watch for Lotus, as cmk suggested, and a livery change to promote that?
I was half-joking about the watch connection, though anything is possible. The comment that the 2010/11 livery is reminiscent of the classic Gold Leaf colours is an interesting one; it is as much the obsession with badge engineering that bothers me about the black-and-gold fetish Lotus has lately as it is over-saturating classic liveries. I never thought about Gold Leaf Lotus when looking at those Rebellion cars, I just thought it was pretty!
Old 13 Feb 2012, 06:25 (Ref:3025116)   #29
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
John Dagys is tweeting the Rebellion will be black and Gold this year, but still known as a Lola-Toyota. It appears Lotus has taken over as main sponsor so they'll run their colors and Logo I assume.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 09:12 (Ref:3025154)   #30
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just more money for Rebellion meaning they'll be the most well funded LMP1 team in the series and hopefully will spend those funbucks wisely.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3025177)   #31
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Erm... If LOTUS are stumping up all this money, how long before they stop being REBELLION?
Seeing as the Judds 2 years back were re-badged as Rebellions...

Another sign of great age, I guess. I can remember when Lotus had no money!
Old 13 Feb 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3025181)   #32
DeathOrGlory
Racer

DeathOrGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope one black-n'-gold, the other red-n'-gold.

Ticks the boxes for Lotus, ticks the boxes for Rebellion. I hope the WEC will allow that.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 12:15 (Ref:3025213)   #33
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Another sign of great age, I guess. I can remember when Lotus had no money!
That time may come again soon, depending on the result of the sale of the company, acquisition of new capital for the new model launches, and the motorsports initiatives.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 13:22 (Ref:3025241)   #34
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
I hope one black-n'-gold, the other red-n'-gold.

Ticks the boxes for Lotus, ticks the boxes for Rebellion. I hope the WEC will allow that.
Can't find anything in the regs that wouldn't allow (quickly Ctrl+F'd "colour" and "livery").
Old 13 Feb 2012, 14:13 (Ref:3025267)   #35
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Can't find anything in the regs that wouldn't allow (quickly Ctrl+F'd "colour" and "livery").
Just look at the fact that last year the Lizards were allowed to run their two "art cars" in different color schemes, and Risi in 2007-2010 running their main car in red and the Krohn car in whatever they call that green... I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be allowed.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 16:45 (Ref:3025310)   #36
ep16
Rookie

ep16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Audi in 2011 with two silver and one black (though they were techichally entered as different teams...)
Old 13 Feb 2012, 17:39 (Ref:3025335)   #37
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I don't think it has ever been forbidden in sports cars, I'm pretty sure you're confusing that with F1 where BAR wasn't allowed to run two differently-colored cars back in the 90s.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 17:54 (Ref:3025343)   #38
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, I think a non-issue is being discussed here.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 18:59 (Ref:3025381)   #39
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
I loved the old livery, but if they were going for something a bit historical, how about the '98 TS020 livery?

Why? Toyota are back and they have a white and red livery anyway...

Never been a fan of that livery or car though, so I'm biased.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3025447)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
Why? Toyota are back and they have a white and red livery anyway...

Never been a fan of that livery or car though, so I'm biased.

So am I. It's bloody gorgeous!
Old 13 Feb 2012, 22:07 (Ref:3025476)   #41
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ep16 View Post
And Audi in 2011 with two silver and one black (though they were techichally entered as different teams...)
It was two different teams, Joest ran a black car and a silver car, Audi NA ran a silver car.

Non-issue.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 22:16 (Ref:3025483)   #42
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Of course that is only on paper because all the Audi Sport cars are run by Joest Racing, who rely on subcontractors such as Progressive Motorsport.
Old 13 Feb 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3025491)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, but 'on paper' still counts.....
Old 13 Feb 2012, 22:36 (Ref:3025497)   #44
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always thought the Rebellion livery was quite a disappointment compared to the Speedy Sebah liveries of 2009. I won't be sad to see it go, but are we going to see half the field wearing legacy Gulf and Lotus paint schemes now? Ouch. Double ouch considering that it might be slightly difficult to tell the Kolles cars apart from the Rebellion cars. Hopefully there are some distinguishing features.

EDIT: Oh, and Lotus = modern day J.D. Stacy?
Old 14 Feb 2012, 08:35 (Ref:3025594)   #45
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Just more money for Rebellion meaning they'll be the most well funded LMP1 team in the series and hopefully will spend those funbucks wisely.
I doubt that they will match Audi or Toyota for funding! But they will probably be the best funded privateer team.

Seems to me that Lotus are using sponsorship to confuse people, the former Renault F1 team is not owned by Lotus as far as I know but is sponsored by them, and is calling it's cars Lotii, I wonder what they will be called when Lotus runs out of money (again)???

The Black and Gold colour scheme is not a Lotus one of course it is a JPS one, do they still exist as a cigarette brand? If so they are getting some great free advertising!
Old 14 Feb 2012, 09:00 (Ref:3025605)   #46
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
The Black and Gold colour scheme is not a Lotus one of course it is a JPS one, do they still exist as a cigarette brand? If so they are getting some great free advertising!
JPS is still in existence.
Old 14 Feb 2012, 09:29 (Ref:3025615)   #47
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
JPS and normal Rebellion liveries used on one car each would be a good look to be honest.
Old 14 Feb 2012, 19:10 (Ref:3025852)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Anything else about Rebellion other than the likely pretty (or not) colours........?
Old 14 Feb 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3025930)   #49
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
New B12/60 Lolas this year, just wondering if they're getting the new Toyota V8.
Old 15 Feb 2012, 01:02 (Ref:3025975)   #50
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Not the same V8 as the TS030